Values for Hollow World Campaign Setting and Modules
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:23 pm 

Does anyone know an approximate value of the Hollow World campaign material? I sold two of the modules - HWA3 and HWA3 - almost immediately after I listed them for $14.95 each.

So...that being the case, I can only assume they were priced VERY low, or on the other end of the spectrum, no one has bothered listing them in a very long time.

Can anyone help out on this one? I read through the module I just got, and thought it wasn't very good, thus I plan to get it out on the market very soon.

Thanks in advance!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:25 pm 

I hope whoever bought them was properly lubricated. You made a killing. They are low value, at best.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:31 pm 

I just wanted to check...I had no idea that "Hollow World" even existed until they popped up in a lot I picked up. I'm counting my luck that I actually made a good dollar on them (sigh of relief!). I figured I'd give HWA1 a read now that HW popped up again, and....

Boy are those some BAD modules.....  8O

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:46 pm 

Yes, $15 each is a killing.  With these, I think finding them out of shrink is probably rare (and maybe an indication of quality) but anything over $5 is good.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:13 pm 

Shrinked versions of modules typically sell for $5-$10.. usually closer to $5. Shrinked boxed sets can go for about $20 or more.

Unshrinked stuff usually goes for half those amounts. The guy who bought your probably needed to play that weekend or something.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:53 pm 

Bad doesn't even describe them. My cats would piss on ME if I lined their litterbox with them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:02 pm 

NICE!  :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:32 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Bad doesn't even describe them. My cats would piss on ME if I lined their litterbox with them.

Sez you buddy. Those modules are solid silver if not classic gold. Epic story, high adventure, interesting encounters, diverse settings outside the medieval European flavor, little railroading, and modular enough to break up and fit parts into your own campaign.

They didn't make my top 30 list because they do have flaws but they don't poop either and that is more than I can say for your cats.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:05 am 

Actually, I have all of them and I've never read a single one.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:52 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Actually, I have all of them and I've never read a single one.

same here, with the exception I thumbed the one I have that isn't in SW, nothing caught my eye that was interesting.

The kids will end up opening them I'm sure...then leave them on their floor/stuffed in a draw/etc. like they do with all the other D&D stuff I give em.......

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:31 am 

If anyone wants shrinked versions of those mods check Ebay.  Cheap cheap cheap :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:16 pm 

Okay I'm going to have to defend these lovely buggers. :)
I swear I ran the 1st one as is, though not to certain about any of the others. So it had merit if I can't recall any bad things coming from that (course can't recall any memorable moments either.)
Hollow World is a great place, though I wish I had the chance to create a campaign there. Also played the video game set there on the (Super) Nintendo :D (What was that called..eh don't have time to Google). Just never could care much for the Blackmoorian elves - like they just had to include that bit to make Blackmoor more Mystara or something, it just didn't fit.
If you love the Known World maps and style, Hollow World doesn't become to alien in that regard.
Hint for the video game: If you want to level up quickly a red dragon can be stopped by the web spell and will reappear again after you leave the cave and come back ;)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own