Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:29 pm 

LOL!

Check out me and Al on the Movie Compatibility Test:

Hey, Al — want to go catch a flick?  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:04 pm 

Casting a quick raise dead on this thread for a question.  

I recently created a Facebook account at the request of a family member.  As is the nature of the site, one of my co-workers noticed I was on and sent me a friend invite.  Since then I have had a couple more co-workers added as friends.  Unfortunately, I feel that my profile now needs to be sterile.  Call it the Michael Phelps effect.  

So my question; does anyone have more than one profile?  One with businesslike information and another just for fun?  It would be nice to enjoy at least some of the time I put into this endeavor.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:12 pm 

I'm on there too. An easy way to catch up with my friends around the world without having to write much.

M

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:27 pm 

Avurax wrote:Casting a quick raise dead on this thread for a question.  

I recently created a Facebook account at the request of a family member.  As is the nature of the site, one of my co-workers noticed I was on and sent me a friend invite.  Since then I have had a couple more co-workers added as friends.  Unfortunately, I feel that my profile now needs to be sterile.  Call it the Michael Phelps effect.  

So my question; does anyone have more than one profile?  One with businesslike information and another just for fun?  It would be nice to enjoy at least some of the time I put into this endeavor.

The unfortunate facebook effect is when your friends tag you in a photo all of your other friends can see it.
Even if you have a sanitized page, you can find yourself under scrutiny through guilt by association if one of your friends post something questionable.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:The unfortunate facebook effect is when your friends tag you in a photo all of your other friends can see it.
Even if you have a sanitized page, you can find yourself under scrutiny through guilt by association if one of your friends post something questionable.

Don't put anything on the web you mind anyone else in the world seeing.  Ever. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:29 pm 

Mostly I use FB for personal/friends stuff, and LinkedIn for work stuff.  You can always accept the FB friend invite, and then later remove them if you don't have the heart to let them know you want to keep friends and work separate.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:20 am 

benjoshua wrote:
Don't put anything on the web you mind anyone else in the world seeing.  Ever. 8)

I believe that you can "un-tag" yourself, so you can make it go away.. although I haven't tried it...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:24 am 

that is true and you can make pictures that you upload yourself private, so only friends or certain people can see them, as I found recently after a rather heavy night out!!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:34 am 

I have only been on Facebook for a few months, but since I am basically a shut-in at the moment it comes in handy to stay in touch with friends and family.
It has also been handy in networking with a few other Call of Cthulhu authors.
Lately I have been cautiously exploring some of the Facebook functions to try to see where they raised their estimated 300 million in revenue last year.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:22 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:that is true and you can make pictures that you upload yourself private, so only friends or certain people can see them, as I found recently after a rather heavy night out!!

This is correct. You can create different lists to assign people to and everything you post you can assign to who can see it or not. I've got a work and personal friends lists. Nearly all pictures I post go to friends only.

Additionally, you can just ignore any request you don't want to have as a friend.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:32 pm 

On FB a couple weeks now: Jason M Cook, Hartford, CT network. Feel free to friend me.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
http://www.dungeonsdeepdesigns.com

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:33 pm 

I wanted to talk to the subject of Facebook and thought bringing this thread back up might be a good place to do it.

I think it would be good to have an Acaeum presence on Facebook as a closed/secret group. I would hate to say how much I used Facebook during the week but it has, for better or worse, evolved into a means of communicating conveniently with my friends close and far.

I'm not trying to move the focus from here to Facebook. I just think it would be handy to have a place associated with this board where I can interact with people from here that I've met face to face though a medium I already use.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 pm 

Boredflak wrote in Facebook:I think it would be good to have an Acaeum presence on Facebook as a closed/secret group.

Shhh!! Don't mention our closed/secret Facebook group on this public board! That's where we discuss our true purpose, which is to help the NSA spy on malcontents.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:59 pm 

Boredflak wrote in Facebook:I wanted to talk to the subject of Facebook and thought bringing this thread back up might be a good place to do it.

I think it would be good to have an Acaeum presence on Facebook as a closed/secret group. I would hate to say how much I used Facebook during the week but it has, for better or worse, evolved into a means of communicating conveniently with my friends close and far.

I'm not trying to move the focus from here to Facebook. I just think it would be handy to have a place associated with this board where I can interact with people from here that I've met face to face though a medium I already use.

I like this idea, too.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 am 

I created the super-secret Facebook group "Acaeum Collector's Group", so if you are an Acaeum member here who wants to join, jus post your FB name here or PM it to me...dont' know what super secret stuff we'll talk about there, but it's available!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:28 am 

Shhhh!  Its vewy, vewy secret!!

Cheers,
KAJ

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:56 am 

I thought nothing was secret on Facebook?
Or is that sacred? :)
--Ron--

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:05 pm 

Badmike wrote in Facebook:I created the super-secret Facebook group "Acaeum Collector's Group", so if you are an Acaeum member here who wants to join, jus post your FB name here or PM it to me...dont' know what super secret stuff we'll talk about there, but it's available!

Mike B.

The "secret" aspect is that no one can see posts who hasn't joined the group, and you cannot even see the group exists unless you are in it (talk about back-alley stuff here). I don't know if we'll figure out how to use it properly, but it's there if anyone needs it!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext