WotC Kills the OCE!
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:39 am 

Hi Malc,

Was it the government that told you inflation is 2.4%, by any chance? If so, I guess I'll have to accept it and ignore the pesky facts on the ground. Real English laws? You mean the ones that apparently apply to to BAe? I'll let the trendy bars (all the real pubs are dead) have hell for overcharging me. Looks like we agree on the sandwiches and train ride though. Like you say, it's a black and white world with not a shade of grey in sight.

Cheers
Danny

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:47 am 

Mike, be sure, I take everything you're saying on board. And thanks for sharing your opinions and experience. But you'll accept, what I choose to do with the information is my own choice.

That's a line under this now, from my side. I came here to get information about the market and maybe bump into a few like minds. Anything else I can leave.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:28 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Hi Malc,

Was it the government that told you inflation is 2.4%, by any chance? If so, I guess I'll have to accept it and ignore the pesky facts on the ground. Real English laws? You mean the ones that apparently apply to to BAe? I'll let the trendy bars (all the real pubs are dead) have hell for overcharging me. Looks like we agree on the sandwiches and train ride though. Like you say, it's a black and white world with not a shade of grey in sight.

Cheers
Danny

Nooo...... in a list of stupid claims I could only be arsed to answer the PARTICULARLY stupid ones.

If you don't like the UK you should s*d off and leave it to those of us who do.

As you appear to be a paranoid conspiracy-theorist, and I'm guessing a troll who won't accept any basic facts at all, you aint worth bothering about.

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:43 pm 

That's right Malc, I ain't worth bothering about. And yet here you are bothering.

Seeing as you care, I don't suppose you could cut me a slice of that 2.4% inflation you're enjoying? I'm thinking of buying a house, running a car, going to the dentist, paying my council tax... you get the idea?

But hey, what a great suggestion. I can always s*d off to another country and maybe you could wave a little flag as I departed?

It's people like you Malc...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:17 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Mike, be sure, I take everything you're saying on board. And thanks for sharing your opinions and experience. But you'll accept, what I choose to do with the information is my own choice.

That's a line under this now, from my side. I came here to get information about the market and maybe bump into a few like minds. Anything else I can leave.

I get surly before breakfast...ask my wife, she has learned to toss me a leg of lamb to gnaw on so I can mellow out.  The perils of not drinking coffee I guess.

You're right, just sharing here.  You are welcome to deal with the Coug, but I just feel obligated to keep pointing out the pitfalls. However, I'll consider yourself well-beaten down by now, thoroughly cognizant of any Cougie related misdeeds, and refrain from hammering you with them any further..

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:41 pm 

Holy hell, you don't drink coffee????

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:44 pm 

Mmm. Gleemax coffee. Add a donut. Mmm.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:32 pm 

Forbidden donut *drool*

Gleemax coffee, good to the last drop..of the 'kids' off to the 'pool' :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:56 pm 

Plaag wrote:Forbidden donut *drool*

Gleemax coffee, good to the last drop..of the 'kids' off to the 'pool' :)

ShaneG.

Is Gleemax multifunctional like Shimmer floorwax/desert topping?

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:56 pm 

simrion wrote:Is Gleemax multifunctional like Shimmer floorwax/desert topping?

Dunno 'bout dat, but here's someone's d20 version of him:

. . . http://d20.jonnydigital.com/2007/06/kill-gleemax

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:26 pm 

megnelwil wrote:That's right Malc, I ain't worth bothering about. And yet here you are bothering.

Seeing as you care, I don't suppose you could cut me a slice of that 2.4% inflation you're enjoying? I'm thinking of buying a house, running a car, going to the dentist, paying my council tax... you get the idea?

But hey, what a great suggestion. I can always s*d off to another country and maybe you could wave a little flag as I departed?

It's people like you Malc...

yeah, in last 10 years clothes dropped 50% in real terms, food about 25%, electronic goods 70%

I guess youre too young to actually be able to compare stuff from the 70s and previous - or remember 15% inflation.

Luckily, I work for a living, and have always done so, and hence am better off now than ever.  

The Uk is now the land of opportunity!! Just ask over a million of our eastern european cousins who've arrived here in the last 2 years!

And by the way, I'd be happy and proud to wave a BIG Union Flag
(its not a union jack unless its on a ship!).

