Question about B10 and Die-Cut Counters
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:21 pm 

On both the Acaeum and the other D&D site I've been browsing, http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd/dd-b10.htm, the B10 module, Night's Dark Terror, is listed as having 120 die-cut counters.  The copy I purchased recently arrived today and being the anal soul I am, I checked the module thoroughly and even counted the unpunched counters. All the items are in great condition; however, on the sheet included with the module, there are 124 counters not 120.  :!:  :?:  :!:  I've counted three times now and there are precisely 124.  As I am completely unfamiliar with this item, I was wondering if someone would double-check with their own copy to see if I am losing my mind.  I spot checked the name on the first counter, 'Pyotr,' and it is listed in the module so I would assume these counters belong with the module, but I cannot be sure.  If it helps I have counted the following on the sheet:
    72 small counters (.5"X.5")
    32 medium counters (.75"X.75")
    20 large counters (1.5"X.75')
 Any help in identifying if I have the correct sheet would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance and please let me know if you would like the counter descriptions listed as well.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:43 pm 

You have the right sheet.  There are 124 counters - the 120 is a misprint.  I, also, counted them long ago and realized the info on the back cover is wrong.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:18 pm 

Thanks for the prompt reply.  In my fit of nervousness and panic, I did not even think to check the back cover which does indeed mention the 120 counters.   :oops:  If I had, I would certainly be convinced that I did not have the right sheet.  Thanks again for the information; I will sleep easy tonight knowing my B10 is complete.  :D

I know this was mentioned in a recent thread, but having a comprehensive checklist of module contents such as maps, counters, covers, pullouts, reference sheets, page counts, etc. would be a great addition to the site.  For those of us coming back to the D&D fold after so many years, this would be an invaluable reference in evaluating our own collections for completeness helping to account for the bits and pieces which might have slipped away.  (BITD, I never removed a single item from my modules; however, my fellow adventurers removed anything with a perforation from their own modules.  It makes one shudder. :cry: )   Anyway, if there is a formal effort underway to produce such a listing for this site, please let me know and I will be happy to contribute.