Questions on DL9 and DL12
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:03 pm 

I am writing expanded descriptions of the DL series of modules and have almost finished - the problem is two of my modules (DL9 and DL12) are mint in shrink and I am loathe to open them. Can someone answer the following questions so I can finish this lot.

For DL9 Dragons of Deceit:
- How many play chapters are there?
- Are there any unnumbered pages in the centre?
- What are the counters for?

For DL12 Dragons of Faith
- How many play chapters are there?
- Are there any unnumbered pages in the centre?
- What is the size of the fold out map (21"x33"?)?
- What are the cards and counters used for?

This and any other general info would be great. I can then send expanded descriptions for DL1 to 16 through to Foul. Thanks.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:40 pm 

I hope this is what you want...

DL9:          Play chapters -- 5 in all from chapter 13 to 17.

Unnumbered pages in center -- The following pages are unnumbered:  pp. 4, 18-23, 27-31, 33, 37, 45.  The pullout "Silvart Folio" in the center begins on unnumbered page 23 but 24-26 are numbered.

Counters -- "The countersheet included in "Dragons of Deceit" contains cardboard counters representing the dragons that meet in the module's final engagement -- an aerial battle over the evil Temple of Luerkhisis.  These counters can be used with the BATTLESYSTEM rules or employed simply to clarify the positions of the characters and their mounts during what should be a rather fast-moving and wild battle in a three-dimensional battlefield."

Hope that helps.

I will try to dig out my D12 now...

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:13 pm 

DL12:  Play chapters -- 7 in all from chapter 5 to 11.

Unnumbered pages in center -- Pages 31 -- 34 are unnumbered and consist of character cards one can cut out.

Fold out map -- 21" x 32 ΒΌ" (according to my trusty metal tape measure)

Counters and cards -- The module booklet is within a double cover. The inner cover consists of TALIS cards one can cut out.  "These cards are common to the world of Kyrnn and are used for games of skill and chance.  Rules for three games have been included.  The cards are used in this adventure to predict the future of the PCs' adventure and to set their goals for them."  Counters are to play with BATTLESYSTEM rules, I think. There is a big battle in Chapter 9 that explains their set-up.

Not sure if this is what you needed... let me know if I can help further.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:21 pm 

Thanks lucyjoyce, that is perfect!

Some modules have maps or information pages that are not included in the total booklet page tally - so for example some modules may have additional pages say between p31 and p32 that are designed to be pulled out. Sometimes these pull-out sections are included in the total number of booklet pages, sometimes they are not. If unnumbered, when a module is used, a Collector may not notice the pages are missing.

Instead of unnumbered pages, perhaps give me the 1/ total number of pages in the booklet (i guess it is 45 or 46pp) and 2/ those pages which are designed to be detached (i.e. I gather pages 23-26 form the Silvart folio which are designed to be detached in DL9).

Does this make sense?

Thanks very much for helping me with this!

(edit) .... I posted this before seeing your second post. Yes that is all pretty clear now....... I can deduce from your info that all pages are included in the total number of booklet pages but bot have some central sections designed to be pulled out.   Many thanks, I will finalise my descriptions and send them through to Foul.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:32 pm 

Yes, I think I understand.  In DL9, there are 48 pages including the 4-page Silvart pull-out. All pages are included in the count (whether numbered or not). Pp 23-26 designed to be detached.  In DL12, there are 64 pages total.  All pages are included in the count.  Pp 31-34 and the top half of p 35/36 are designed to be pulled out and cut into cards.

In either of these modules a Collector would definitely know pages were missing, as no numbers have been skipped.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:45 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Many thanks, I will finalise my descriptions and send them through to Foul.

Sounds like you are doing a great job with the DL series compiling the information a novice collector like myself can use to evaluate an item to see if it is "complete" or not.  Unfortunately, most of the modules I own are not in shrink so I have yet to do a comprehensive survey, probably because I'm afraid of what I might find or not find as the case may be.  8O

Are you simply sending the copy to Foul or have you created actual pages for posting?  I would certainly be interested in helping out with this project and am curious as to the format you are using.  Personally, I would love to see The Acaeum develop something akin to the site: http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd1index.htm but incorporating the detailed information you are compiling as well.   I look forward to seeing what you have written especially if you have a sneak preview available.  :wink: