Party - North Texas
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 21, 2
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:42 pm 
 

ScketreWhisp wrote:I didn't see a place to put this in the forums... but

For those living in the North Texas area...

Since I have only met "bad" Mike, if any of the rest of you in the area wanna drop by on Sun July 8th any time after 1200 noon until midnight... we will be having grilled burgers, chicken, pork back, brauts, beer, margaritas and other food.

You can drop by, hang out, eat, drink, and swim if you like. (or just drop by and leave rare D&D items for me...)

Please, RSVP by July 6th so I can make sure to have enough food (I should have plenty no matter how many show up... but)..

There will be other people here (ie: other family and friends dropping by throughout the day).. but those in the area (or heck, fly in if you like) are welcome to come by (it's a late July 4th part since the 4th had to be in the middle of the week)

I live in Arlington, TX so I'll give you the address with directions for those that want to come by.


Oops, just read this.

My old e-mail account, [email protected] was broken by spam attacks on adrr.com (unfortunately, almost all 4 letter domains now get 70k or more random spams to names that the spammers "hope" exist -- which was just too many e-mails to non-existent accounts).

I'm now only reached through my aol account ethesis ...

Hope the party went well.

Steve ...

http://ethesis.blogspot.com/2007/07/he- ... -form.html


Regards,



Stephen

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2018
Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Far Harad, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:15 am 
 

stumbling tiger wrote:What is it about Texas that so many Acaeum guys live there?  Do you have pole-arms training as an option in high school?


My thoughts exactly. I joined this forum a few days ago & had no idea that so many other collectors were in the region. While old game collecting has exploded from what it used to be, it's still pretty small compared to Magic cards & comics.

I had previously thought of the upper midwest as the center of gaming, what with TSR & GenCon, not to mention Quincy Koziol, Titan Games, NobleKnight Games, etc.

I missed this one, but will definitely want to know of any future gatherings.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4745
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 18, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:12 am 
 

sauromatian wrote:
My thoughts exactly. I joined this forum a few days ago & had no idea that so many other collectors were in the region. While old game collecting has exploded from what it used to be, it's still pretty small compared to Magic cards & comics.

I had previously thought of the upper midwest as the center of gaming, what with TSR & GenCon, not to mention Quincy Koziol, Titan Games, NobleKnight Games, etc.

I missed this one, but will definitely want to know of any future gatherings.


There are quite a few of us Acaeum members in the North Texas region.

I myself reside in Plano.
Ethesis (Steve Marsh) is also in Plano I believe.
Sea-to-sky-games is also in Plano.
Badmike is in Euless.
Aneoth is in McKinney.
Gus Landt is in Denton.
Geoff Dale is in Ft. Worth I think.
Skectrewhisp is in Arlington.

There are a few others that arent coming to mind at the moment.  Badmike, Aneoth, and I get together at least once a month to play AD&D.  And we have had two North Texas Acaeum Member meetings over the last few years, just to meet each other and hang out and talk about whatever.  Hopefully we will have another one sometime after GenCon.

So whereabouts is Far Harad with respect to Dallas?  Far Harad is semi-desolate so I am guessing you live in or around Mesquite?  :D


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2018
Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Last Visit: Jan 21, 2021
Location: Far Harad, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:38 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Skectrewhisp is in Arlington.


Who invited me to this forum, thanks for that.

Kingofpain89 wrote:get together at least once a month to play AD&D.


I once played it often enough to know every single 1st edition rule in existence, but don't know if I can return to proper 6-hour sessions. My recent return to interest in these games is because of my son. He's played D&D for a few years but is just getting into the Players Handbook-level of gaming [11 years old]. Besides helping him out with that, I've been returning to the old books I remember from the 70s.

Kingofpain89 wrote:So whereabouts is Far Harad with respect to Dallas?  


It's about an hour's drive south of Apple Lane. Or west, I forget [every map has an Apple Lane on it somewhere]. Otherwise known as Central Austin.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:37 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
There are quite a few of us Acaeum members in the North Texas region.

I myself reside in Plano.
Ethesis (Steve Marsh) is also in Plano I believe.
Sea-to-sky-games is also in Plano.
Badmike is in Euless.
Aneoth is in McKinney.
Gus Landt is in Denton.
Geoff Dale is in Ft. Worth I think.
Skectrewhisp is in Arlington.

There are a few others that arent coming to mind at the moment.  Badmike, Aneoth, and I get together at least once a month to play AD&D.  And we have had two North Texas Acaeum Member meetings over the last few years, just to meet each other and hang out and talk about whatever.  Hopefully we will have another one sometime after GenCon.

So whereabouts is Far Harad with respect to Dallas?  Far Harad is semi-desolate so I am guessing you live in or around Mesquite?  :D


JohnGaunt is in Mesquite also.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:36 am 
 

sauromatian wrote:[every map has an Apple Lane on it somewhere].

For Texas, that ever-present street is Belt Line Road.   :D

  
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 21, 2