Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 90123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 888990
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:48 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:As I have stated before, I have no intention of opening my books to the scrutiny of an individual who has shown nothing but malice toward me on this site.  If that confuses any of the rest of you... so be it.

Aside from the fact that it's a cop out, I am not even the one who asked.

Pipswich wrote:I posted tonight, to clarify the situation when BC jumped to the conclusion that he had found a secondary ebay user ID and an additional acaeum forum handle for me.  He didn't, and he has apologized for the accusation... not to me, of course, but to the other person involved.

Thanks for the recap.

Pipswich wrote:Further, when I got in the first round of spats with BC it was relative to DSR's and a legal matter that involved the store in NC that sent an empty box of peanuts instead of the limited edition fourth edition DM screen I purchased.  There were lengthy discussions about what constitutes mail fraud and, oddly enough, whether or not the post office would involve their own fraud investigator and Federal prosecutors in a mail fraud crime claim.  (which they did and do).

Feel free to quote me where I said that they wouldn't.  To sum it up, you continued to say that circumventing Ebay fees was mail fraud. It wasn't then and it still isn't. You also advised someone to contact a civil attorney to handle a criminal case.  That said, here are the threads in question:

viewtopic.php?p=125529&highlight=#125529

viewtopic.php?p=126848&highlight=#126848

I'll wait for my quotes where I said that the Mail Service doesn't investigate mail fraud.

Pipswich wrote:It seems odd that BC would claim not to remember the rather long running thread.

I remember them quite well, I just posted a link to them.  You seem to continue to think that making stuff up is somehow helping your case.  It's not.

Pipswich wrote:It also seems odd that he would forget arguments about whether or not for years many ebay users ignored collecting and giveing feedback once they hit 100 or so.

I also remember this quite well and refuted it then as nonsense.  If you'd like I can dig out my remarks that dealt with it as well.


Pipswich wrote:Since, he seems determined to analyze peoples business based on the data available to him... my candid observation that most of us never cared or left it much... for years... disturbed his only means of analyzing other peoples business.

I haven't the slightest idea what you are babbling about here.

Pipswich wrote:I hope to see some of you at GenCon.  And, I hope to continue buying from many of you... this year.  I do sometimes buy from some of you on ebay and on the sites, and I appreciate the quality packing that I have gotten from all of you.  I don't post specific thank you's here for the obvious reason that I am trying not to drag anyone else into the BC attacks that seem to go on like the Energizer bunny.


Another cop out. Surprising.

I really do like how you ignored everything again that I posted and chose to try and re-frame the conversation, like somehow everyone who is reading it doesn't really know what is going on already.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:37 pm 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1882
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I really do like how you ignored everything again that I posted and chose to try and re-frame the conversation, like somehow everyone who is reading it doesn't really know what is going on already.



pipswich wrote:Cheers BC. This was much more fun than last time. Your motives are better illuminated each time you do this.


and your motives are.....?


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 599
Joined: Mar 17, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Evergreen, CO

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:I haven't had a serious issue with the seller in quite some time.


I probably should just stay out of this, but a quick perusal of your feedback shows you have left 38 out of your last 400 feedbacks as either neutral or negs, for 10 different sellers, dating back only to November 2008.  It seems you have problems with sellers every two weeks!

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:14 am 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:17 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:I read through the thread and can't find where I suggested someone contact a civil attorney for a criminal matter.  I do think that the type of attorney and or court that is required can vary due to subtle circumstances beyond my expertise.

Maybe that was in a separate thread. Considering that you have all of 85 posts, it shouldn't be all that hard to find.  Here it is:

posting.php?mode=quote&p=124843

Pipswich wrote: If you hire an attorney, however, you can stand to recover your lose, damage and court costs, so it might be worth contacting an attorney in the town where the fraud originated.


I cut out the part where you suggested to contact the "Federal Marshalls", I figured it be overkill.


Pipswich wrote: We have no option but to disagree about what constitutes fraud/mail fraud.  My interpretation came from the postal inspector handling the case last fall, but he might be wrong.

I find it extremely hard to believe that any Postal Inspector would say that circumventing Ebay fees is constituting mail fraud.  On the off chance that he/she did say that, they're an idiot, plain and simple.

