eBay query query
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:14 am 

eBay's search algorithms are always interesting to try to figure out when something's amiss with one of my queries.  

After seeing item #  
** expired eBay auction **
in the Non-TSR interesting things thread, I was curious, since I hadn't found the lot in my usual scanning for Starstones.

However, I can't seem to get that auction to appear in my search results, even when searching for "starstone." (with period) or "starstone vernon" (no in quotes in my query), even with search description and search worldwide clicked.  

Any thoughts?  Does it have anything to do with the Item Location or Ships To being listed as UK (and eBay knows I'm not in the UK)???

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:23 am 

grodog wrote:
Any thoughts?  Does it have anything to do with the Item Location or Ships To being listed as UK (and eBay knows I'm not in the UK)???

I'd definitely say because he is only offering shipping to the UK.  Try doing a search on to www.ebay.co.uk and I am sure it will come up. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I'd definitely say because he is only offering shipping to the UK.  Try doing a search on to www.ebay.co.uk and I am sure it will come up. :wink:

Yeah Al, i think BC is right there. i get instances like that the other way round and i have to log into ebay.us for the items to appear.

Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:52 pm 

Yep, that's what it is.  It happens to me all the time too.  As long as you do the search from Ebay.co.uk it will come up - even if you are logged in with a home address from the US.