Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 114123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 112113114
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 am 

Aneoth wrote:No wonder I despise 3rd Edition.
:roll:  :roll:

I second this.

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:The easiest way to figure stats, hit points, etc. in 3E is to multiply the 1E equivalent by a d6 roll.
Idiotic, useless gaming system.............

pros and cons.

1st edition was always fun when determining whether a non-thief could hear a conversation behind a closed door which was 30 feet down a hallway.

oh wait. it wasn't.

some people like granularity. others like a quick guesstimation on the fly. just a preference i guess.

regarding hitpoints. well. that was broken even in 1st. if you want combat to be what it should be, try a twilight 2000 or dark conspiracy game. but you lose a little bit of fun for realism because people aren't supposed to survive very many combats. (and they don't).

just my $0.02.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:22 pm 

guerret wrote:
Yes, and I have my eye on a couple of those GAZs... a VERY KEEN eye... so if you are interested in those be ready for tough time!  :D

I am seeking a Gaz11, so I saw that guy's stuff too.  Don't worry about me, though... I won't bid on a SW item.  I mean... I wouldn't mind knowing that it was minty from the SW, but I don't want to pay the 100% extra due to the SW, since I plan on cracking it open as soon as I get it.  ;)  (I don't have the SW fetish.)  hehe

I'll just wait for another one in good condition that is open and complete.  :)

~Kat  ^_^

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:52 pm 

Katchoo wrote:
I am seeking a Gaz11, so I saw that guy's stuff too.  Don't worry about me, though... I won't bid on a SW item.  I mean... I wouldn't mind knowing that it was minty from the SW, but I don't want to pay the 100% extra due to the SW, since I plan on cracking it open as soon as I get it.  ;)  (I don't have the SW fetish.)  hehe

Unfortunately I do. However, GAZ11 is probably the easiest of Gazetteers to find around (even in SW it's quite common), often for prices easily below $20, so you shouldn't have a lot of trouble in finding copies of it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:26 am 

Nice win on the Misty Isles Stephen  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :IT&ih=021

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:27 am 

Ultra cheap Geomorphs Set I:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:57 am 

Some unexpected prices here:

With the white box craziness over the last couple of weeks I expected this to go for quite a bit more given its condition.  I guess the insanity has finally worn off?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0225968059

I take it this Cavaliers and Roundheads is a first print but still quite a bit higher than I have ever seen one go for before:

Same with the Panzer Warfare and the DGUTS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0225966014

IIRC the last couple of Guidon DGUTS went for about half this price.  Regardless...I am glad I dont have the print run sickness.  Quite happy with my $25 DGUTS and my $20 Panzer Warfare.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:01 am 

By the way Aneoth....nice win on the Woodgrain Tractics:

Just dont use the box lid for a coaster like that last owner did.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:23 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Some unexpected prices here:

With the white box craziness over the last couple of weeks I expected this to go for quite a bit more given its condition.  I guess the insanity has finally worn off?

Yeah, seems to have worn off.  The previous two went for under $150 -- though I'd say that the latest one has a nicer box than those two.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:28 am 

Meanwhile this 5th print slipped under the radar in general:  http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0227450707 (alas, not to my betterment!).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:41 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Nice win on the Misty Isles Stephen  :D

I can't believe how cheap that went for.  I was watching it and based on its condition, I was expecting it to go for twice what it did. Really nice win.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:45 am 

g026r wrote:
Yeah, seems to have worn off.  The previous two went for under $150 -- though I'd say that the latest one has a nicer box than those two.

Heh, so much for the brilliance posted in this thread by STS:

viewtopic.php?t=6874&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Further proof that he-doesn't-have-the-slightest-clue.  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Nice win on the Misty Isles Stephen  :D

My ebay search never picked this up, nice win Stephen :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:33 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Heh, so much for the brilliance posted in this thread by STS:

viewtopic.php?t=6874&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Further proof that he-doesn't-have-the-slightest-clue.  :lol:

Let's just say you would be a very scary statistitian!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:10 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Some unexpected prices here:

Same with the Panzer Warfare:

Quite happy with my $20 Panzer Warfare.  :D

I would probably guess that your Panzer Warfare has a lizardman logo on it.  This one is a very early one with a GK logo.  Its probably the only one I have seen with the GK logo.  I didn't realize there were quite so many prints of it either.  If I had known, I probably would have raised the price on this one.

On the same note though, look at the winning bidders on most of these items: Lofenloc, TFM, increment - all guys that have very deep pockets and roll by the "need it now" bidding scheme.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:30 pm 

Mars wrote:
I would probably guess that your Panzer Warfare has a lizardman logo on it.  This one is a very early one with a GK logo.  Its probably the only one I have seen with the GK logo.  I didn't realize there were quite so many prints of it either.  If I had known, I probably would have raised the price on this one.

On the same note though, look at the winning bidders on most of these items: Lofenloc, TFM, increment - all guys that have very deep pockets and roll by the "need it now" bidding scheme.

Well obviously mine is not a first print, I already knew that.  :wink:   But the difference in price between first and second printings is quite staggering.  And you are correct regarding the bidders as well.  I just didnt want to state the obvious.  People can spend whatever they want regardless of what anyone, including myself, thinks about it.*

*If you ask me though....they are all off their rocker.  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:*If you ask me though....they are all off their rocker.  :P

I'm with you there - most of the time I think I'm * as well.

I think a lot of the prices on the TSR supplement games have really shot up in the past few years; especially the ones that have the GK logo on them.  I thought I had a good handle on different printings of these too but there really are lots of different ones.  This also makes me think that at some point when the knowledge of all the different printings become more widespread that prices will probably go up a bit more too.

I think the reason I started collecting these a few years back is because they were fairly cheap.  Now I seen to be spending a lot to just fill in a hole or two.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:34 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Let's just say you would be a very scary statistitian!

I know because letting common sense and vast previous experience enter into discussing trends is something that no statistian does. Ummkay...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 114123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 112113114