Pipswich wrote: In response to "Are you making stuff up now? "

I am glad you remember that we argued about whether or not many sellers and buyers gave a fig about feedback early on.  You still insist everyone was anal about it and I certainly know that I didn't give a dern.  I expect that is representative of a significant personality difference.  All I ever cared about was having enough to lend confidence to a buyer that the item would likely be shipped as described.  You seem to actually care about the number itself, for reasons I will never understand.
It's not just my own opinion. People on here alone have told many anecdotes about the wild wild west that was the Ebay Feedback system back in the day.  The number itself matters, as you claimed previously that you had over 10,000 transactions.  Your feedback received and left tells a much different tale.   For whatever reasons, you seemed to think that inflating your feedback score made your opinion more "valid".  I haven't a clue why.

Pipswich wrote:
And, relative to the mailing issues (involving the postal inspectors) that I experienced in the fall, a mother selling her sons figures and forgetting to ship until reminded twice, and a very badly packed $10 paper item are easy to forget about...  although they certainly both deserve less than positive feedback.

Again, the problem doesn't reside with the individual transaction, but more the "body of work" to coin a phrase. You have more difficulties with more sellers than 99% Ebay of the population it seems, up to and including Cougarrinard.  

Pipswich wrote:Thanks for linking to the entire argument about the last time I appeared to grab a buy it now full of modules that got under your skin.  That could be entertaining reading for new members, especially in light of...

Considering that I have nothing really to hide and have been pretty much spot on to this point about you, I am not really sure why this is supposed to reflect poorly on me as you seem to be indicating.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.....

Pipswich wrote:It's funny how every time you jump me on the forum a lot of apparently bargain priced modules manages to get posted.

Is that what this most recent spat is? Here, I thought this was due to someone who had issues with a seller for selling a product that they thought was they same one that they had won a couple of months ago and were lied to by the seller.  Being that the seller brought your name up first is why you were even being discussed.  But hey, who needs facts when you can make sh*t up right?

Pipswich wrote:Last round I closed by pointing out that you appear to be playing petty competitive games over bin's that would provide you a profit.

Competitive games over BINs that would net me a profit?  What in the world does that mean?  I have seen people grasp at straws before, but this may take the cake.

Pipswich wrote:This time, you actually went so far as to both admit to bidding on a module lot that I bought from the seller, but also you admitted to having at least two of everything in the stack.  Your obvious motive for bidding and for the anger and flames is that I interfered with your profit motive.
 My $1.23 bid to try and make sure the seller didn't get ripped off by scamming buyers such as yourself did all of this?  Seriously?


Pipswich wrote:Did the seller take my offer that quickly because he got one from you for half my offer?  My offers often get accepted when someone else tries to convince them the lot is worth much less than I do.

And here you are grasping at straws again. Here is the exact contents of my email to the seller of which was sent after the auction had already closed:

"Hi there, I was wondering why you ended this auction early? I was planning on putting in a much more substantial bid in at the end, something to the tune of ~$100."

To which the seller told me that he had sold the lot for $100 to you.  You can feel free to invite the seller here to refute this.  I know you won't because you've yet to back any of your accusations up, but hey, what the heck I might as well give you the opportunity, right?

Pipswich wrote:And maybe the seller is just a nice guy who was happier to move his games along to a player/collector who actually doesn't have all of them and will put them to good use than an obvious reseller who has two of everthing.  People do have the right to sell as they wish!

Yet another guy just happy as hell to get less than market value for his stuff.  Boy some people are nice to you!

Again, this isn't even considering the fact that you blatantly and willingly circumvented Ebay's rules to your own benefit and compounded by the fact that you were so hypocritical in decrying sellers doing the same thing by charging excessive S&H as "MAIL FRAUD!".  You really can't make this stuff up.

Pipswich wrote:BC, doesn't it really just come down to the fact that you hate my opinions about ebay/paypal and I am winning too many bin's and private deals that upset you?

No, it comes down to me hating scammers and liars. The End.

Pipswich wrote:Oh, and "refuted as nonsense" is gibberish.  You can state what you believe over and over and over and over.  It's still your opinion and I have difficulty believing there aren't a lot of people in this forum who are sitting to the side nodding in agreement about most of us never caring much about feedback early on.

Then what exactly are they waiting for? As noted above, there have been many anecdotes about the old days of the wild west of Ebay feedback, I'll dig then out if I must.

But again what does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?

Pipswich wrote:I will likely get a few private messages about that issue again.
I am sure you will.  I am quite certain that Radovarl is around here hiding somewhere.

Pipswich wrote:But, since you always attack and attack and attack, very few people have the fortitude to step in with an opinion and end up on your bad side...  and no one, especially me can blame them.  You are a classic flaming troll and that's not likely to stop.


