Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 104123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:45 am 

I think Doug wants to make sure that this dubious product doesn't  end up "in the system" again, thus devaluing the averages of the product in the long-run. I understand this.

However. I think as long as it ends up in the hands of our community it won't continue to make the rounds as a "collectible grade" item.

Some of us are crazy enough to try to refurbish/restore and others just want it for reference.

So yeah, Doug. please consider passing your rejects onto the group for further evaluation ;)

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:31 pm 

Just got a CSIO 3.5 version and the assho;e send it loose in a bubble mailer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Stupid idiot, $69.00 for a book and he can't through it in a box 8O

Anyway he will be negged shorlty if he doesn't make it right real quick

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:08 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just got a CSIO 3.5 version and the assho;e send it loose in a bubble mailer

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Stupid idiot, $69.00 for a book and he can't through it in a box 8O

Anyway he will be negged shorlty if he doesn't make it right real quick

The last two orders I have gotten through ebay have been loose in bubble mailers with no backing and no poly bag protection..... 8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:15 am 

Anyone here know these people?

paigeroofeiim31

I have no response to five emails and requests for combined shipping.  I bought 30+ items in twelve different buy it now groups and get absolutely no response.  The shipping calculation is just short of $150... which works out to $120-$130 more than parcel post or media rate shipping for the package.  The charges are a clear violation of ebay's excess handling fees policy and I am starting to think they are simply trying to game ebay out of final value fees and are refusing to answer my questions on purpose.

This is because, after I bought the items, someone left three neutrals that they refused to combine shipping and several feedback indicate they don't communicate.  

My last email pointed out that I was not getting responses, and was not intending to pay $120 handling fee for a box of books.

At what point do you all think I should I give up, drop negs so other buyers are aware of the game and walk away from this?

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:43 am 

Anyone have any problems with "prudeboy69."  I won this auction for a nice piece of interior artwork.

During the auction his response to my questions was fantastic now that the auction is over he has not anwsered any email I've sent.  It's only been 2.5 weeks but in all my purchases from ebay I've rarely waited this long for the package to arrive or the buyer sends me an email when he has shipped so I know when to expect it.

He has several negs listing "he never sent me my item" type  of complaints and I'm worried someone made him an offer for the artwork after the auction closed.

I will wait a little while longer but I won't wail long before starting the refund process.  Would like your opinions on my next coarse of action.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:44 am 

I am glad I didn't bid on that if he isn't going to ship.  It does make you wonder if they don't ship when they don't like the price.  He may have just thought it should bring a whole lot more money and be dodging the sale, who knows.

But, I have another frustrating issue now.

I just got a package today from donnabrasil who overcharged shipping by $11-16.   Then, misused a flat rate envelope and sent it media rate.... so it arrived postage due.  And, to top it off, I bought  Dungeon 2-7 and a rare gazetteer for $5 each.  She had set up an auction with over 100 items with $5 buy it now take choice.

I had asked for combined shipping, since I bought the magazines and then saw the gazetteer a couple of minutes later and bought it separately.  She responded immediately to my email with a $10 discount, which I presumed was the shipping discount and paid immediately.   When 5 of the 7 items I bought arrived it turns out the woman had actually had buried a note in fine print on the invoice that she thought her husband HIDDEN #3 and the Gazetteer so she couldn't ship them.  So at the very best, her husband hid two items... and she adjusted the invoice for their price but decided it was ok to charge for shipping on the GAZ that she did not ship.  Then... the misuse of a flat rate leaves me paying even more postage.

I know already that there will be people saying I should thank her for shipping Dungeon 2, 4-7 for what turns out to be $51.  Yet, she priced her own merchandise, overcharged my by $11-16.  Sent the stuff postage due and fraudulantly....  and confessed that her husband interfered with the contract/listing that she wrote and accepted payment for.  

Of course... I have to wonder if someone managed to make an offer on #2 and the Gazetteer!

I think the holidays attract amateur sellers who get upset when they realize they don't know how to price things or don't get what they think they should at auction.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 am 

I would neg them now...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:03 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I just got a package today from donnabrasil who overcharged shipping by $11-16.

Can't say I'm very surprised by this.  I mentioned her in the Shady Dealers thread a bit earlier.  Surprised she only overcharged you by $11-16.  She was overcharging $100+ on shipping before, so you got lucky.  Has she threatened you with lawsuits of harassment yet?

There is a reason why sellers like donnabrasil and prudeboy69 have an Ebay rating of 96% on Ebay with 4s for their DSRs.  For donnabrasil 7 of the last 25 transactions as a seller are negative, for prudeboy69 2 of the last 25.  With these kinds of numbers you shouldn't be expecting a smooth transition.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:23 pm 

As soon as you paid for these items, you should have started a Paypal dispute that they hadn't arrived yet to get the ball rolling.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:23 pm 

I will start the process next Monday.  As the seller did not state which method of shipping he was using.  If using media mail then we are now still within a reasonable time frame for delivery.  However, the item I won is a very nice interior piece of art and I'm sure the seller was dissappointed with the winning bid.  It looks like he has a habit of doing this.  I did not think 2 negs in the last 25 was to terrible.  I may have to revise my standards.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:33 pm 

Prufrock wrote:I will start the process next Monday.  As the seller did not state which method of shipping he was using.  If using media mail then we are now still within a reasonable time frame for delivery.  However, the item I won is a very nice interior piece of art and I'm sure the seller was dissappointed with the winning bid.  It looks like he has a habit of doing this.  I did not think 2 negs in the last 25 was to terrible.  I may have to revise my standards.

Martin

I don't think a piece of art should be sent Media Mail... I think it also exceeds the value declarable for insurance.

This seller is a creep. You should have gotten responses and the item already.

Start the process now.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:41 pm 

Prufrock wrote:I did not think 2 negs in the last 25 was to terrible.  I may have to revise my standards.

I think in general his habit looks like it takes him a long time to get it shipped out.  Most of his art seems to have gone out but with a rating of 4 for a DSR on shipping time you should be expecting long delays.  Personally, I think if you wait you will still get it but it may take another month.

2 negatives in the last 25 (from different buyers) is pretty bad in my book.  Everyone is going to have a problem once in a while so 1 negative happens every now and then.  2 shows that it happens more than once in a while - looks like he is up to 3 in last 25 now.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:07 am 

Mars,

I hope you are correct and that I will get the piece of art.

I started the "Dispute" process this morning.  

Martin

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:11 pm 

Howdy,

I just won three auctions from a Seller in Australia. A TSR normal sized boxed set, a digest sized booklet and a thin magazine. The Seller instead of sending me a combined invoice has sent three invoices for $10 each so is trying to charge me $30.

If he comes back to me unreasonably, are there Ebay rules I can quote him.

He has 100% feedback of 250 odd, but when I checked he has 0 feedback as a Seller - didn't think to check this before the auction.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:15 pm 

I don't think there is a rule that shipping charges must be combined.  But then the shipment can't be combined either - that is, he has to send three boxes.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:19 pm 

In most countries a reasonable expectation of a contract defaults to the person who DID NOT write the contract.  Ie... if it is reasonable to expect combined shipping (and most business is conducted that way), they can be forced to provide it or you certainly don't have to complete the transaction.  I think they have effectively defaulted on the contract and offered a new one to you with different terms.

Just an opinion... of course... since I just scramble to understand these issues as they become relevant.

But... ebay policy is only your starting place when people start behaving unreasonably, etc.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:26 am 

Unfortunately, if all 3 are sent separately its a moral question, rather than a legal, ebay one.
Hopefully a revised one will come through though. Personally, I always get a combined price from a seller before bidding as its in writing then.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 am 

Yes. I'll see how he replies to my next email. It is so rare that this happens. Buyers universally hate being ripped off on postage ... so a Seller can almost guarantee poor feedback by trying to profit on postage.

Actually Ebay Australia has a regulation that the most a Seller can charge for posting a book is $8.30, so the most he can charge according to his agreement with Ebay is $26.60 (the $10 quoted on the set and two lots of $8.30). I have never struck an Aussie Seller that has overcharged on shipping like this, which is why I basically assume a Seller will combine.

Update,

Seller sent no message just sent sent the three invoices with $10 x 3 postage again. I have sent back an email asking him whether he's having trouble combining or whether he is insisting on charging $30.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 104123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 102103104