Laughable item descriptions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 62123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 606162
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:57 pm 

I love this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Module-S1-TOMB ... dZViewItem

The following quotes are all from his item description:

* S1 - TOMB OF HORRORS monochrome ; some highlighting

* The lot is in excellent condition (see item Rating System below).

Excellent = clearly not new, but still in great shape; no serious problems; no writing, highlighting, or stains; light corner/edge wear; may have price tag still affixed (good item for a typical user)

I've looked through several of his items and they are listed as in excellent condition and most list some or a lot of highlighting.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:30 pm 

Don't get me started about how wildly grading can swing. I've started relying solely on pictures to judge condition, it's always been the one thing about eBay I can't stand. The inability to hold it in my hand and flip through it. Make my own judgments on condition.

As long as none of my auctions pop up in this thread, I'm a happy seller. :)

Zen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:13 pm 

Busman wrote:I love this guy:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Excellent = clearly not new, but still in great shape; no serious problems; no writing, highlighting, or stains; light corner/edge wear; may have price tag still affixed (good item for a typical user)

I've looked through several of his items and they are listed as in excellent condition and most list some or a lot of highlighting.

I have bought from Guido quite often in the past and even though he doesnt always have the best descriptions and isnt the nitpickiest grader, he usually provides great pictures and his customer service is better than most sellers.  He is also a member of the forum.  Too bad he doesnt include the crazy stories with his auctions anymore.  We used to give him some shit over those a few years ago but they were an interesting read to say the least.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:19 pm 

Busman wrote:The following quotes are all from his item description:

Could be a cut-and-paste error. I've done it myself, trying to save time by re-using an old template but forgetting that something needed to be changed first.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:24 pm 

Zenfinite wrote:Don't get me started about how wildly grading can swing. I've started relying solely on pictures to judge condition, it's always been the one thing about eBay I can't stand. The inability to hold it in my hand and flip through it. Make my own judgments on condition.

As long as none of my auctions pop up in this thread, I'm a happy seller. :)

Zen

I got burned on this, this week. The picture was not the same as the item I received. They were of similar quality, though I would have rather had the one in the photo.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:25 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Could be a cut-and-paste error. I've done it myself, trying to save time by re-using an old template but forgetting that something needed to be changed first.

Ditto.

And as for crazy stories, we now have one that posts snippets of crazy things with their posts (damn I forgot who you are though..)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:28 pm 

The Fringe Dweller ... ?

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1431

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:40 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:The Fringe Dweller ... ?

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1431

Ah thank you, yeah that crazy nut :)

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:08 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I have bought from Guido quite often in the past and even though he doesnt always have the best descriptions and isnt the nitpickiest grader, he usually provides great pictures and his customer service is better than most sellers.  He is also a member of the forum.  Too bad he doesnt include the crazy stories with his auctions anymore.  We used to give him some shit over those a few years ago but they were an interesting read to say the least.  :D

I liked the stories too, in time!
Like a lot of other things on ebay, those days seem to be fading awa.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:42 pm 

Busman wrote:I love this guy:

Awwww, F!!!  :oops:   Not a cut and paste error, just a plain screw up.   Thanks for calling me on it.   I have been using the same rating system for so long . . . .    I think I noticed the highlighting after the initial grading and then forgot to change the grading.  

Busman - was it me that mixed up the items and did not send the one in the pic?   If so let me know bud, I will make it up to you somehow.

Sorry King, no stories any more.   Got too much flak for causing "search" problems and my daughter grew up.   The growing up part makes me saddest.   Maybe she will travel with me to Gen Con and we can share a few with ya.

Anyhow, if I ever mess up on someones eBay auction, let me know!!   I will fix it.

Let's git to killin'!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:47 am 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:
Awwww, F!!!  :oops:   Not a cut and paste error, just a plain screw up.   Thanks for calling me on it.   I have been using the same rating system for so long . . . .    I think I noticed the highlighting after the initial grading and then forgot to change the grading.  

Busman - was it me that mixed up the items and did not send the one in the pic?   If so let me know bud, I will make it up to you somehow.

Sorry King, no stories any more.   Got too much flak for causing "search" problems and my daughter grew up.   The growing up part makes me saddest.   Maybe she will travel with me to Gen Con and we can share a few with ya.

Anyhow, if I ever mess up on someones eBay auction, let me know!!   I will fix it.

No, it was another seller. And I even ended up giving them a positive rating. Like I said, the item I received was in similar condition, so it wasn't terrible.

And no worries about the item description, I actually got a chuckle out of it. It's so obviously is a cut and paste job that you have to laugh.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:21 pm 

Yup, bought from ya too. Recommended.
Cheers

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:02 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/players-manual-DUNG ... dZViewItem

Check out the picture of this guy's headquarters :lol:   Which car do you think he found this book under? :wink:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:12 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Check out the picture of this guy's headquarters :lol:   Which car do you think he found this book under? :wink:

I recall seeing that seller appearing in this forum in the past... :puker:

If you want to test your constitution... :puker:  click on the picture of his trailer. :puker:

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:20 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:
I recall seeing that seller appearing in this forum in the past... :puker:
If you want to test your constitution... :puker:  click on the picture of his trailer. :puker:

Why did I look at that? Cruel man, cruel.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:34 pm 

xraygord wrote:
Why did I look at that? Cruel man, cruel.

:lol: Think it is now an initiation process for posting Ebay links

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:06 pm 

I recall seeing that seller appearing in this forum in the past...  
If you want to test your constitution...   click on the picture of his trailer.

The puking emoticon sums it up pretty well.  God only knows where that book has been.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:22 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:
The puking emoticon sums it up pretty well.  God only knows where that book has been.

Don't ask him how he flattens stuff out...

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 62123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 606162