Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 50 of 104123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 102103104
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:39 pm 

stratochamp wrote:How did I get dragged in to this thread?

Because you're a bad, bad man.  ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:57 pm 

stratochamp wrote:How did I get dragged in to this thread?

LOL, you're a magnet for this stuff.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm 

I dunno why but Pips most recent fiasco reminds me...

Remember that guy who won the Pharoah auction? Got it for the "Buy it Now" price (or managed to con the seller, I forget) for like $100 or something? So he gets on here and brags about it, before the seller ships him the module :roll: Of course 47 Pipswitches email the buyer and offer her more $$$ for the item... the guy gets all pissy on here about what a dumbfuck he was to say anything. The seller has a conscience though and actually goes through with the shitty deal she got. Then, to top it off, the buyer pops it back on Ebay shortly later to make his $$$! Anyone have a link to that old thread? That was some funny shit but I cannot find it :cry:

Better wrap up this thing before Pip finds himself in another conundrum :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 pm 

No, conundrum.  This is boring.  I don't want them, so they are for sale.  I try to sell everything I don't want.  And, I try to make money when I do!  They were worth more than $15/$0, so I certainly shall.  

On another note, she did get a positive from someone.  And, she only sold two items other than this lot... so one more feedback and BenJ's package and she may get a chance to get her feedback fixed.

I still won't know if I got screwed... but, you guys got to have your say in the matter...  and, it doesn't matter that much to me at this point.... I will make a few dimes anyhow and another stack of books will come along!

It sure would have been nice to fill one-three expensive first print slots in my collection for 15 bucks though!  And, I am certainly not the only collector here who would have been excited about that.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 pm 

I have no clue what this all about really Pip. $15 dollar Ebay deals, bad pictures, whining, people running around naked with masks on... boring shit. Especially with all these epic posts! Geeze, makes it even boring'er than boring... crossing the line into most boring territory. Last 3 pages of this thread is worse than watching "Passage to India". My mom tricked my ass into seeing that fucker.. she said, "It's like Raiders of the Lost Ark!"

I just want someone to dig up that old thread I'm talkin bout :P  I know some of you know exactly what I'm reffering to... It occured round the time I signed up here. Something always bugged me with that whole fiasco ... I figured out why just recently :twisted:
I looked for it and even typed in the keyword to no avail :x

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:37 pm 

Tharizdun, I remember that but i can't seem to find the thread (perhaps someone deleted all the posts :wink: ) - Ill keep looking though and post it if I can

(in a similar vein - was it TerminalFrost that BINned an OB3 for $50?)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:58 am 

Tharizdun wrote:I dunno why but Pips most recent fiasco reminds me...

Remember that guy who won the Pharoah auction? Got it for the "Buy it Now" price (or managed to con the seller, I forget) for like $100 or something? So he gets on here and brags about it, before the seller ships him the module :roll: Of course 47 Pipswitches email the buyer and offer her more $$$ for the item... the guy gets all pissy on here about what a dumbfuck he was to say anything. The seller has a conscience though and actually goes through with the shitty deal she got. Then, to top it off, the buyer pops it back on Ebay shortly later to make his $$$! Anyone have a link to that old thread? That was some funny shit but I cannot find it :cry:

Better wrap up this thing before Pip finds himself in another conundrum :D

funny how pissy people get when they still get a bargain but not quite the many, many $$ worth they imagined...  :lol:
As bbarsh said, if it looks to be to good to be true, it normally is...  :roll:

Unless of course you are into making private deals with sellers and its already been shown throughout your history, then you can normally scam unwitting people out of their nice items rather than having to resort to 'bargain' BINs...   :wink:

But back on topic, hope your deal is working out ok Mike. Makes me wonder what the seller would have done if you had already posted on to Italy!  :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:41 pm 

Update on the R3/R1 issue, the seller has come through with flying colors....not only is going to send back the R3 (and I can hold the R1 until it gets here), but refunded me $50 on the order for my trouble.  I told him I'd send back whatever is left over after paying return shipping, I just wanted the item not his money, but he nutted up and handled it like a pro.  Now I feel like an asshat for going all rambo on him....but everything worked out in the end, and he'll get some great feedback from me for handling this properly.  Kudos to Kleptes (Jim)!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:41 pm 

Making an offer (wholesale or retail) or asking for a price is good business.  Always has been and always will be.  The seller has a right to ask as many questions as they like, although I will certainly note that they almost never take the initiative.