:lol:

When in doubt make some stuff up.  Weren't you rambling on not so long ago about a red herring?

Pipswich wrote:I am sure many will note that I stayed quiet on the boards until falsely accused, again.  I suspect this scenario will replay itself every now and then for years, and that as people get to know me better, here and at events, your position will make less and less sense to them.

There is nothing I can do to you that you haven't already done to yourself. As noted before, I couldn't care less if you continue to hang around or not.  I will however continue to let people know what they are dealing with.

Pipswich wrote:Cheers BC.   This was much more fun than last time.  Your motives are better illuminated each time you do this.

As are yours.  I am quite confident in that. :)

Again, until next time.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:Oh, that's easy and I am glad you asked.
To enjoy the expertise and companionship of fellow like-minded collectors and dealers.

:lol:


Pipswich wrote:To encourage BC and anyone else who reads sections of these flaming diatribes not to jump to conclusions and get away with an effective "you are guilty of what we charge until you prove otherwise' strategy to malign competitors and or those they don't like.


Considering that you have yet to actually prove anything that I have said about you wrong and as a matter of fact you have almost seemingly done your best to prove me right is almost unfathomable.

Pipswich wrote:I would like the forum to be a place where meaningful discussions about ebay/paypal policy changes and the collecting community could happen without a minority (or even the majority) accusing those who disagree with them of not being "real sellers" "real buyers" "as experienced" or any of the other shibboleths used to effectively run away (or into hiding) those who disagree with them.

Which is exactly why you felt the need to overinflate your Ebay & PayPal transactions total in those discussions, right?
Pipswich wrote:It's a pipe dream... but the recurrent posts about a couple of retail vendors who are constantly accused of charging too much, get old and are petty.

Well, that's what we discuss here. If you don't like it, feel free to move onto another forum that fits your needs, as we are CLEARLY not it.  

The fact that in this post you decry what this forum is and in the very same post you still insist on wanting to be a part of it all, is pure comedy gold.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche


Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 am 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1882
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:32 am 
 

Brian wrote:I have seen people grasp at straws before, but this may take the cake


mmmmm Cake, he says, derailing the thread til we get more nonsense peddled :lol:


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:35 am 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Active Collector

Posts: 30
Joined: Feb 12, 2009
Last Visit: Feb 15, 2012

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:35 am 
 

Hi, again!

I wanted to let you guys know that I contacted eBay's support service to inquire whether this case was worth of investigation. After supplying some additional information, here's the reply I got:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to gregr3648's claims that the item
you won was damaged and that they are now selling the same item.

We are very concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly
investigated your report. The eBay Privacy Policy prevents me from
discussing the specifics of our investigation. I can tell you, however,
that in this instance we didn't find evidence that a violation occurred.

I understand your concern about this situation, and we can reopen the
investigation if we receive additional information about the possible
violation. Please feel free to contact the SafeHarbor team with
additional information about this account.

Thank you for using eBay for your online trading needs.


So, it seems that, as all of you previously told me, there's no evidence to think that the events occurred differently from what the seller said. It may or may not have happened that way, but at least what could be done was done.

Once again, thank you for your insight on these matters, and also to the members that contacted the seller asking about this issue.

You sure are a resourceful and helpful bunch! :)


"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1882
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:  Feel free to be paranoid and block me even if you are honest and professional.


Okey-dokey - I see gigimgm has 35 wins in the last month so you'de better give us the other ebay handles for the rest of the 90 lots so that I can block them as well.


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:37 am 
 

My brother had a lovely strawberry cake at his wedding last Saturday when I attended the reception in California, hence also explaining my near week-long absence from posting, which I am sure no one noticed. It had actual strawberries inside it, and was very moist and extremely edible. A shame they only allowed one small piece to be nibbled, as, after that one taste, I wanted the whole damn thing!

Oh, sorry. The post about cake made me hunger.


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1882
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 am 
 

serleran wrote:My brother had a lovely strawberry cake at his wedding last Saturday when I attending the reception in California, hence also explaining my near week-long absence from posting, which I am sure no one noticed. It had actual strawberries inside it, and was very moist and extremely edible. A shame they only allowed one small piece to be nibbled, as, after that one taste, I wanted the whole damn thing!


Mrs gyg made an easter cake-thing yesterday - melted chocolate, golden syrup, those pink wafer biscuit things, marshmallows topped with cadburys mini-eggs - mmmmmmmmmm - I can feel my arteries hardening!


