Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 114123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:55 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Notice that the muppet has hole punched them and not said so in the description. In the UK to minimum reserve price if £50, so if he's got a reserve on this, is he expecting too much?

I am pretty sure that these popped because of mandalaymoon's recent auctions.  He sold each one individually for $31 each and one I think hit $50 for a total of $393 for the set.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:45 am 

I just couldn't trust someone who doesn't mention that he's hole punched them all. Makes me wonder if you'd buy his whole set of Imagine magazines just to find the pullouts missing and writing on the maps.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:51 am 

1975 BOOTHILL RULE BOOK

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Seems to have been highlighted with a yellow marker by some varmint or sheep herder. :(

Enjoy!  :D

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:22 am 

TSR Dungeon Hobby Shop Retail Order Catalog from 1982:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 am 

Juliabulia selling a first print Dragon cover Basic Box Set (Blue Cover) that looks complete but has some damage issues....

Overall the item would have to be called fair-good condition. There are some issues...First off, at some point in the items 30+ year history, it was exposed to some moisture...most likely originating at the box bottom with the compents still inside the box. It has caused some staining and waviness, most noticeably on the box bottom, then extending to the M&TA, the Geomorphs, and the Rulebook in that order. In addition, the Geomorphs have been cutout. The box itself has wear...mostly at edges/corners on the top, and some crushing to the top as well as some torn and taped corners. The dice have been used and show wear. Good news is the item is fully complete, accurate and there is no marking or writing on any of the components

Two days left and still only $21.62 (USD) so its still practically free in euro dollars..... :roll:

BTW: She gives good description doesnt she?  8)  8O

I have bought some things from her in the distant past and as I recall she was honest and fair.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:01 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Complete set of PAN

Notice that the muppet has hole punched them and not said so in the description. In the UK to minimum reserve price if £50, so if he's got a reserve on this, is he expecting too much?

Why are you calling me a muppet son ? If I have omitted to mention the hole punching (as you have said in your ebay response) how do you know about it ? Oh yeah...'cos it clearly shows on the photo's in the advert !!!

Check my revised item for an explanation. I don't mind constructive comment's but I don't take shit from twats like you. Mind that it's not just the magazines that get hole punched.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:14 pm 

oooh, fight fight fight fight.

And in the UK too!

So WHERE exactly do you 2 guys live then?  :D

Cheers,
Malc

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:16 pm 

kiwi17 wrote:
Why are you calling me a muppet son ? If I have omitted to mention the hole punching (as you have said in your ebay response) how do you know about it ? Oh yeah...'cos it clearly shows on the photo's in the advert !!!

Check my revised item for an explanation. I don't mind constructive comment's but I don't take shit from twats like you. Mind that it's not just the magazines that get hole punched.

Actually....it isnt very clear.  And it is still common courtesy to state flaws in auctions for such a collectible as this even if they are apparent in the scans.

I guess the word 'muppet' means a whole lot worse over in the U.K. than it does in the U.S. but regardless, why get so defensive about it?  And then you post a bunch of garbage in your auction description about the whole comment.  Is it really that big of a deal?  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:11 pm 

NM

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:01 pm 

kiwi17 wrote:
Why are you calling me a muppet son ?

Is it worse to be a "muppet son" than just a "muppet?"   8)

Welcome here, kiwi17.   :salut:

We Americans learned to use "muppet" as an insult from the infamous English deathjester known as Killjoy.  

I don't know what it means in the UK, but in the US it means, "person who commits a mildly annoying sin of omission"...a "faux pas"...."foible"... "gaff," "mixup," "goof" or (in some cases) "boner."

It is possible that in England it means something like, "Now You Die!"  But, in America it means very little.

Stick around...read the posts...   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:02 pm 

Muppet in the UK is used to mean foolish, reckless or lacking common sense, akin to acting like a muppet as in the muppet show.

The seller seemed to be more than aware of the value of the product he is auctioning, hense the $150+ reserve and the adverts here on Acaeum, but claims to be blissfully unaware that collectors expect the common courtesy of honesty accuracy and diligence in describing what is advertised here on Acaeum.

I buy from Acaeum members because I've come to trust the people who post here.

PS.. 'Boner' means something else over here too.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:17 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote: akin to acting like a muppet as in the muppet show.

That will be me.... :D

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:21 pm 

He's a muppet.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:54 pm 

kiwi17 wrote:

Cool - way to make a good impression - though mbassoc's avatar suggests he's the muppet!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:38 am 

Funny, I always thought "muppet" meant dickwad, asshole, aggressive idiot, threatening redneck, that sort of thing.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:50 am 

gyg wrote:Cool - way to make a good impression - though mbassoc's avatar suggests he's the muppet!

I don't have a problem being a muppet.  :lol:  
bombadil wrote:Funny, I always thought "muppet" meant dickwad, asshole, aggressive idiot, threatening redneck, that sort of thing.

Funny, that's what the newbie said. :D  I think he took it to heart.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:55 am 

Yeah, only I doubt he and/or she is really a newbie.   :wink:

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Complete set of PAN

Notice that the muppet has hole punched them and not said so in the description. In the UK to minimum reserve price if £50, so if he's got a reserve on this, is he expecting too much?

LOL ! Apologies to the rest of you guys for the overreaction.

I was just a bit p*ssed at being called a muppet by someone who doesn't know me, and doesn't have a scooby about the condition of the stuff I'm auctioning !

I don't mind the comments about the sale, but why the need for the derogatory remark ?  Think of it this way, I wouldn't post a comment like that so I wouldn't really expect anyone else to.

And tom (bombadil) I am a newbee - i really haven't sold much on ebay at all. I'm only selling my D&D stuff 'cos a) I don't use it and b) I saw how much it was going for on eBay and i saw the $ signs !   I'd never even heard of Acaeum until my mate - who is coincidentally selling Black Opal Eye on ebay (plug) - told me about it. I thought it would be a good way to generate interest in the sales (p*issing people off is just an added bonus...)

mbassoc2003 - not that i have to justify myself to you, but I really did think it was obvious from the photos that it was hole punched. And the reserve is high because i don't know how much these will fetch - I just know that there were never that many around in the day. If it meets the reserve then it was worth chancing my arm. If not, tough.

Kingofpain89
- I did bang on a bit didn't I !

FormCritic - Must admit that i thought I would have been banned from the forum by now though :0)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 114123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 112113114