I know there are many here who despise the common practice of making offers or buying things outside the auction format.  You are entitled to your opinion.  Meanwhile, most active collectors (even here) are buying and selling directly and routinely on line, through buy it nows, at trade shows, at flea markets and elsewhere.

The nature of business and collecting has not changed.  Doing business is not wrong.  Asking for a buy it now is within bounds for ebay.  Making a buy it now offer is also within bounds.  If you don't like it...  get ebay to change their policies.

Until then "Don't hate the players.... hate the game."

If you don't believe in business, capitalism, profit margins and the sellers RIGHT to accept an offer they decide is fair.... perhaps the concepts of ownership and collecting are contrary to your nature.  If so, what the heck are you doing here?

There are only a handful of conditions that make it wrong for a buyer and seller to agree to a price.  A third parties dissatisfaction with that price is not among the reasons.  If one party is mentally ill, underage, clearly under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then one knowingly should not be entering into an agreement and the agreement is probably not enforceable.  Short of that.... the sellers have a RIGHT to sell and the buyers have a RIGHT to buy.... even me.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:25 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Making an offer (wholesale or retail) or asking for a price is good business.  Always has been and always will be.  The seller has a right to ask as many questions as they like, although I will certainly note that they almost never take the initiative.

I know there are many here who despise the common practice of making offers or buying things outside the auction format.  You are entitled to your opinion.  Meanwhile, most active collectors (even here) are buying and selling directly and routinely on line, through buy it nows, at trade shows, at flea markets and elsewhere.

The nature of business and collecting has not changed.  Doing business is not wrong.  Asking for a buy it now is within bounds for ebay.  Making a buy it now offer is also within bounds.  If you don't like it...  get ebay to change their policies.

Until then "Don't hate the players.... hate the game."

If you don't believe in business, capitalism, profit margins and the sellers RIGHT to accept an offer they decide is fair.... perhaps the concepts of ownership and collecting are contrary to your nature.  If so, what the heck are you doing here?

There are only a handful of conditions that make it wrong for a buyer and seller to agree to a price.  A third parties dissatisfaction with that price is not among the reasons.  If one party is mentally ill, underage, clearly under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then one knowingly should not be entering into an agreement and the agreement is probably not enforceable.  Short of that.... the sellers have a RIGHT to sell and the buyers have a RIGHT to buy.... even me.

Can't disagree with anything here - but why did you post it?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:56 pm 

Just clarifying the matter.  I read some posts and routinely wonder if the posters have given even a moments thought to the ramifications of their short term rant/desires.  

I dont' believe anyone here will be successfully told...  to whom they can sell, what they can charge.... or that they can only sell on ebay... so everyone else... can have a "fair" shot?

Yet, people argue against the integrity of those (well some of those) who use buy it now and negotiated sales routinely.  What are they thinking?  

Maybe we should brand such posts with a hammer and sickle or a picture of Chairman Mao!

If we don't understand our rights, freedoms and liberties... how the heck are we going to protect them?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:16 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Just clarifying the matter.  I read some posts and routinely wonder if the posters have given even a moments thought to the ramifications of their short term rant/desires.  

I dont' believe anyone here will be successfully told...  to whom they can sell, what they can charge.... or that they can only sell on ebay... so everyone else... can have a "fair" shot?

Yet, people argue against the integrity of those (well some of those) who use buy it now and negotiated sales routinely.  What are they thinking?  

