Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 42 of 104123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:00 pm 

I suggested he follow ebay policy and not try to use shipping to avoid ebay fees in the future.  I also reported him to ebay under the excessive shipping charges for both auctions.  I reread his feedback and decided this was not a unique occurrence based on the neutral.  So I gave him his first negative with corresponding dsr's.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:06 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I suggested he follow ebay policy and not try to use shipping to avoid ebay fees in the future.  I also reported him to ebay under the excessive shipping charges for both auctions.  I reread his feedback and decided this was not a unique occurrence based on the neutral.  So I gave him his first negative with corresponding dsr's.

Bravo!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:38 am 

Pipswich wrote:I suggested he follow ebay policy and not try to use shipping to avoid ebay fees in the future.  I also reported him to ebay under the excessive shipping charges for both auctions.  I reread his feedback and decided this was not a unique occurrence based on the neutral.  So I gave him his first negative with corresponding dsr's.

i think i would have given him the opportunity to come good with the shipping before doing that, but yes, i would have done exactly the same. what an idiot.

way to go pip. hope your next purchase is a better situation than that one!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:25 am 

Here's a shady dealer:

http://www.peerlessumbrella.com/products/index.php

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:07 am 

Fantasy Role-Playing in Heathen Russia

I was happy to win this one as this book is very hard to find and at .99 cents I thought it was a steal.

Till it arrived anyway.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sellers feedback rating should have warned me off.

301ford2000

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... =25&page=1

I sent him a note regarding my dissapoinment but dont expect a possitive result.

I am not shipping it back at my expense to save .99 cents.

Wish you had mentioned the water damage and mildew throughout the book in the listing.
Even though I am only out $6 I am not happy at all, the book should have been described better.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:39 am 

Chargeback through PayPal. Not as described. Leave negative feedback.
At the end of the day, you're only $6 out of pocket. I missed it, and would have paid the $6 for the op' to cut the spine off and scan the item, then I'd have binned it. If I've got stuff coming over from TX in the future, I'll give you $6 for it, and send you the PDF when I'm done.

Aside... Was it worth looking at? Any good reading or base material in there?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 pm 

. wrote:Chargeback through PayPal. Not as described. Leave negative feedback.
At the end of the day, you're only $6 out of pocket. I missed it, and would have paid the $6 for the op' to cut the spine off and scan the item, then I'd have binned it. If I've got stuff coming over from TX in the future, I'll give you $6 for it, and send you the PDF when I'm done.

Aside... Was it worth looking at? Any good reading or base material in there?

If you are into Russian History and legends, then hell yes, it was worth way more than $6.
Written by Mark Chapan and Joe Caruso and published in 1990.

It has a lot of information taken directly from Russian history and legends.
Plenty of data that can (with some work) be converted to any RPG System.
The game system is based on actual political system and christian doctrines active during the time period.
The book centers upon life in the Northern reaches of Rus circa 900 AD and the comming of christianity to that region (Blurb from the front page)

Magic seems to be centered on Either Sorcery, or Elemental Magic.
Cold is obviously a heavy factor since this is the northern portion of the world.
No scantily clad amazonian warrior princesses here as the warm temperatures stated for the months of May and June at around 27 Degrees Celsius (The warm months) and the book covers cold protection factors in great detail.
The book includes Spells and Monsters galore.
There are new Magic Items and weapons (25 pages worth).
There are tables for encounter ideas in various settings (Forest/Village)
There are tables for determing the liklihood of various monster encounters for area and climate and time periods (Quite detailed)

Dragons come in nine different categories, with two subtypes in those sets (Younglings and Adults).
The Hatchlings are:
Snow Worms
Flame Spawn
Kraiks
Brimstone Winglings
Steam Worms
Sand Worms
Stormling
Swamp Worms
Poison Spitter

The Adult Dragons are:
Frost Dragons
Dragons of Flame
Serpents of Perun
Pit Dragons
Vapor Dragons
The Parched ones
Storm Dragons
Serpents of the Hellswamp
The Unwholesome ones

Dragons have NINE different breath weapons.
Frost
Flame
Lightning
Sulphur
Steam
Hot
Wind
Mud
Phlegm.
Each Dragon Type (Really every monster) has stat blocks with details much like the Monster Manuals from TSR.

There are many other unique monsters too.
Many of them will be included in future adventures in my games.
One such creature is a Polevik.
It is a Demi-Demon being a cross between a demom and human.
They inhabit Cultivated Fields only and never stray far from the fields they protect.
They are tolerated by farmers and landowners as they jealosly protect the wheat, rye, or oats from Crows, thieves and peasants who try to steal its precious grains.
Most farmers in fact have pacts/agreements with the demi-demons to do so.
This monster comes directly from Russian Folklore and legends....
Its a scarecrow with teath and claws.

