Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 114123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:39 am 

serleran wrote:Someone should archive that. Its like every picture of Warduke, ever.

He had it professionally graded.
Of course he has a crush.

BTW, who is warduke anyway?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:41 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:This guy has a serious man-crush on Warduke:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

That is one hell of a detailed description.  8O

I now feel like any auction I ever put up just cannot compete with the awesomeness of this auction. It makes me want to bid, just to give the guy justification for going to all that trouble. I'm only joking like 10% too.

Zen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:50 am 

Aneoth wrote:BTW, who is warduke anyway?

Well, he's a Duke and his profession is "war."  

Sorry about that.  Sarcasm gets the better of me sometimes. :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 am 

Warduke made his triumphant return, now an 18th level human fighter complete with far greater stats: AC: 34, HP: 318, S 32, I 13, W 15, D 16, Cn 28, Ch 20.

8O  8O

So he became a greater god then.............  :roll:
Actually greater than that.
Str.... 32??
Con.... 28??
Ch.... 20??
HP's 318??

I must admit that the PC enhacements from the 3.x Edition rules totally escapes me, but how does a human mortal get those stats?

In D&D and AD&D, 318 HP could only happen with a greater god.
Same thing for the other stats I listed.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:53 am 

Aneoth wrote:BTW, who is warduke anyway?

And you call yourself a D&D collector?  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:54 am 

Aneoth wrote:
8O  8O

So he became a greater god then.............  :roll:
Actually greater than that.
Str.... 32??
Con.... 28??
Ch.... 20??
HP's 318??

Those are 3rd Edition stats.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:56 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
And you call yourself a D&D collector?  :roll:

Sorry............ I was being sarcastic.
I watched the cartoons as a kid, and I actually have a Strongheart figure in the original package (Not nearly as nice looking as this one) and a truly horrid copy of the Cartoons as well (Someone had recorded them on VHS and sold them on E-Bay).

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Those are 3rd Edition stats.

Still does not explain the God stats.........

At 18th level with 318 HP's, in First and Second Edition he had to have been rolling 25's on the ten sider at every level advancement to tenth and then his allotted 2 HP's at each level afterwards.

Even if you factor in that he rolled 10's at every level advancement (18 times 10 = 180)
and that he got 6 HP's bonus per level for 20 Con (6 times 18 = 108)
that still only adds up to 288 HP's.......

OOPS I was using his awesome charisma stats, not CON.... which is 28.......  Still..................

No wonder I despise 3rd Edition.
:roll:  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:27 am 

Aneoth wrote:
Still does not explain the God stats.........

At 18th level with 318 HP's, in First and Second Edition he had to have been rolling 25's on the ten sider at every level advancement to tenth and then his allotted 2 HP's at each level afterwards.

Even if you factor in that he rolled 10's at every level advancement (18 times 10 = 180)
and that he got 6 HP's bonus per level for 20 Con (6 times 18 = 108)
that still only adds up to 288 HP's.......

OOPS I was using his awesome charisma stats, not CON.... which is 28.......  Still..................

No wonder I despise 3rd Edition.
:roll:  :roll:

i was just going to comment on the same there, but Anny beat me to it.....indeedy, thats why i dont like 3E. AC 34 wtf is that all about. i really do miss seeing like AC -4 really i do.

bah

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:32 am 

killjoy32 wrote:AC 34 wtf is that all about. i really do miss seeing like AC -4 really i do.

3rd edition sounds like a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversions:  AC 32 (3rd) = AC 0 (1st) so AC 34 is about -1?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:26 pm 

Mars wrote:
3rd edition sounds like a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversions:  AC 32 (3rd) = AC 0 (1st) so AC 34 is about -1?

just doesnt do anything for me.

the dread i used to feel when i was told that something was AC -4 i used to think "how TF do i hit that??!!"

now its just "meh"

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:09 pm 

I'm all for valid criticism of 3e, which is so bad on so many levels ... but the AC concept in that edition is exactly the same as in other editions. They just replaced counting down with counting up; saying one is better than the other seems counter-intuitive to me. And, to be fair, 3e even eliminates the need for a "to-hit" chart.

Frankly, I chalk this particular complaint up to pure nostalgia. Had ODD and 1e been originally written with the "counting up" concept and had WotC later changed it to the "lower is better" method, there would be complaints here about how that was just completely stupid.

+++++

As far as hit points go, that's an area where 3e definitely gets too much like a video game. Looking at Warduke, I'd guess that he has at least two feats that are related to hit points, plus some other optional stuff from the 584 splatbooks, plus at least one magic item that increases his HP. I won't argue this point at all; when I see hundreds and hundreds of HP, I automatically think I'm looking at a faulty design.

My original Neverwinter Nights character retired with something like 510 hit points at 22nd level; I actually got bored playing him. And NWN, remember, is as pure a form of 3e as has ever been written for the computer.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:16 pm 

The easiest way to figure stats, hit points, etc. in 3E is to multiply the 1E equivalent by a d6 roll.
Idiotic, useless gaming system.............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:The easiest way to figure stats, hit points, etc. in 3E is to multiply the 1E equivalent by a d6 roll.
Idiotic, useless gaming system.............

And re-rolling all 1's and 2's........ :wink:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:54 pm 

guerret wrote:
Actually, comparing the price to the contents, it does not seem very "interesting" to me.

That's right, it is a bunch of relatively common modules - but interesting for any resellers living nearby. You could probably double that sum listing them individually.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:01 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'm all for valid criticism of 3e, which is so bad on so many levels ... but the AC concept in that edition is exactly the same as in other editions. They just replaced counting down with counting up; saying one is better than the other seems counter-intuitive to me. And, to be fair, 3e even eliminates the need for a "to-hit" chart.

Frankly, I chalk this particular complaint up to pure nostalgia. Had ODD and 1e been originally written with the "counting up" concept and had WotC later changed it to the "lower is better" method, there would be complaints here about how that was just completely stupid.

+++++

As far as hit points go, that's an area where 3e definitely gets too much like a video game. Looking at Warduke, I'd guess that he has at least two feats that are related to hit points, plus some other optional stuff from the 584 splatbooks, plus at least one magic item that increases his HP. I won't argue this point at all; when I see hundreds and hundreds of HP, I automatically think I'm looking at a faulty design.

My original Neverwinter Nights character retired with something like 510 hit points at 22nd level; I actually got bored playing him. And NWN, remember, is as pure a form of 3e as has ever been written for the computer.

Good points and I've even played 3.x so these things don't seem odd to me.
Have you played NWN2 at all? (to me it seems worse).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:52 pm 

Malakai wrote:D&D Lost Tamoachan Origins edition

The module you are looking at, 184 out of 300, has no writing in it at all.

The one that was sold recently would be copy 39, making this copy the 40th known to exist

** expired/removed eBay auction **

These are like popcorn lately - keep popping up!  It used to be one of the least common of the rares.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:37 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:

I think a character of mine in Bards Tale had over 400.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 114123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 112113114