Maybe we should brand such posts with a hammer and sickle or a picture of Chairman Mao!

If we don't understand our rights, freedoms and liberties... how the heck are we going to protect them?

hmmm?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:39 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Asking for a buy it now is within bounds for ebay.  Making a buy it now offer is also within bounds.  If you don't like it...  get ebay to change their policies.

This is a little bit too general if you are trying to quote Ebay policy.  Once there is a bid on the item, the seller is no longer free to place a BIN.  If you are thinking that the seller can just cancel that bid (to place a BIN) then there is also policy on the criteria for canceling a bid.  "Because I want to place a BIN" is not one of them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:46 pm 

I received the shipment from junogrrl Friday, but I was out of town Friday and just got back home.  The shipping time is reasonable considering it came from Alaska.  So here's the package:

Good enough.  Open the wrapper and we have a box taped shut:

Open the box and:

Not the best packing, but everything was in tight.  The contents didn't shift when you moved the package around. Here's the S4:

Solid VG according to the Acaeum grading scale.  No writing or highlighting within, staple rust, 1" crease on the front cover.  Here's the S1:

Again, solid VG like the S4.  Here's the Character Record Sheets:

Complete.  Nothing torn out.  No writing or highlighting.  Staple rust.  VG+.  Next come the bonus items.  First, an X1:

VG condition.  Then, a comic book:

Next, a box of Dungeon Tiles!  The box is in good shape except for one split along the right top side. Slight dip in the middle of the top.  No writing or highlighting on the instructions.  I have no idea if all the tiles are present, but look to be in good shape.

Inside the Dungeon Tiles box we find:

And also:

I don't want the box of Dungeon Tiles.  I didn't ask for them.  I say they are now officially offered to anyone on the Acaeum who wants them.  I send them to you and you pay junogrrl directly.  If you want additional pictures, just ask.  Also, it'll come with the Task Force Games Catalog.  The bidding for this needs to go to a separate thread.  By Monday evening, we'll close the auction and work out details by PM's, unless someone has a better idea? :idea:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:58 pm 

Thank you.  I am glad they were packed better!  And, only one was dissimilar from the photo in her original listing.  

Although I still don't know that something did not happen behind the scene, I will stand by my statement that if others didn't have significant issues, that I would offer the feedback retraction.

Granted, I never got a request for one or an apology, but I will initiate the process.  Hopefully, she will check in on ebay and if any of you want to send her an email that here feedback withdrawal is forthcoming, that would be appreciated.  Otherwise, if she doesn't check in on Ebay because she is frustrated, there is not much I can do about it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:07 pm 

Mars,

I am not arguing that point so your clarification is welcome.  

I think most of the confusion with cancellations is the time drag between making a bin offer and them accepting it.  If someone gets a bid in between, it gets odd, as one of those situations caused an uproar a week or so ago.  I dunno the right answer to those situations.   To many competing variables and ethical issues.

I also think that nothing we do here is going to stop people from making offers, before, during, after...  and of all varieties.  high, very high, low, whatever.

What we can more effectively focus on is misrepresentation, actual fraud, listing errors, etc.

Watching the routine bashing people for things they may or may not have done and that no one can control anyway, just gets very old.  Especially, when the decision that an action was wrong is subjective, rather than based in law or commonly accepted ethics.  It is no more than stirring the pot to watch the steam rise.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:18 pm 

I can't initiate a feedback removal.  She can request up to five per year.  I will send her a message letting her know that if she starts the process I will do what i can from my end.

If someone knows another or faster way to do this, let me know.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:23 pm 

This is what I sent her.

Hi. After a lot of consideration about this matter, I have come to the conclusion that you were not intending to defraud me.  As such, if you initiate a feedback withdrawal I will honor it and remove the negative feedback.  I would initiate it myself, but ebay doesn't seem to let me do that.  Good luck with any future ebay sales, but do be careful with the pictures, please.  

Not much I can do until/unless I hear from her.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 50 of 104123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 102103104