Unofficial Acaeum Online Live Chat
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:46 am 

Sorry guys - bit late for me this time.  Perhaps some other time.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:38 pm 

Note for Skype users.
According to the SANS organization there is currently a worm attacking skype users.

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3363

It contains code to turn off several security applications, and alters the hosts file to disable the downloading of updates.

You may wish to familiarize yourself with the article if you are using Skype for online gaming.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:39 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:According to the SANS organization there is currently a worm attacking skype users.

Note that the worm may only be damaged by magical weapons or spells, and saves as a lvl 6 cleric. Choose your tactics wisely.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:51 pm 

:D I was wondering if anybody would read it that way...

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:55 pm 

Thanks Jason!  Fortunately, no Skype worm yet; however, BadMike did send 5 giant centipedes to attack our party last night.  :wink:

For those who haven't tried Skype (or heard of it), it is a great little tool and allows you to talk to other Skype users for free.  We have been using the conference call feature (up to 9 simultaneous users) in BadMike's online campaign for two or three sessions now and it adds an entirely new dimension to the game over the previous, chat-only sessions.  For those who might be considering starting up their own online campaign, Skype certainly livens things up!  You should hear BadMike's Halfling thief talking trash during the game; that in and of itself is quite an event!  :lol:

If you want to give it a try and don't know anyone to call, you are more than welcome to give me a ring (Skype user:  smarmy1).  I have Skype enabled most nights and am usually available until about 10 or so.

Once again Jason, thanks for the heads up!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:54 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:Thanks Jason!  Fortunately, no Skype worm yet; however, BadMike did send 5 giant centipedes to attack our party last night.  :wink:

For those who haven't tried Skype (or heard of it), it is a great little tool and allows you to talk to other Skype users for free.  We have been using the conference call feature (up to 9 simultaneous users) in BadMike's online campaign for two or three sessions now and it adds an entirely new dimension to the game over the previous, chat-only sessions.  For those who might be considering starting up their own online campaign, Skype certainly livens things up!  You should hear BadMike's Halfling thief talking trash during the game; that in and of itself is quite an event!  :lol:

If you want to give it a try and don't know anyone to call, you are more than welcome to give me a ring (Skype user:  smarmy1).  I have Skype enabled most nights and am usually available until about 10 or so.

Once again Jason, thanks for the heads up!

Is Skype dual platform or just PC?

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:12 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:Is Skype dual platform or just PC?

According to their website, Skype supports Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.  I'm running Windows and am not having any issues so far.... knock on a 1st print Woodie.

The link below is to the Skype knowledgebase and has system requirements for the various operating systems about 1/4 of the way down the page.  
http://support.skype.com/?_a=knowledgebase

Hope this helps.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:38 pm 

It's Friday night...it's 730 pm central time..I'm in the chat...it's empty!!!

Has it been forgotten so quickly?  Is everyone watching high school football games?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:12 pm 

I work until 9 EST on Fridays, and I'm usually scheduled to head to Rochester (about 2 hours away) as well, so I don't tend to have time to talk... same thing, almost, for the regular nights, too (work till 9 PM EST) so I tend to just sleep after working. Its a rare day I go into chat.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:04 am 

Badmike wrote:It's Friday night...it's 730 pm central time..I'm in the chat...it's empty!!!

Has it been forgotten so quickly?  Is everyone watching high school football games?

Mike B.

hey matey - sorry i didnt make it to the chat last night. long week and i was absolutely shattered.

sorry :(

will try and find my way there saturday night if i can - its pretty damn late here when you guys are on that chat, so makes things tough over this side.

not to mind :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:07 am 

Badmike wrote:It's Friday night...it's 730 pm central time..I'm in the chat...it's empty!!!

Mike B.

Afraid I was tucked up in bed, dreaming of finding a complete 1st print mono module set for $5 BIN...

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:09 am 

serleran wrote:I work until 9 EST on Fridays, and I'm usually scheduled to head to Rochester (about 2 hours away) as well, so I don't tend to have time to talk... same thing, almost, for the regular nights, too (work till 9 PM EST) so I tend to just sleep after working. Its a rare day I go into chat.

Please do tell me if you work that late, that you start late too  8O

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:19 am 

Terribly sorry I missed last night as well.  Although we've got a pretty solid team of regulars now, it would be nice to see some new faces as well.  

So for those that haven't ventured forth, the URL is at the top of the thread.  It's open anytime; but people tend to congregate on Friday nights.  Sometimes Saturdays as well.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:17 am 

Since The Acaeum was down for a bit last night the chat started a bit later than usual (around 9 CST I think) but it quickly turned around and for about an hour we had 12 in the chatroom which I think matches the amount for the most people in the chat at once.  Lots of fun.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:08 pm 

Howdy
 So, do you guys regularly convene on the chat on Friday nights ? If that is the case, I'll be sure to check it out. Last time I was there (quite sometime ago) I had a great time.

" I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!  My life is my own"- The Prisoner

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:33 pm 

Rhone Ethenkhar wrote:Howdy
 So, do you guys regularly convene on the chat on Friday nights ? If that is the case, I'll be sure to check it out. Last time I was there (quite sometime ago) I had a great time.

Every Friday night starting 8 PM (or earlier?) EST...and running into the wee hours.  Often on Saturdays as well.

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Every Friday night starting 8 PM (or earlier?) EST...and running into the wee hours.  Often on Saturdays as well.

Fantastic! I can chat on here (or there, however one wants to view things) go  out for some beer, come back and chat some more. Superb!

" I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!  My life is my own"- The Prisoner

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm 

Moderators:  I've added a few abilities to your standard repetoire.  Let me know if I broke anything, or if I missed anyone.

For one, you can see invisible and become invisible.  You can probably also kick each other outta the chat.

Hope to see y'all soon.

YIM  
PreviousNext