Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 104123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 am 

Pipswich wrote:Oh, that's easy and I am glad you asked.
To enjoy the expertise and companionship of fellow like-minded collectors and dealers.

:lol:

Pipswich wrote:To encourage BC and anyone else who reads sections of these flaming diatribes not to jump to conclusions and get away with an effective "you are guilty of what we charge until you prove otherwise' strategy to malign competitors and or those they don't like.

Considering that you have yet to actually prove anything that I have said about you wrong and as a matter of fact you have almost seemingly done your best to prove me right is almost unfathomable.

Pipswich wrote:I would like the forum to be a place where meaningful discussions about ebay/paypal policy changes and the collecting community could happen without a minority (or even the majority) accusing those who disagree with them of not being "real sellers" "real buyers" "as experienced" or any of the other shibboleths used to effectively run away (or into hiding) those who disagree with them.

Which is exactly why you felt the need to overinflate your Ebay & PayPal transactions total in those discussions, right?
Pipswich wrote:It's a pipe dream... but the recurrent posts about a couple of retail vendors who are constantly accused of charging too much, get old and are petty.

Well, that's what we discuss here. If you don't like it, feel free to move onto another forum that fits your needs, as we are CLEARLY not it.  

The fact that in this post you decry what this forum is and in the very same post you still insist on wanting to be a part of it all, is pure comedy gold.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 am 

! everyone loves cake!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:32 am 

Brian wrote:I have seen people grasp at straws before, but this may take the cake

mmmmm Cake, he says, derailing the thread til we get more nonsense peddled :lol:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:35 am 

! everyone loves cake!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:35 am 

Hi, again!

I wanted to let you guys know that I contacted eBay's support service to inquire whether this case was worth of investigation. After supplying some additional information, here's the reply I got:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to gregr3648's claims that the item
you won was damaged and that they are now selling the same item.

We are very concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly
investigated your report. The eBay Privacy Policy prevents me from
discussing the specifics of our investigation. I can tell you, however,
that in this instance we didn't find evidence that a violation occurred.

I understand your concern about this situation, and we can reopen the
investigation if we receive additional information about the possible
violation. Please feel free to contact the SafeHarbor team with
additional information about this account.

Thank you for using eBay for your online trading needs.

So, it seems that, as all of you previously told me, there's no evidence to think that the events occurred differently from what the seller said. It may or may not have happened that way, but at least what could be done was done.

Once again, thank you for your insight on these matters, and also to the members that contacted the seller asking about this issue.

You sure are a resourceful and helpful bunch! :)

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 am 

Pipswich wrote:  Feel free to be paranoid and block me even if you are honest and professional.

Okey-dokey - I see gigimgm has 35 wins in the last month so you'de better give us the other ebay handles for the rest of the 90 lots so that I can block them as well.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:37 am 

My brother had a lovely strawberry cake at his wedding last Saturday when I attended the reception in California, hence also explaining my near week-long absence from posting, which I am sure no one noticed. It had actual strawberries inside it, and was very moist and extremely edible. A shame they only allowed one small piece to be nibbled, as, after that one taste, I wanted the whole damn thing!

Oh, sorry. The post about cake made me hunger.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 am 

serleran wrote:My brother had a lovely strawberry cake at his wedding last Saturday when I attending the reception in California, hence also explaining my near week-long absence from posting, which I am sure no one noticed. It had actual strawberries inside it, and was very moist and extremely edible. A shame they only allowed one small piece to be nibbled, as, after that one taste, I wanted the whole damn thing!

Mrs gyg made an easter cake-thing yesterday - melted chocolate, golden syrup, those pink wafer biscuit things, marshmallows topped with cadburys mini-eggs - mmmmmmmmmm - I can feel my arteries hardening!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 am 

Pipswich wrote:BC,

Fortunately, for all of us, your ego got out of hand there.  If I thought you defined and were the sum and total of this site, I would certainly abandon it. This community is much larger than any individual, even one with some vocal allies.

