Gencon Indy - Trade Booth
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:41 pm 

lawrenson wrote:We cant take cheques in Dollars.

Can't you bring the cheques to a US bank while you are there and cash them? Instead of bringing them back to your bank in the UK?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:55 pm 

Mars wrote:
Can't you bring the cheques to a US bank while you are there and cash them? Instead of bringing them back to your bank in the UK?

Err.. dunno  :D   Nearly all cheques in the UK are printed automatically crossed, which means they MUST be paid into a bank account - is this the same in the USA?

Cheers,
Malcolm

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:14 pm 

Fortunately, there is always an ATM in the exhibit hall (and elsewhere) so if people don't have to write a check. Credit card is a bit different, but you said you could manage that. The real test is... can you take debit (my experience for big purchases with cash being for minor things, or, up to about $200,) which is rather popular in the US? They're like a credit card, but not exactly the same; most bear the logo of a major label, though, like Visa or MasterCard. You'll also want to be able to give change back, so if having (getting) dollars is a concern, you'll probably want to hit up a bank after coming over to do some exchanging, and then, likely, on the way back.

I wish I'd talked to those guys from Canada when they came in and did business... likely had similar concerns.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:28 pm 

Hi,

varies, depending on the Debit card (they are also popular in the UK).

Some are only valid in their country of issue tho, so we can't process them thru our UK account.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:34 pm 

lawrenson wrote:We cant take cheques in Dollars.

Please drop me an email at [email protected]

I might be able to set up something onsite for you to exchange checks (cheques) in US$ for cash, right away, for a slight fee.

Frank Mentzer

Previous