Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 104123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:44 am 

All well said and all points well made... let me sum-up:

Everything is gray (not black or white). Pip is RIGHT but has acted like as asshat in response.

Because the "degree" (thanks mike) of this situation is maybe a dark shade of gray... and you are on the wrong side of it now since she gave you a refund, you ought to work towards fixing her feedback.

Be a man of diplomacy... be a man.

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:46 am 

Badmike wrote:Can someone who states they are "not responsible" for lost or damaged packages have me trust them if something happens to the package I send back?  My thinking is...no.

I think you worded your reply slightly harshly, but yes, you're on the right track there Mike.  The seller should do an "advance replacement", sending you the correct module first.

When you've confirmed you've received it, he should also cover the cost of you returning the incorrect one, as it was his error, and take the hit.  Good luck.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I think you worded your reply slightly harshly, but yes, you're on the right track there Mike.  The seller should do an "advance replacement", sending you the correct module first.

When you've confirmed you've received it, he should also cover the cost of you returning the incorrect one, as it was his error, and take the hit.  Good luck.

Mike, you could have just simply said... "Please send me the correct item with a return shipping label included in the parcel so that I may return the wrong item upon it's arrival."

Make the point without saying anything more than needed.

If the seller does not comply I would start the refund process.

“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:11 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Can someone who states they are "not responsible" for lost or damaged packages have me trust them if something happens to the package I send back?  My thinking is...no.

Discuss?

Mike B.

That was laying the hammer down, but sometimes you have to do it and you also have to trust your instincts. Since you've been doing the online thing for so long, I say go with your instincts.

The seller owes you what you paid for, regardless of what they sent you, and if they want it back the responsibility is theirs. I would call paypal immediately and find out what you are required to do to get what you paid for or a refund.

Normally the shipper is responsible for anything lost or damaged in transit, but you are returning missent goods, so I'm not sure what the responsibilities are according to paypal.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:14 pm 

TheMilford wrote:
Mike, you could have just simply said... "Please send me the correct item with a return shipping label included in the parcel so that I may return the wrong item upon it's arrival."

Make the point without saying anything more than needed.

If the seller does not comply I would start the refund process.

Either way, the seller needs to correct the situation at his cost. He made a mistake. No way you should be sending an item back without refund in hand.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 pm 

Thanks guys, all good advice here.  Ok, I probably did word things too harshly, so I'm sending a reply indicating when I do receive the R3, I'll send back the R1.  Returning the correct items is probably going to be a lot easier than refunding the item, and all I want is the correct item anyway.  It pays to have someone outside the situation look at it for you, especially when you are pissed and not thinking straight.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:06 pm 

Badmike wrote:It pays to have someone outside the situation look at it for you, especially when you are pissed and not thinking straight.

There you go!  

Perfect wisdom for Ebay and any other situation.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:11 pm 

It pays to have someone outside the situation look at it for you, especially when you are pissed and not thinking straight.

Agreed! Whenever someone has me do this I advise them to "lash out" and "destroy" the source of their temporary frustrations :wink:

FormCritic, I think people take you more seriously just because of your R.E.H. avatar. I bet a study would show that a goofy post made by someone with your avatar Vs a big bouncing boobs avatar... well, your avatar would win in that study even though it's a worse avatar.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:14 pm 

Step away from the situation and sleep on it, I always get a better perspective.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:31 pm 

Badmike wrote:Can someone who states they are "not responsible" for lost or damaged packages have me trust them if something happens to the package I send back?  My thinking is...no.

In this case, Mike, Ebay agrees with you.  The seller can say he's "not responsible" all he wants.  No matter what he says, he is responsible.

It's like a store that posts a "no refunds" policy on their wall.  They can post whatever they want.  Their sign is not the law.  In the case of an electronics store, for instance, the only question is how far you are willing to go to make them obey the law.  On Ebay, we  have PayPal.

That's possibly the greatest thing about using PayPal.  

Right now, I'm waiting on a seller from a site other than Ebay.  

I've sent him a very courteous reminder note that my PayPal payment to him was over a month ago and the product has not arrived.

In another week I'm going to send him another very courteous note.

Before the delay reaches 90 days, if the item does not appear, I will file a PayPal claim and the refund will be pretty much automatic.  No need to argue.  No need to be upset at all.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:54 pm 

Tharizdun wrote:FormCritic, I think people take you more seriously just because of your R.E.H. avatar. I bet a study would show that a goofy post made by someone with your avatar Vs a big bouncing boobs avatar... well, your avatar would win in that study even though it's a worse avatar.

What's funny about this R.E.H. avatar is that R.E.H. himself was not like this picture at all.

He was an overgrown boy in grubby clothes with great writing talent...much more like a cliche' gamer guy (one of us, in other words) than anyone like the grim fellow posing in the Al Capone hat.

I've often thought that R.E.H. would have been a much happier man if he'd had role-playing games and the relationships that go with them.  He might not have succumbed to his inner darkness.

Then again, perhaps he might never have written much either.  :?