I must have missed where I asserted this. This wouldn't be you making stuff up again would it? :lol:

And "vocal" allies? Three other people have posted in the thread since this started up again, one of which was hoping to stop it and two other simply asking you a couple of legit questions.  I can't figure out if this an act to try and garner sympathy or if you're just this paranoid and delusional.

Pipswich wrote:And it is useful to me, in spite of you.

Which part of this community is "useful" to you, considering you again pretty much just ran everyone down in your previous post?
Pipswich wrote:So wish all you want... and flame away... but I see no reason to take you so seriously that I would leave and compromise my own access to those who are less caustic.

Ready?

I don't care if you "take me seriously".

Sorry.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:01 am 

And sorry all for the clusterf**k in this thread. :oops:  For that I give you:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:04 am 

! everyone loves cake!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 am 

Pipswich wrote:I am going to address two core issues at once here, again.

In other words you are yet again going to attempt to re-frame the discussion. Surprising.

Pipswich wrote:Unfortunately, no one is proving anything here.  And that is not likely to change.
Actually, yes it has.  Several times as a matter of fact.

Pipswich wrote:I am certainly not going to be forthcoming with private information under these circumstances and no rational person really expects me to.

Not surprising.

Pipswich wrote:You can make a hobby of claiming that as proof that you are right... but it would be an irrational and self-destructive act to attempt to do so.

Right, because everyone should just take you at your word.  I mean you have been so honest and forthcoming so far, right?

Pipswich wrote:And, I note that you keep taking the transaction discussion out of context.

No, I really didn't, I quoted you word for word.  I am not sure how you saying that you had over 10,000 transactions on this account is being taken out of context as being anything other than you've had over 10,000 transactions on this account, but I am sure you'll try to again re-frame the argument to attempt to make it fit. i.e:

Pipswich wrote:First, it was an estimate based on current buying habits.

You overestimated by almost 8500 transactions, which is over 5 times the amount of transactions that you've really had? Seriously?

Pipswich wrote:Second, you falsely assumed you had every user id that I have used on ebay.

So you are reluctant to even give up any information about previous Ebay IDs that you no longer use?  Again, you really don't think anyone on here is actually dumb enough to believe that, right?

Pipswich wrote:Third, we have continued to define what was said differently.

Again, I am not sure how you saying that you have had over 10,000 transactions on this account can be defined as anything else other than I've had 10,000 transactions on this account.

Pipswich wrote:From my perspective, most importantly, the only reason transactions were brought up was because as a relatively new user, I chimed in on a couple of discussions.... expressed opinions that were not in the majority and my opinion dismissed for some of the false reasons stated above.

You over inflated your Ebay numbers to try and make it seem like your opinion was more valid. When you got caught, you threw a shitstorm, kind of like right now.

Pipswich wrote:Rather than being treated respectfully as a newcomer to the site, I was attacked, harassed, and forced into a defensive posture.  I still maintain that the motive for that is that I have purchased items privately and lots on ebay that interfere with some users collecting and commercial interests.  (Not that it is likely to change).

When you disrespect people by telling them bold face lies in an effort to sound better, you can't expect anyone to turn around and treat you with any respect.  You get respect, when you give respect.  Lying to people is not a way of getting respect. Sorry.

Pipswich wrote:Oh, and gyg, your post caught my attention so I went back to my ebay account.  The total is 103 for the last 60 days, so I have apparently slowed down a little bit on ebay... but 35 is not correct for the last 31 days either.  I don't think they come up if no one leaves feedback?  And I have been even less inclined than normal to leave it since BC starting posting my purchases on here.  Frankly, on some of the larger purchases, I ask people not to leave feedback for that very reason.

