Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 114123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:07 pm 

The seller does not say if the Jade Hare itself is hole punched.
If you look where the letter covers the lower left corner of the module there is a dark spot that could be a punched hole.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:18 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:The seller does not say if the Jade Hare itself is hole punched.
If you look where the letter covers the lower left corner of the module there is a dark spot that could be a punched hole.

Looks hole punched to me.  Seller probably thinks they are pretty smart covering the mod up with the letter in hopes that no one will notice.  :?   Don't you just love it when sellers try to screw you over like that?  :x

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:23 pm 

Bunch of 21st Century Games mini rulebooks and box sets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-TWE-Collectibl ... dZViewItem

Unfortunately it is a U.S. only auction.  Read a little further down and you find out why:

4. I do not ship outside of the US. Yes, that means you too, so don't send me a "please make an exception for me" eBay message. Sorry, you can blame...

-the French. For some reason, they believe that they don't have to pay for what they've won, and get indignant when you say otherwise. It happened all three times with the only three French bidders I've ever had, so there's definitely something to it.

-the Australians and British. I'm sorry that it takes a long time for mail to get to you, but I don't feel like being cussed at via email for it.

-Me, for everybody else. I'm too lazy to fill out the international mailing forms.

Wonder if he ever sold anything to Cougar?  Jeez!  :o

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:23 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Looks hole punched to me.  Seller probably thinks they are pretty smart covering the mod up with the letter in hopes that no one will notice.  :?   Don't you just love it when sellers try to screw you over like that?  :x

Since I posted the auction here, I will ask. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 pm 

I just asked:

Dear Seller, I am quite interested in possibly purchasing this module, but I was wondering if this item is hole-punched.  You clearly state the letter is hole-punched, but make no reference to the module itself and looking at your picture it appears that I can see a hole in it as it appears to be showing as much.  Can you please clarify for me if in fact the module itself is 3 hole punched? Thanks for your time, Brian

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:01 pm 

It is 3 hole-punched; Good catch JW :):

it is three hole punched, I need to amend that discription, I thought I worded it differently.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:22 pm 

Hello, I'm the seller of the Jade Hare, I came here to clear up a couple of points since there was some untrue points flying around here:

1) my car is paid for, so I'm not going to pester anyone about not paying unless you are 7-8 days past the end of the auction and haven't even bothered to contact me.

2)  My feedback is low due to two crappy foreign buyers, one who wanted to use western union bidpay (scammer) and another who's package got lost in the mail and though I should refund them even though they didn't insure the package.

3)  My camera is mega-crappy, so to get a good clean shot of both items, I layered them.  I thought I mentioned both were hole punched in the description, unfortunately I missed it.

The reason I'm liquidating my collection is to make room for my new baby, all the cash I get from it will go to her college fund.   :)  

<end rant>

"Always looking for that boxed set feeling"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:03 pm 

Alas its overseas buyers like this that make it hard for the rest of us :(

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:16 pm 

Babydragon wrote:The reason I'm liquidating my collection is to make room for my new baby, all the cash I get from it will go to her college fund.

Cool ... congrats. I sold a bunch of stuff when my 1-year-old was born, so I've been in that boat before.

One difference, though: he'll be going to community college. And he'll like it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:28 pm 

community college is actually pretty good, I liked my 2 years there better than my 2 years at Uni.

I have some other stuff going up later, I'll post here when I get them up so you guys can get a shot.  I have a hollow world boxed set and some odds and ends still to come.

"Always looking for that boxed set feeling"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Bunch of 21st Century Games mini rulebooks and box sets:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Unfortunately it is a U.S. only auction.  Read a little further down and you find out why:

Wonder if he ever sold anything to Cougar?  Jeez!  :o

:lol: Of course he is entirely within his right to sell to who he likes - but lines  like that unfortunately make him just sound like a dickhead - and who wants to buy from someone who is rude as well as lazy?  

Plus, if you read the positive feedback comments too - there are a couple of comments which make him sound a bit 'optimistic' in his item descriptions too  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:06 pm 

NetRodent wrote:
I'd wager money we're going to see a VGC frankenstein woodgrain on the market very soon...   :roll:

Cougie would never do that!!  :)

Eulaliaaa!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:07 pm 

I love Woodgrain Week.  Mark it on your calendars for next year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-D-D-SET-wo ... dZViewItem

(Though not begging, borrowing, or stealing a camera was a bad move...)

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:22 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I love Woodgrain Week.  Mark it on your calendars for next year.

(Though not begging, borrowing, or stealing a camera was a bad move...)

Those Woodies just grow on trees  :D

Cheers,

Malc

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:14 am 

Babydragon wrote:Hello, I'm the seller of the Jade Hare, I came here to clear up a couple of points since there was some untrue points flying around here:

3)  My camera is mega-crappy, so to get a good clean shot of both items, I layered them.  I thought I mentioned both were hole punched in the description, unfortunately I missed it.

The reason I'm liquidating my collection is to make room for my new baby, all the cash I get from it will go to her college fund.   :)  

<end rant>

Thanks for the info.  There are too many sellers on Ebay that find it necessary to mislead the people they are selling to.  Has happened to me a few times and I have lost pretty much any trust I may have had in Ebay sellers with the obvious exception of a few.

Congratulations on the new baby!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:00 am 

I really like the way this seller uses the item to try and sell itself.

8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:14 pm 

Don't Give up the Ship

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 pm 

Party time !?!  8O

:D  :D  :D

We could use it at the Acaeum meet and great at GenCon ;)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 114123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 112113114