I once used Dallas Egbert as my avatar, just as a prank.  It freaked people out.  Ironically, R.E.H. and Dallas Egbert had more in common than we might like to think.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:15 pm 

FormCritic wrote:What's funny about this R.E.H. avatar is that R.E.H. himself was not like this picture at all.
I thought that was Dick Tracy, but apparently he isn't a real person.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:31 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
What's funny about this R.E.H. avatar is that R.E.H. himself was not like this picture at all.

He was an overgrown boy in grubby clothes with great writing talent...much more like a cliche' gamer guy (one of us, in other words) than anyone like the grim fellow posing in the Al Capone hat.

I've often thought that R.E.H. would have been a much happier man if he'd had role-playing games and the relationships that go with them.  He might not have succumbed to his inner darkness.

Then again, perhaps he might never have written much either.  :?

I once used Dallas Egbert as my avatar, just as a prank.  It freaked people out.  Ironically, R.E.H. and Dallas Egbert had more in common than we might like to think.

REH had this picture taken as a joke...trying to look all "gangsta" with some of his buddies.  

Unfortunately, some of the greatest artists of all time have had demons. Arguably, these demons are what made them successful.  I just can't see REH as the same sort of writer had his situation in life been one of peaches and cream. Sometimes tragedy creates art and I do believe this is the truth in REH's case.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 pm 

I appreciate everyone's feedback.  A few of the recent comments do intrigue me.

I did not intend to leave negative feedback until I got the rude comment with the unsolicited refund.  That certainly pushed me over the edge to the neg.  I also have never gotten an apology or a note that indicates that she recognizes there is an issue with how she listed or what arrived.  What I got was a rude comment that suggests she doesn't need my money enough to fool with the matter.  That leaves me to wonder if she would have kept a larger amount if I had seriously overpaid.  I also still don't know a switch did not happen.  

Nonetheless, I plan to keep an eye on her feedback and if no other issues crop up, I will consider initiating a feedback withdrawal.  I do appreciate the nature of community input and decisions.  If others here have subsequent transactions and emails with her which reveal her to be ignorant but learning rather than intentionally misrepresenting or switching merchandise, I will reconsider my initial judgment based upon the additional evidence.  I will most certainly not be doing business with her myself.

Do note that she has neither apologized nor requested a feedback withdrawal... nor yet demonstrated that she is well intentioned.  Even BenJ's emails from her demonstrate continued duplicity as others noted.... so I will wait a week or so to see how things appear to pan out with her other customers.  If BenJ is so disposed, a short pm or message here that he is satisfied with a completed transaction would be helpful.

Thanks for the input all.

I don't think I jumped the gun here, and I don't think we yet know she is honest.  But if after a couple of weeks, it appears that way, I don't feel strongly about sticking her with the negative forever.  My post here and my feedback were meant to protect innocent buyers, not to overly harshly punish an slopy newbie seller.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:52 pm 

Slopy = sloppy  It's gonna kill me to leave misspelled words in my posts when I see them, but I will try to leave them alone, lol.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I appreciate everyone's feedback.  A few of the recent comments do intrigue me.

I did not intend to leave negative feedback until I got the rude comment with the unsolicited refund.  That certainly pushed me over the edge to the neg.  I also have never gotten an apology or a note that indicates that she recognizes there is an issue with how she listed or what arrived.  What I got was a rude comment that suggests she doesn't need my money enough to fool with the matter.  That leaves me to wonder if she would have kept a larger amount if I had seriously overpaid.  I also still don't know a switch did not happen.  

Nonetheless, I plan to keep an eye on her feedback and if no other issues crop up, I will consider initiating a feedback withdrawal.  I do appreciate the nature of community input and decisions.  If others here have subsequent transactions and emails with her which reveal her to be ignorant but learning rather than intentionally misrepresenting or switching merchandise, I will reconsider my initial judgment based upon the additional evidence.  I will most certainly not be doing business with her myself.

Do note that she has neither apologized nor requested a feedback withdrawal... nor yet demonstrated that she is well intentioned.  Even BenJ's emails from her demonstrate continued duplicity as others noted.... so I will wait a week or so to see how things appear to pan out with her other customers.  If BenJ is so disposed, a short pm or message here that he is satisfied with a completed transaction would be helpful.

Thanks for the input all.

I don't think I jumped the gun here, and I don't think we yet know she is honest.  But if after a couple of weeks, it appears that way, I don't feel strongly about sticking her with the negative forever.  My post here and my feedback were meant to protect innocent buyers, not to overly harshly punish an slopy newbie seller.

What Ekim said is so often the truth. I should have slept on it before I hammered the seller in the above example. I think that is good advice most of the time for all of us.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:00 pm 

Pipswich wrote:If BenJ is so disposed, a short pm or message here that he is satisfied with a completed transaction would be helpful.

When my shipment/order arrives, I will comment in this thread for all to see.  No problem. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 pm 

Rabbit_67 wrote:Unless you're at the GenCon auction and want the same item as Stratochamp.  Then who knows how high the price will go.  :cry:
How did I get dragged in to this thread?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 104123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 102103104