You're wrong, again.  You may have BID on 103 transactions over the last 60 days(which is conveniently only 13 more than your claimed 90 total transactions for the past 30 days as you stated above.  Over inflation of your supposed buying habits?  Nah, not you. :lol:), Ebay shows ALL of your wins.  Not your losses, just all of your wins.  Leaving feedback does not affect it at all. The End.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:38 am 

geez Pipswitch, you talk a lot of old boll@cks! I've yet to see anything BC stated disproven or inaccurate.
I guess you are in politics...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:39 am 

oh, BC? I hope there is cream to go over the cake!! :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am 

! everyone loves cake!

Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:46 am 

Pipswich wrote:Actually, BC, you are wrong.  There are 103 won in the last 60 days and 51 not won.

[ Image ]

I am not sure that I have ever seen anyone in my life so intent in making a fool out of themselves by making things up and trying to pass them off as fact.   I never said you didn't have 103 in the last 60 days, nor did I say anything about 51 either. You claimed to have 90+ purchases EVERY MONTH, right here:

viewtopic.php?p=130328&highlight=#130328

Pipswich wrote:Grug
The feedback relative to 2009 transactions has only a couple of issues and I am still buying 90 or more lots on ebay every month.  I also have had ZERO problems with shipping from private purchases.  I saw two neutral/negs in 2009 and that is far from every two weeks for this year.

Pipswich wrote:Also note that, when I recognized my error, I volunteered the correct data and it is correct.

No you didn't, you moved the goal posts.  You quite clearly stated in no uncertain terms that you had 90+ buying transactions every month. Gyg pointed out that you only had 35 this past month and only after having that pointed out did you change it to 103 in 2 months.

Pipswich wrote:I notice you don't quote that original paragraph that you interpreted to mean 10,000 transactions on one user id.  That is because what it says is account, and in the context of the paragraph I intended paypal account and you have refused to accept that explanation which is your right... but it is unreasonable to fail to recognize the distinction.

You've already tried this excuse before.  It didn't work then and it isn't working now either.

Pipswich wrote:The screen shot should demonstrate conclusively that despite your vitriol and your reputation among your friends that you are not right about the sales totals for 31 days and for 60 days.

The screen shot clearly indicates that you did in fact over inflate your monthly buying totals yet again.  Good Job!

While you are at it, how about a screen shot for the last 30 days now, too?

Pipswich wrote:I am sure it will not stop your attacks, but it should at least cause pause to some of the outside observers like ashmire who have apparently never seen you proven wrong before.

And considering you failed at it again, he still hasn't seen it happen yet either.  Again, Good Job!

Pipswich wrote:And when it comes to matters of interpretation and to matters of trust, you are in a subclass all your own.

If you making a fool out yourself makes me a subclass all on my own, then consider me guilty as charged.

Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:56 am 

Pipswich wrote:Also note that, when I recognized my error, I volunteered the correct data and it is correct.  

More like:  When your false statement was challenged by others and shown to be false, you then "volunteered the correct data."

So to summarize:
1.  You have a history of arranging rather dubious deals, some to bilk eBay out of fees, others potentially to take advantage of a naive buyer or to arrange lower BINs etc.
2.  You leave an exorbitant amount of negative or neutral feedback for sellers.  Of the past 400 feedbacks you have left, 38 are negs or neutrals, all of these in the last 6 months.  You either have the worst luck in the world, or are virtually impossible to please, or maybe even you are using feedback to extort better deals from sellers.
3.  I am rarely an eBay seller, but gigimgm will be added to my blocked bidder list, right alongside scubabri420 and cougarrinard.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:27 am 

And since I know where this likely headed next, I blame myself for thinking common sense was going to be common in this circumstance. My mistake.

I should have qualified my previous comments about Ebay only showing your wins and not your losses under the assumption that outsiders have absolutely NO access to anyone's My Ebay page when I was talking about Gyg's post. With that said, since Ebay does not allow outsiders access to your My Ebay page, they only have access to this, which only now shows wins and not losses:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... 100&sort=3

Which quite clearly indicates that you have 38 wins in the last 30 days, well short of the previously claimed 90+ wins a month.  

Again, I figured this would have been as obvious as can be, but my mistake for not specifying.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 104123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 102103104