Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 114123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 112113114
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:27 am 

Without doubt it's a 1st edition. As far as I know, there was only a print run for each edition, but I'm not 100% sure that it's not a 2nd print of the 1st edition.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:46 am 

sauromatian wrote:
It's identified as 2nd printing, but the cover illo looks like 1st. I could be wrong, but I thought 2nd printing is the one with the less amateurish looking picture on the cover.

Yep, the seller probably is using a stock photo.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:42 pm 

I asked the seller if it has a separate sheet with a street/town plan...

He replied "There is no loose sheet, but bound inside the book, in the appendix, are a sketch of a typical section of town, a couple of sketches of particular towns and some floor plans."

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:06 pm 

1st print Chainmail

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=019

Wow! 8O  8O  8O

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:30 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:1st print Chainmail

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Wow! 8O  8O  8O

Jeez....no kidding!  I expected that to maybe go for about 8 or 9 hundred due to the condition it is in.  And it probably would have except for two bidders.  And the second place bidder was thefantasymuseum which frankly is not that surprising.  :?  

And now for a more sane ending to an auction:

Congrats to red_bus on his Warriors of Mars win.  I'm officially jealous.  There is another one up right now but I dont think I will even toss a bid at it.  There is just too much good stuff up on Ebay at the moment.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:15 am 

smarmy1 wrote:1st print Chainmail

Wow! 8O  8O  8O

Well, strictly speaking, the only copies of Chainmail that would have more historical value to them would probably be the personal copies of Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson, and Bob Bledsaw; Bill Owen was the co-founder of Judges Guild, essentially the game company that created the RPG game industry. Sure, there were other writers out there, and other publishers, but it was Bob and Bill at JG that proved that RPG publishing was viable as an industry (proved it even to TSR, frankly). So it's sort of like buying the personal bible of one of the Founding Fathers...

Still, yeah, WOW.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:59 pm 

Egad!   4th edition D&D. I thought 3rd ed was the end of it.

Actually that would be interesting to read if I could get it for $1

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:34 pm 

It's actually the second of their preview releases; the first was Races & Classes.

$20 new and still easily available, so I can't see it going for too much.  From what I hear, they're essentially the designer notes: things that are being changed, reasons for the changes, etc.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:37 pm 

AD&D TSR UK Edition Player's Handbook & Monster Manual

also Games Workshop edition of adventure G2

Enjoy  :wink:

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 pm 

Uh... er...  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:35 pm 

Since everyone was talking about the elusive "Pumpkin Headed Bugbear" in another thread, I saw this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ral-Partha-RuneQues ... dZViewItem

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:55 pm 

R3 - condition might be an issue to the perfectionist 8O

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=022

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:30 am 

gyg wrote:R3 - condition might be an issue to the perfectionist 8O

I though it looked pretty good...

then I scrolled down...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 am 

Might  be the only way I can get my hands on an R module. I'm not bothered about condition, I've just promised myself one, sooner or later.
(And at the moment they seem quite scarce - strange how these things come in batches. IIRC early last year there were 3 or 4 of R1-3 available in quick succession.)(As a real digression,just something I've noticed recently,- is it me or are there LOADS of OD&D box sets, books and supplements coming out of the woodwork?)(I'm after Sword & Spells and Eldritch Wizardey BTW - condition not an issue!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Since everyone was talking about the elusive "Pumpkin Headed Bugbear" in another thread, I saw this...

The figure appears to be doing the Hustle. Is this a sign that it's authentic '70s vintage?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:23 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0207861556

Dunno if there's anything interesting in this lot or not as I didn't look too long.  About $6.40/item, though I did spot a few magazines that really aren't worth it and the pictures and quality descriptions are virtually worthless. :roll:

On the other hand, I've got this strange feeling the seller is going to be kicking himself over the free shipping (charging only for insurance) on this one. :lol:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:35 pm 

g026r wrote:

Dunno if there's anything interesting in this lot or not as I didn't look too long.  About $6.40/item, though I did spot a few magazines that really aren't worth it and the pictures and quality descriptions are virtually worthless. :roll:

On the other hand, I've got this strange feeling the seller is going to be kicking himself over the free shipping (charging only for insurance) on this one. :lol:

He originally droped the price to $2999 I believe then he ha put i up to the curent price.. I had a quick look and I must say there were only a few items that took my fancy (Merp a couple of others) .. some of the d20 book can now be had for about $3 new, the dragon magazines are almost worthless, and some other stuffnot really game related in there... I'm going to predict that he will get no bites and will need to sell it off bit by bit, I don't think any resellers would be interested in this lot (due to price) and they would just about be the only people that would be...

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:02 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:
He originally droped the price to $2999 I believe then he ha put i up to the curent price.. I had a quick look and I must say there were only a few items that took my fancy (Merp a couple of others) .. some of the d20 book can now be had for about $3 new, the dragon magazines are almost worthless, and some other stuffnot really game related in there... I'm going to predict that he will get no bites and will need to sell it off bit by bit, I don't think any resellers would be interested in this lot (due to price) and they would just about be the only people that would be...

Two things at work here:  If you want to sell off your entire collection, you can either break it up into parts and get the most money for your items, but this takes time, money and energy; or, you can offer it as an entire lot which is much easier but will sell for a half or less what you would get if you spent time selling it.

The disconnect comes when someone wants to sell as one large lot, yet still wants the maximum amount of money for miniumum amount of work they would get had they spent time selling it.  Hey, you never know...but I see this strategy generally never works....

Mike b.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 114123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 112113114