Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 104123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 102103104
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Huh?

When did this happen?

The only thing I remember along those lines was when you and Dark Seraphim had a falling out and without getting into the gory details that had nothing to do with the Silliest Price thread.

Silly I know, but I did my homework, easy enough to find out thru Google & Toolhaus...the sheer tonnage of people I won't let my Bro deal with is huge...sketchy, nah, don't think so! Hell if it was up to me I'd not ship to some states in the Union.

Suffice to say; "If your in the MOB, you sure as hell souldn't talk about it!"

Oh what I meant to comment about was; "Run outta here?" Please, got better things to do than worry 'bout  bunch of dudes complaining about shipping, buying, and life not being fair...sheeesh!

The bankers have nearly ruined the world, but we'll bail them out and they'll be kind enough to lend us our own money back...with interest...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:20 pm 

Here's another Ebay seller to avoid:  donnabrasil

The seller has this item listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0317555055

but previously sold this copy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0317558687

The picture is of the "actual item on hand" but is the same in both auctions so I asked about it.  First she said it was a picture of the actual item, then she said she had two in the same condition, then it was "one that was sold is not in it's original shrink wrap and has been worn on the cover" - although the auction stakes "Still in Plastic".  Apparently in her mind the auction description and picture changed.

Not to mention that she followed all this up with:

donnabrasil wrote:Please stop accusing me of lieing, advertising false items and trying to deceived the public. If you do, I will report you to eBay for harassment as this is uncalled for and completely apparent in the photos.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:52 pm 

Mars wrote:Here's another Ebay seller to avoid:  donnabrasil

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The picture is of the "actual item on hand" but is the same in both auctions so I asked about it.  First she said it was a picture of the actual item, then she said she had two in the same condition, then it was "one that was sold is not in it's original shrink wrap and has been worn on the cover" - although the auction stakes "Still in Plastic".  Apparently in her mind the auction description and picture changed.

lol i went to the listing and this is what it showed me :D

Shipping: $73.42 UPS Worldwide Express  

lol i seriously dont think so :)

yeah avoid at all costs i would say - good call Mars...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 pm 

I like how there is a point made that "some items are still in their dust sleeves." Doesn't that mean "some might still have their covers?"

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:24 pm 

The nice guy that I am, I sent her a link to the thread here and got this response:

You have been reported to the Safety Harbor department for releasing my information to an outside source and continuing to contact me after you said you were only responding to my responses. Therefore, I stopped messaging you and still kept sending me message to exascerbate the situation. You are wrong about the pictures and that is that. You have been reported for harassment and that is that. Now, leave me alone or I will continue to report your further messages to eBay as I have not asked you to not communicate with me. The next step will be to contact eBay for your contact information and contact your ISP and make a complaint with them.

Could someone send her a message that I posted a response here - I don't want to message her for fear of further harassment  :D  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:30 pm 

Mars wrote:Here's another Ebay seller to avoid:  donnabrasil

She has a ragged out copy of  B1 listed with a $50 BIN.....

She also has a bunch of the Conan Saga Mags listed at $25 each.

I just picked up (about 3 months ago) all of issues 2-10  for a buck each at Half Price Books.

I could have gotten another 40 or 50 issues at that price too, but I did not have enough money.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:She has a ragged out copy of  B1 listed with a $50 BIN.....

Ya, most of the prices are out to lunch.  $25 each for Dragon Magazines in the 120s, $50 -$60 for 1st Edition hardcovers, $50 for B1 - that ones ultra rare right?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:31 pm 

Buyer beware with bookoutlet1.  My order for some supposedly new 3.5 books was incomplete.  The books that I did receive were damaged due to unprotected packaging and obviously well-used before they were shipped --- corners worn through to the underlying cardboard, covers no longer glossy, pages and binding no longer tight, etc.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:35 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Buyer beware with bookoutlet1.  My order for some supposedly new 3.5 books was incomplete.  The books that I did receive were damaged due to unprotected packaging and obviously well-used before they were shipped --- corners worn through to the underlying cardboard, covers no longer glossy, pages and binding no longer tight, etc.

Still having great luck buying 3.5 online, eh JG?  Honestly by the condition of the items you are getting either every 3.5 owner/player shoved his books up his ass first, or.....every 3.5 owner/player shoved his books up his ass first....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Still having great luck buying 3.5 online, eh JG?  Honestly by the condition of the items you are getting either every 3.5 owner/player shoved his books up his ass first, or.....every 3.5 owner/player shoved his books up his ass first....

Mike B.

It helps if you started with 3.0, those books were thinner. :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:59 pm 

Badmike wrote:Still having great luck buying 3.5 online, eh JG?  Honestly by the condition of the items you are getting either every 3.5 owner/player shoved his books up his ass first, or.....every 3.5 owner/player shoved his books up his ass first....

The quality of 3.5 and 4E books varies much more than I expected.  Did people LARP and use the 3.5 books as missile and melee weapons, or what?  Stock photos are not helping matters at all.

3.5 and 4E book auctions are complete crapshoots.  Some sellers privately answer "Yes, a name is written in the front cover" and neglect to add that to the auction description.  Others don't pack the books that well.  Still others really do ship like-new books that arrive undamaged; why does that suprise me?

So . . . it's just eBay and Amazon as usual.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:06 pm 

Plaag wrote:
It helps if you started with 3.0, those books were thinner. :wink:

ShaneG.
:lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:16 pm 

:?:

Is there a way to block/remove sellers (like with buyers), rather than have to try and remember their names or search on them every time you want to place a bid?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:18 pm 

mordrin wrote::?:

Is there a way to block/remove sellers (like with buyers), rather than have to try and remember their names or search on them every time you want to place a bid?

I think you can do it with a saved search (to leave out certain stores (T&T) or buyers).  Someone posted destructions on how to do it at one time but it's been a while.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:27 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:
I think you can do it with a saved search (to leave out certain stores (T&T) or buyers).  Someone posted destructions on how to do it at one time but it's been a while.

The limit is ten blocked sellers and that is only from searches you've created and saved. What is needed is a blocked sellers list so you dont bid on their items by mistake.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:43 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:She also has a bunch of the Conan Saga Mags listed at $25 each.

Lawl! That's classic.

Conan Saga was a reprint magazine. I've literally given them away before.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:58 pm 

Avoid seller :
dougieschnauzer

He sold two lots at auction to me.  One was a penny and one was a 1.25.  I am sympathetic to his low final sale price.  I am not sympathetic to his attempt to charge $40 shipping to make up for it.  For the record, this is gouging shipping by $30-35.  His feedback shows a neutral that indicates that a sold item became unavailable.  I presume shipping overcharges or losing stuff to avoid delivery on low sales is par for the course for him.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Avoid seller :
dougieschnauzer

He sold two lots at auction to me.  One was a penny and one was a 1.25.  I am sympathetic to his low final sale price.  I am not sympathetic to his attempt to charge $40 shipping to make up for it.  For the record, this is gouging shipping by $30-35.  His feedback shows a neutral that indicates that a sold item became unavailable.  I presume shipping overcharges or losing stuff to avoid delivery on low sales is par for the course for him.

So what did you tell him?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 41 of 104123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 102103104