Unofficial Acaeum Online Live Chat
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 44123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 424344
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:55 pm 

Plaag wrote:4e (which RULES, I wish I had listened to Deimos) (LA sucks, I wish I had listened to Deimos) :wink:

I don't know how, I don't know when, but you will pay for that.   :P

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:59 pm 

Hi,

no, it didnt.

Drunk driver - will ring the police during the week to see if they got him.
They were taking DNA from the airbag.

Photos here, for those interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malcolmlawrenson/

He also just clipped our inner-path wall. Git.

Cheers,
Malc

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:10 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I don't know how, I don't know when, but you will pay for that.   :P

I do not fear the Lemur!

:lol:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:35 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

no, it didnt.

Cheers,
Malc

Thats pretty nuts right there.  8O  

Some people are really dumb too as it's not like you can get away with it, unless you stole the car in the first place. So now intead of just getting charged with DWI and likely reckless driving, you now also add leaving the scene of an accident to the rap sheet.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Thats pretty nuts right there.  8O  

Some people are really dumb too as it's not like you can get away with it, unless you stole the car in the first place. So now intead of just getting charged with DWI and likely reckless driving, you now also add leaving the scene of an accident to the rap sheet.

Most criminals get caught because of stupidity. I worked as a bouncer 20 years ago when I was going to college. One night this guy gets into a fight, runs out, gets into his car and hits a couple of parked cars on the way out. His girlfriend left her pocketbook behind. The guy comes back a half hour later with a different t-shirt on and a hat and asks for the purse (while the police are standing there taking statements). He parked his car right next to the police cruiser in the parking lot.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

no, it didnt.

Cheers,
Malc

Interesting pictures.

By running away, the driver could be arrested for leaving the scene...

But he also might be able to claim that he was not driving the car...

And he might also avoid a drunk driving arrest.

What I really want to know is....what is House of Atreides, what convention is that, what module are those pictures from and what is the deal with the Chivalry and Sorcery publication pictures?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:19 am 

Plaag wrote:
I do not fear the Lemur!

:lol:

ShaneG.

Isn't there a song with that line?

Don't fear the Lemur!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Interesting pictures.

By running away, the driver could be arrested for leaving the scene...

But he also might be able to claim that he was not driving the car...

And he might also avoid a drunk driving arrest.

What I really want to know is....what is House of Atreides, what convention is that, what module are those pictures from and what is the deal with the Chivalry and Sorcery publication pictures?

Hi, that is what we thought, and exactly what the policeman said when he took our statements. Driving drunk, having an accident, then reporting the car stolen is not that uncommon here. However, if they can get DNA off the airbag, then he is screwed.

House of Atreides is my games company. Now shortened to just House Atreides when the missus realised that Frank herberts estate couldnt ask us to "cease and desist".

gc11 is an old UK Gencon when it was at London Olympia. Thats my mate Mark, who will be coming to Indy, in the picture. St1 on shelf.

dragonmeet_2006 and dm06_1824 are both at Dragonmeet, London, in 2006. Missus in 1st pic, me in 2nd.

P1010463 is at Spiel, Essen, Germany, about 2 years ago, I think. thats me lurking round the front of the stall.

The C&S things are some weird books I have - do you have any idea what they are please? I've been trying to identify them for ages.

Cheers,
Malc

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:36 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Isn't there a song with that line?

Don't fear the Lemur!

Yes, but it needs a little more cowbell.  

Tonight's special guest will be none other than the legendary (though not Lejendary) BadMike himself!  Don't miss this opportunity to meet a fine Acaeumite and eBayer!

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Yes, but it needs a little more cowbell.  

Tonight's special guest will be none other than the legendary (though not Lejendary) BadMike himself!  Don't miss this opportunity to meet a fine Acaeumite and eBayer!

I'm there every Friday....what's so special about this week?   Oh, wait, maybe I get to choose the discussion topics!  Awright!  Here we go:

The Death of Lejendary Adventures? Discuss.
My Prostrate Exam today: Necessary Evil or Cheap Entertainment?
Harassing Shady Dealers:  A go-to guide
Gencon pre-season: Have you got your characters ready for Frank's game? (Whoops!)
Sold my R1-4 on Ebay.....whatcha' think?  Now what am I bringing to Gencon? Can I make my money back on Pokemon cards?
What do you think about (FILL IN COMIC BOOK CHARACTER YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT)'s latest issue?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:16 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'm there every Friday....what's so special about this week?   Oh, wait, maybe I get to choose the discussion topics!

I just really like the special guest concept.  And yes, I'm too lazy to come up with the topics.  :D

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:22 am 

Tonight's Discussion topics, in no particular order:

• Where is Deimos, anyway?  (Dinner with the in-laws must have run late.)
  • Has anyone seen the newest D.R.A.G.O.N. draft?  The preview of his new RPG sounds really cool, and I hear it's up to version 0.2!
  • Who are all these guys mumbling about Lejendary adventure in the other room?
  • Hey, is Deimos ever going to get that LA demo going?
  • Ghost Tower of Inverness -- why we should all cancel our bids and let the Lemur get it cheap
  • Why do we have Special Guests, and what's so special about them
  • Gleemax -- stupid idea, but cool squishy foam brains.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:08 am 

For those that aren't aware, last week's chat spontaneously broke out into a Lejendary Adventure game, after I received one too many barbs about not doing the demo I promised. :D

PaulKM, JohnGaunt, lucyjoyce and Avurax eagerly set foot on The Lejendary Road.  An ISP disruption on my part halted the game early, but a good time was had by all.  We plan on continuing the adventure this Friday.  

Quiet observers are welcome to watch, and we'll be taking it to a new room "Leaping Lemurs", so as not to interfere with the main chat. (I've taken to giving the campaign the nickname "Leaping Lemurs" as a nod to these excellent roleplayers' eagerness to leap into the action.)

Though I'm sure most of you will be at Gencon, anyway...

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:23 am 

As I recall, we weren't so much leaping as being attacked and pulled into the air against our will!

Very fun - looking forward to learning more about who I am morphing into.  And thanks!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:As I recall, we weren't so much leaping as being attacked and pulled into the air against our will!

Some people experienced that . . . others were (lucky) enough to not get attacked.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 pm 

A number of people have contacted me because they were unable to login to the chat.  A minor upgrade went bad last week and it seems a few accounts vanished.  If this happens to you, simply re-register and you should be fine.

(Though the chat was filled with dejected non-GenCon attendees, our intrepid band of Leaping Lemurs continued onwards in their brave quest..)

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:16 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:A number of people have contacted me because they were unable to login to the chat.  A minor upgrade went bad last week and it seems a few accounts vanished.  If this happens to you, simply re-register and you should be fine.

(Though the chat was filled with dejected non-GenCon attendees, our intrepid band of Leaping Lemurs continued onwards in their brave quest..)

As of now, NEW usernames must be eight characters or less.  My old account got nuked, so I had to create a new one.

I am now grimjack, since my old account was nine characters.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:25 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:As of now, NEW usernames must be eight characters or less.  My old account got nuked, so I had to create a new one.

I am now grimjack, since my old account was nine characters.

Wow, the chat admin's one strict bastard.  (I've changed it to sixteen.)

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 44123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 424344