There are two seperate short adventures in the back.
Woe to Mikhailov (Name of a village) and The Mound of the Serpent (Dragon).

Yes, its only $6 and so I am not unhappy with the cost as the data is well worth that amount and more (IMO).
What ticks me off is the lack of honesty by the seller.
No matter the winning bid amount, the seller is an asshat for selling a book with mildew and water damages from the front cover all the way through to the rear cover, and not saying so in the description.

I was already thinking of doing as you suggested and cut the binding off and scan it all.

The mildew and water damage ruined my plans to post to the fun finds thread.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:17 pm 

Sounds like a good find anyways.
Something I'd like to find and get scanned.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:45 pm 

I think I may have an extra.  There was also a module and character pad.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:08 pm 

Did you take a look at the one neutral feedback this guy had?

*points to Gnat the Beggar's post above*

product as advertised and dispatched on time   8O

Wow...thanks!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:13 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
I was already thinking of doing as you suggested and cut the binding off and scan it all.

The mildew and water damage ruined my plans to post to the fun finds thread.

Careful though. Mold is a matter of spores and they can come off in your scanner and get on paper products you use later. You might want to put the pages in a clear plastic holder when you scan them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:28 pm 

Pepsigalore is both an asshat and a shady dealer. Details here:

viewtopic.php?t=8695&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:55 pm 

Just did a bin on a vecna lives. The seller wanted $2.99 for shipping. After I asked how he planned to package it (turns out he was just going to drop it in a bubble envelope and let my post office and mailman bend the hell out of it) I asked if he would put stiff cardboard in it. He will but now wants $5.99 for shipping.

This pisses me off. I've been getting a number of packages where people are just dumping modules in manila envelopes, no plastic , no cardboard, not even a 'do not bend'. So now I ask each seller how they plan to package it.

Some of these sellers take this as an excuse to double the shipping cost and I'm getting sick of it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:06 pm 

There is no excuse for bad packaging. Even if you're selling the buyer a book that has been through a washingmachine and then got shredded by your dog, the buyer has a right to receive it in the washing machine/dog shred condition he purchased it in, and not the washing machine/dog shred/USPS mailman condition he didn't buy it in.

If something arrives bent and creased, and it wasn't in that condition when you bought it, that's what chargebacks and PayPal claims are for. The seller is responsible for getting the item to you in the condition it was advertised. If he incorrectly estimates postal cost, that's his problem. You chargeback him for the damage. He makes a claim against the USPS or not as is his choice.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Just did a bin on a vecna lives. The seller wanted $2.99 for shipping. After I asked how he planned to package it (turns out he was just going to drop it in a bubble envelope and let my post office and mailman bend the hell out of it) I asked if he would put stiff cardboard in it. He will but now wants $5.99 for shipping.

This pisses me off. I've been getting a number of packages where people are just dumping modules in manila envelopes, no plastic , no cardboard, not even a 'do not bend'. So now I ask each seller how they plan to package it.

Some of these sellers take this as an excuse to double the shipping cost and I'm getting sick of it.

Ask him again what his plan is for shipping!  $5.99 sounds like a bargain.  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:41 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:This pisses me off. I've been getting a number of packages where people are just dumping modules in manila envelopes, no plastic , no cardboard, not even a 'do not bend'. So now I ask each seller how they plan to package it.

That's a good idea that I'm going to do from now on. I bought a boxed set that came in a flimsy mailer pack (not even a box) with one piece of bubble wrap on one side, and a thin piece of cardboard on the other.  Needless to say, the box cover was all bowed in by the time I got my hands on it. :x

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:04 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Some of these sellers take this as an excuse to double the shipping cost and I'm getting sick of it.

Hey, Jason . . . I'll need to charge you another $4 for shipping.  Cardboard doesn't grow on trees!   :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:08 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Just did a bin on a vecna lives. The seller wanted $2.99 for shipping. After I asked how he planned to package it (turns out he was just going to drop it in a bubble envelope and let my post office and mailman bend the hell out of it) I asked if he would put stiff cardboard in it. He will but now wants $5.99 for shipping.

I've almost given up purchasing magazine lots on Ebay.  Inevitably the pile of 20+ mags are dropped into a box with no padding or protection, and when the box arrives at least one side is caved in (once I was just delivered a box with no mags and a torn up side) or the mags have slid around inside so much they have torn themselves to pieces.  I cannot even begin to tell you how many times this has happened....I now email explicit instructions when I do purchase a mag lot in hopes of forstalling the inevitable damage.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 42 of 104123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 102103104