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 pm 

That's great Malc, I'm really happy for you.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:56 pm 

Badmike wrote:
And for all I've wrote, it's not like I think you are a shill or puppet of the Coug or anything.
Mike B.

just for the record guys. i can vouch for dan 100%. hes a great guy and does some very decent biz. he gets both thumbs up from me and its an absolute pleasure dealing with him.

plz cut him a "little" slack eh :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:06 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
yeah, in last 10 years clothes dropped 50% in real terms, food about 25%, electronic goods 70%

I guess youre too young to actually be able to compare stuff from the 70s and previous - or remember 15% inflation.

Luckily, I work for a living, and have always done so, and hence am better off now than ever.  

The Uk is now the land of opportunity!! Just ask over a million of our eastern european cousins who've arrived here in the last 2 years!

And by the way, I'd be happy and proud to wave a BIG Union Flag
(its not a union jack unless its on a ship!).

Cheers,
Malc

just to point fact, the UK is a country of opportunity in small doses. what happens is a concept will appear and will run for a little while until the bubble bursts, everyone flounders around for a little while then something else crops up.

one of the current ones is builders throwing up apartments all over the country and investors are snapping em up faster than you can say boo. suuuuuuuuure house prices are increasing faster than the cost of living and everything else. problem is, there is now too much supply against the demand. so where will it end? a crash of sorts?

other fact: in the next 10 years, 1st time buyers won't be able to afford a house/apartment/flat etc. ppl will be renting. that is also a fact.

the UK IS an expensive place to live.

the only lucky this is, is that the currency is reasonable strong in some places.
not against the euro countries anymore :)

anyway malc, what i am saying is that what danny is saying DOES have some substance, maybe a little stretched but there is something though in the point he is putting across.

another point. last saturday i got the bus to town as my car is being fixed. it was £1.10 to actually go 3 stops. i was that surprised i nearly got off the bus and walked (except it was raining). 2 years ago it was 68p to do the same trip. now THAT is a hike way higher than inflation or whatever.

oh and btw the interest rates are steadily rising too. they are twice what they were 3-4 years ago and i am thinking they will keep on doing that too. gonna be great for the property investors and others with mortgages too. gonna feel the pinch eventually? oooh you betcha :)

anyway i have things to do :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:16 pm 

Cheers Al,

Looks like this particular OCE is gone...

Anyone got one for sale? VF+

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:23 pm 

*Ignores UK economic argument*   PDT_Armataz_01_28

Gleemax is one of those decisions that comes from a brainstorming session when the boss has ordered the boys to come up with "something new."

For instance:  In the most recent Rolling Stone magazine, Rayban sunglasses floated the slogan Never Hide.  One can only hope that the irony wasn't unintentional.

Gleemax is clearly the result of a decision made by a commitee...and now everyone has to pretend it was a good idea rather than risk unemployment by telling the boss his new idea is not only bad, it is incredibly stupid.  After all, everyone agreed, right?

In fairness to the commitee members...because I assume at least one WOTC employee reads these forums...they may have been given parameters to work with that forced them to endorse a bad decision.  Sometimes, the only choice is the best among a set of bad options.

Gleemax is a decision roughly on a par with the decision to create 2nd edition AD&D or re-issue 3.0 as 3.5.  It is the New Coke of D&D.  It belongs on the shelf of profoundly stupid ideas that also holds the AMC Pacer, "Make Seven-Up Yours," and the XFL.

I actually hope I am wrong and Gleemax works.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then, there do not seem to be enough derisive adjectives to apply to this uber-ludicrous idea.  In fact, I think "Uber-Lu" is a better idea than Gleemax.  God! :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:24 pm 

Gleemax: for all your cleaning needs.

Gleemax: probably the best lager in the world

Gleemax: the new sound in cinema

Gleemax: the new media format

sheesh its awful man

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:30 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:Gleemax: for all your cleaning needs.

Gleemax: probably the best lager in the world

Gleemax: the new sound in cinema

Gleemax: the new media format

sheesh its awful man

Gleemax:  For that "private" itching...

Gleemax: When you want to give her that "extra ribbed" delight

Gleemax: You dog will thank you...with "puppy" love!

Gleemax: Coming direct to video in a Blockbuster near you...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext