Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 104123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 102103104
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:03 am 

Badmike wrote:Now I feel like an asshat for going all rambo on him....

Mike B.

I guarantee he'll be more careful next time. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:07 am 

I'm not sure if this is a shady buyer or not, but the question (about my CZ:UW) certainly rang alarmbells.

"do u have a pdf scan version of this?
if so how much please
thanks
"

Selling scanned PDFs is illegal, isn't it? I'm certainly not going to take to part in such activities!  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 am 

Yep. That would be illegal.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:00 am 

Maybe be worth outing the buyer so others are aware here, just in case this is habitual or they have a list of items themselves for sale as pdfs?  :?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:04 am 

astenon wrote:I'm not sure if this is a shady buyer or not, but the question (about my CZ:UW) certainly rang alarmbells.

"do u have a pdf scan version of this?
if so how much please
thanks
"

Selling scanned PDFs is illegal, isn't it? I'm certainly not going to take to part in such activities!  8O

I have heard of this (PDF of CZ:UW) before though. I guess someone(s) scanned a copy of it and they were giving it away to people that could actually confirm they own the set. This was so people that own it could still use it without taking a chance of splitting books, bad spines, etc.

You scanning it (or portions of it) in for your own use is one thing, but someone else giving you a scanned copy...as far as I know, its still illegal but I'm not a copyright lawyer.

As with all my posts...just my 2 cents.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Maybe be worth outing the buyer so others are aware here, just in case this is habitual or they have a list of items themselves for sale as pdfs?  :?

The username in question is muslimmedia
He seems to have a number of MP3s for sale.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:43 pm 

GreyM wrote:I have heard of this (PDF of CZ:UW) before though. I guess someone(s) scanned a copy of it and they were giving it away to people that could actually confirm they own the set. This was so people that own it could still use it without taking a chance of splitting books, bad spines, etc.

You scanning it (or portions of it) in for your own use is one thing, but someone else giving you a scanned copy...as far as I know, its still illegal but I'm not a copyright lawyer.

As with all my posts...just my 2 cents.

That was me. I have Yggsburgh and CZ:UW in PDF. They have never left my possession. Now if Trigee contacted me and asked for a copy, that would be something I would be willing to provide, but other than that, I'm not willing to test copyright law on this.

Morally I'd have a problem with a company looking at generating a criminal income under the name 'muslimmedia'.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:33 pm 

Lah-di-da.

I sent a reply saying "No I don't", and he's replied:
"would you be willing to scan it? i am willing to pay a reasonable price
thanks
"

:roll:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:08 pm 

Hmm, all very shady indeed! Either the guy then sells each pdf for a lot of cash or just  uploads it for everyone... I suspect the former, don't you?

Shame you can't report the guy through ebay for trying to illicit illegal goods...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:26 pm 

TBH, assuming it takes you only 4 hours to scan it (it took me about 16 to get a press quality PDF) and you charge yourself out at a measly £25 per hour, that's still £100.

If you have copies of the messages, that would be enough to demonstrate soliciting to break the law, but it would be completely assinine to try to ever take it anywhere or get anyone to take it seriously. You could however make a complaint about the guy to eBay for trying to get you to break the law.

Personally, I'd just send a polite reply saying 'Dear Mr Muslim, I am not interested in breaking the law for you, or supporting your criminal activities. So please go fuck yourself.'

Don't forget to add him to your blocked bidder list.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:09 pm 

Strangely, that second message has disappeared from my ebay inbox. Maybe the individual is reading these boards!?
In any case, I've blocked the guy now!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:51 pm 

Didn't think you could delete an eBay message after you'd sent it. You sure the second message wasn't sent directly to your e-mail after you replied to the first?

Wonder if this is the same guy that joined the Trigee forum purely to send me PMs asking for a copy of the PDF?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Personally, I'd just send a polite reply saying 'Dear Mr Muslim, I am not interested in breaking the law for you, or supporting your criminal activities. So please go fuck yourself.'

:lol:  :lol:  That should do it!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:51 pm 

Ian's quote did make me laugh, too, but I'm too polite to send such a message. Maybe it's a front for a certain cave-dweller, who's eagerly playing 3.5 D&D while he's avoiding capture by the troops? (That's probably bad taste; if so, I apologise!)

mbassoc2003 wrote:Didn't think you could delete an eBay message after you'd sent it. You sure the second message wasn't sent directly to your e-mail after you replied to the first?

Wonder if this is the same guy that joined the Trigee forum purely to send me PMs asking for a copy of the PDF?

In relation to the first question: Probably the latter.
In relation to the second question: No idea.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:38 pm 

Badmike wrote:Update on the R3/R1 issue, the seller has come through with flying colors....not only is going to send back the R3 (and I can hold the R1 until it gets here),

Yeah!  I've been waiting over 2 weeks now for delivery of my R1 I purchased and no comment from Kleptes.  Nice I found out what happened to it on here.  I still sent him a note asking what the heck happened.  He should be responsible for keeping me updated.  Granted it's an embarrassment to him, but he's risking a negative from me for poor delivery.

Rabbit_67

Kill something, it will make you feel better.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:00 am 

Rabbit_67 wrote:
Yeah!  I've been waiting over 2 weeks now for delivery of my R1 I purchased and no comment from Kleptes.  Nice I found out what happened to it on here.  I still sent him a note asking what the heck happened.  He should be responsible for keeping me updated.  Granted it's an embarrassment to him, but he's risking a negative from me for poor delivery.

Two weeks doesn't sound so bad.  What was the shipping method?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:50 am 

Rabbit_67 wrote:

Rabbit;

Blame it on me, I didn't send it back until I had the R3 in hand. Shoot, if I had known it was yours, I would have just sent it along myself! Sorry about that...hopefully the turnaround is quick.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:21 am 

With regards to the recent newbie passing by, not that I sell a great deal, but can I block a complete country from bidding/buying from anything I may list in the future, short of removing their bids as they do so?

(apologies for a little OT here...)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 104123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 102103104