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:BC,

Fortunately, for all of us, your ego got out of hand there.  If I thought you defined and were the sum and total of this site, I would certainly abandon it. This community is much larger than any individual, even one with some vocal allies.


I must have missed where I asserted this. This wouldn't be you making stuff up again would it? :lol:

And "vocal" allies? Three other people have posted in the thread since this started up again, one of which was hoping to stop it and two other simply asking you a couple of legit questions.  I can't figure out if this an act to try and garner sympathy or if you're just this paranoid and delusional.

Pipswich wrote:And it is useful to me, in spite of you.

Which part of this community is "useful" to you, considering you again pretty much just ran everyone down in your previous post?
Pipswich wrote:So wish all you want... and flame away... but I see no reason to take you so seriously that I would leave and compromise my own access to those who are less caustic.

Ready?

I don't care if you "take me seriously".

Sorry.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:01 am 
 

And sorry all for the clusterf**k in this thread. :oops:  For that I give you:

Image


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:04 am 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:I am going to address two core issues at once here, again.

In other words you are yet again going to attempt to re-frame the discussion. Surprising.

Pipswich wrote:Unfortunately, no one is proving anything here.  And that is not likely to change.
Actually, yes it has.  Several times as a matter of fact.

Pipswich wrote:I am certainly not going to be forthcoming with private information under these circumstances and no rational person really expects me to.

Not surprising.

Pipswich wrote:You can make a hobby of claiming that as proof that you are right... but it would be an irrational and self-destructive act to attempt to do so.

Right, because everyone should just take you at your word.  I mean you have been so honest and forthcoming so far, right?

Pipswich wrote:And, I note that you keep taking the transaction discussion out of context.

No, I really didn't, I quoted you word for word.  I am not sure how you saying that you had over 10,000 transactions on this account is being taken out of context as being anything other than you've had over 10,000 transactions on this account, but I am sure you'll try to again re-frame the argument to attempt to make it fit. i.e:

Pipswich wrote:First, it was an estimate based on current buying habits.

You overestimated by almost 8500 transactions, which is over 5 times the amount of transactions that you've really had? Seriously?

Pipswich wrote:Second, you falsely assumed you had every user id that I have used on ebay.

So you are reluctant to even give up any information about previous Ebay IDs that you no longer use?  Again, you really don't think anyone on here is actually dumb enough to believe that, right?

Pipswich wrote:Third, we have continued to define what was said differently.

Again, I am not sure how you saying that you have had over 10,000 transactions on this account can be defined as anything else other than I've had 10,000 transactions on this account.

Pipswich wrote:From my perspective, most importantly, the only reason transactions were brought up was because as a relatively new user, I chimed in on a couple of discussions.... expressed opinions that were not in the majority and my opinion dismissed for some of the false reasons stated above.

You over inflated your Ebay numbers to try and make it seem like your opinion was more valid. When you got caught, you threw a shitstorm, kind of like right now.

Pipswich wrote:Rather than being treated respectfully as a newcomer to the site, I was attacked, harassed, and forced into a defensive posture.  I still maintain that the motive for that is that I have purchased items privately and lots on ebay that interfere with some users collecting and commercial interests.  (Not that it is likely to change).

When you disrespect people by telling them bold face lies in an effort to sound better, you can't expect anyone to turn around and treat you with any respect.  You get respect, when you give respect.  Lying to people is not a way of getting respect. Sorry.

Pipswich wrote:Oh, and gyg, your post caught my attention so I went back to my ebay account.  The total is 103 for the last 60 days, so I have apparently slowed down a little bit on ebay... but 35 is not correct for the last 31 days either.  I don't think they come up if no one leaves feedback?  And I have been even less inclined than normal to leave it since BC starting posting my purchases on here.  Frankly, on some of the larger purchases, I ask people not to leave feedback for that very reason.


You're wrong, again.  You may have BID on 103 transactions over the last 60 days(which is conveniently only 13 more than your claimed 90 total transactions for the past 30 days as you stated above.  Over inflation of your supposed buying habits?  Nah, not you. :lol:), Ebay shows ALL of your wins.  Not your losses, just all of your wins.  Leaving feedback does not affect it at all. The End.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3421
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 28, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:38 am 
 

geez Pipswitch, you talk a lot of old [email protected]! I've yet to see anything BC stated disproven or inaccurate.
I guess you are in politics...


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3421
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 28, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:39 am 
 

oh, BC? I hope there is cream to go over the cake!! :)


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 90123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 888990