Seller dayecon threating legal action against The Acaeum
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:21 pm 

The e-mail sent to Foul makes it obvious to anyone with an IQ above 50 that he is lying. The first thing a lawyer will tell you when you file a lawsuit is to shut the fuck up and say NOTHING to the other party. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Cougar. Zero.
Any noob can write up a fake e-mail like his, and millions do. This thread should really be locked...............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:25 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Hmmm ... this is really weird. Some guy appears to be attempting to jack up DAYECON'S â„¢ current bids. What a strange coincidence.

+++++

Oh, man, I crack myself up. No, really, I slay me.

I'd join you, but I might accidentally win some of that crap. Can magic cards be used as toilet paper?  Seems the edges would....OUCH.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:25 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Did he already pull his auctions?  I can't find any under his seller ID.

No, not his listings. This random person (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) is attempting to jack up some bids that he's placed on other sellers' stuff.

DAYECON â„¢ has no current listings. I really think that's part of his whole deal ... he's got a box full of D&D items and he doesn't want to be listed on the Shady Dealers thread. I'm almost totally convinced that that is what this entire episode is about.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:27 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:No, not his listings. This random person (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) is attempting to jack up some bids that he's placed on other sellers' stuff.

DAYECON â„¢ has no current listings. I really think that's part of his whole deal ... he's got a box full of D&D items and he doesn't want to be listed on the Shady Dealers thread. I'm almost totally convinced that that is what this entire episode is about.

Ahh...I see.  Read that wrong....dyslexia must be acting up again.  :)

BTW Xax, that avatar is hilarious!  :lol:

Last edited by Kingofpain89 on Wed May 09, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:28 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Did he already pull his auctions?  I can't find any under his seller ID.

Dayecock didn't have any auctions going; however he's bidding on a few things, mostly magic cards and strap ons.  BC's theory is that he's about to once again offer the same group of modules that keep getting "lost" in the mail and thus is trying to clear his plate by shutting down our "Shady Dealers" thread.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:34 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'd join you, but I might accidentally win some of that crap.

Right, that's always the big worry when these vigilante-types take it upon themselves to mess with other people's bids.

I mean, what the hell would I do — wait! I mean, what the hell would that other guy do — with 4,000 Magic cards?  :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:02 pm 

Contrarian wrote:You can't block a seller, actually, but I wish you could.

Nonsense.  Just add "-VGC -titanium" to your search.  :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:33 pm 

You know it still utterly amazes me the new and inventive ways people keep thinking up to prove to everyone that they are total and complete asshats.

Seriously, where the hell do these people come from and what goes on in their tiny brains that makes them think pulling this sh*t is somehow a good idea?  I just don't get it. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:54 pm 

Seriously, where the hell do these people come from and what goes on in their tiny brains that makes them think pulling this sh*t is somehow a good idea?  I just don't get it.

Hell look at for the entertainment factor BC. With out the likes of Dayecock and Cougartard think how boring life really would be.  :twisted:

Maraudar

Every cat should have an AK-47.. How else will we defeat the evil hordes of mice?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:28 pm 

Maybe we can sue him for being a nob :lol:

Dayecon or cock whatever you are, get a life :evil:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:37 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Our ridiculously flawed legal system allows morons like this to sue their neighbors for thousands of dollars because of retarded reasons like their dog pooped in their yard and the neighbor didnt clean it up.

Just from the top of my pointy li'l head; wouldn't a lot of your problems go away if the punitive damage was paid to the state, instead of being split up by the lawyer and the plaintiff? If the plaintiff were only awarded compensation for the actual damage, and then had to pay some ungodly percentage to the lawyer, maybe the incentive for crazy-ass lawsuites would go away.

just pondering -- MW

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:21 pm 

One word: SLAPP.

SLAPP lawsuits are illegal, and this is a blatant one.  Which means Dayecon is an idiot, especially if Dayecon believes that people will cave in under the least pressure simply because Dayecon believes he is right.

Oh wow, look at that!  Dayecon used three times in this post.  Wait!  Now it's four times.  *gasp*  I'm so f***ing scared here...NOT!

Dayecon (5th time), you're dismissed.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:24 pm 

Traveller wrote:Oh wow, look at that!  Dayecon used three times in this post.  Wait!  Now it's four times.  *gasp*  I'm so f***ing scared here...NOT!

It's like the Knights Who Say Ni routine: "Oh, no, I've done it again!"  :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:28 pm 

'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!'

(gratuitous Monty Python quote!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:40 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:It's like the Knights Who Say Ni routine: "Oh, no, I've done it again!"  :)

<King Arthur>Not ANOTHER shrubbery!</King Arthur>

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 pm 

Thanks for the laugh guys.

Brute

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:56 pm 

sorry, can't help myself....

'he wanks very highly in Wome.'

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:06 pm 

The Acaeum is still here this morning! Thank the gods! I thought for sure that DAYECONDAYECONDAYECONDAYECON's â„¢ lawsuit would have shut us down by now.

And, yes, you should picture lots of little rolly-eyes icons right about here. What a tool.

PreviousNext