Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 8 of 114123 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:54 pm 

All sorts of alarm bells should be ringing, but hey, life's a risk!!
I would imagine that he has answered more than one question, regarding inspection of the items and/or possibility of personal collection (the ultimate way to not get ripped off 8O ).
Bottom line is that this auction will probably go for slightly less than it might be expected to, mainly because if the zero feedback issue. (And a good chance it will go to a member here?)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:05 am 

If I had the money, I'd be bidding. Not worth doing it if there's no risk.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:29 am 

serleran wrote:If I had the money, I'd be bidding. Not worth doing it if there's no risk.

If you had the money then there'd be no risk. Besides if you pay with a credit card you are pretty safe from being defrauded on ebay.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:17 am 

zhowar wrote:FYI, NobleKnight has a copy of the Dungeonmaster's Index (by Dave Arneson) for $150:

Dungeonmaster's Index

No picture; stated as VG/NM

....what's that exactly?!?!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:40 am 

just spotted this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mattel-LCD- ... 0142924294

...i have never seen one so far... i wonder if it is really rare and the BIN price is worth...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:28 am 

aia wrote:
....what's that exactly?!?!

This I think

http://www.waynesbooks.com/DungeonsDragonsclassic.html (in the middle of the page)

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 am 

aia wrote:just spotted this:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

...i have never seen one so far... i wonder if it is really rare and the BIN price is worth...

The price seems pretty high, but if anybody is interested they can download a pdf of the manual from here:

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/HANDHE ... el-D&D.pdf

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:03 am 

No and no.  Now if you find one with the manual and the box in great condition that is a different matter entirely.  And unlike the actual RPG, this game is not very fun to play IMHO.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:16 am 

Tractics with Panzer Warfare:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:28 am 

tntwargo wrote:ODD set with Infernax:
Doesn't anyone else see something odd about this auction? Not only does the seller have a zero feedback rating, but they have been a member since 2003 and talk about offering another gem from their collection in the auction. Anytime I see a 0 feedback from a longtime member, I wonder what they have been doing all those years. I would rather a 0 rating be a newer member. It just makes more sense. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I would not touch this auction with a 10' wooden pole. -Tom

cb3230 is the sellers ID on E-Bay. I have been bidding on both of his RPG listings.

Here is my question to him regarding his Zero Feedback.
I have a question about your E-Bay account. It is 4 years old with NO feedback at all. That seems very strange. I had noted the zero feedback rating before bidding but not the age of your account until a friend later pointed that out to me. Regards, Aneoth aka John

Chuck (the seller) sent me the following reply about that subject (Zero Feedback plus old e-bay account).
Your the first person to ask this.
6 years ago, My wife and I set up a business doing customized embroidery. We thought we would need an Ebay account for some of our work. We found that we didn't need it and stuck to doing local work. We basically forgot about this account.
Now I find I'm getting rid of a closet full of game stuff that just gathers dust and I don't play. I remembered that this was still out here, so I started using it. It seems ebay never closes old accounts out.
Everyone out here seems to have some Ebay based business. The last thing I purchased on ebay was over 4 years ago. So I don't have any history out here. What is even odder is that I do very high-end web-based business software and all my geek friends think its funny that I'm not "on-the-web" more. I don't even have a personal web site. I guess since this is what I do all day long that I don't what to do it all night long.
Chuck.
P.S. If you want to see my pic, my boss made me put on his catalog site. www.alpscontrols.com I'm the goofy drummer at the bottom of the page. Enjoy.

I went to the site he indicated at the bottom of his reply, but since I did not wish to join, I was not able to view his goofy drummer pic.........  :roll:

Regardless, I was convinced by his reply and shall continue to bid on both of his RPG auction listings. Whether I win or not is obviously up in the air, but the fact that he wont accept any non-US bidders helps tremendously. (Sorry al {Killjoy}, et al) :(

If I win and if I actually get the items, then I shall entertain secondary offers for some of the items and/or place them back on E-Bay for re-sale. I am trying to re-build my currently almost empty collection so relatively larger lots such as this one may help with overall costs, since I can re-sell some of the items to recoup some of the costs. My available spendable funds are nothing like they were a few years ago, and costs for many items have risen to the point of making many rares almost unreachable for me now, so saving money is a very good thing.

This aint another one of the members of the Acaeums goofy trick listings is it? :?   This aint April guys...........

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:49 am 

Its ok Ane-o i was only after Infernax. it can stay on the "still looking for" list :)

give me something to do when i actually find some time to do it :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:06 pm 

Not me, John.  Too amatuerish... :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:46 pm 

bombadil wrote:Not me, John.  Too amatuerish... :D

it defo aint me - i couldnt be arsed faffing around to do that :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 pm 

I have seen one of these for sale on Ebay before and from memory it went for under $30.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:37 am 

H2 with interesting BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-H2-The-Mines-o ... 0138807165

...let me add that the auction description is similar to others i've seen in the past...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:32 am 

aia wrote:H2 with interesting BIN:

...let me add that the auction description is similar to others i've seen in the past...

That guy needs top clean the grout on the floor!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:21 am 

I remember it. It's basically "hunt the wumpus" - an old fashioned computer game which has been redone many times.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:12 pm 

Some TSR Catalogues.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 8 of 114123 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 112113114