Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 37 of 102123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 100101102
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:39 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:I did note how quickly you apologized and haven't seen that before but was impressed.  Our last round of communication left me with the feeling that you were convinced of your own infallibility.


I never said I was infallible, nor did I ever claim to never be wrong.   As a matter of fact, I have no issue admitting when I am wrong, when in fact I am wrong.  I will not however admit to being wrong, just because someone's feelings got hurt.
Pipswich wrote:I don't see a reason to fail to use the resource over your posts.

Which doesn't change the fact that you said you were done with it.

Pipswich wrote:I disagree that your assumptions were reasonable.

That's not at all surprising. Feel free to point out they where I was unreasonable.  You can start out by using the 2 things I was going on.

Pipswich wrote:Your frequently correct but occasionally, very off-based assumptions are why we got in an argument to begin with...

No, as a matter of fact, I was dead on. Even to the point that you have no issue ripping off Ebay either, as long it suits your own purpose.  When you compound that with the fact that reason you previously so loudly decried sellers who overcharged S&H costs to "defraud" Ebay, makes it even more hypocritical.

Pipswich wrote:they are also why our courts operate on the presumption of innocence, thank goodness.

As do I.  If you don't give me reason to doubt your innocence, I won't.  As noted, if I am wrong, I have no issue admitting to being so and apologizing.  See above for an example of it.

Pipswich wrote:Subtlety seems to be an issue here.

Subtlety doesn't get the job done.

Pipswich wrote:I am perfectly comfortable caring about sellers and about my own interests.  I seek mutually advantageous business transactions.

No, you really don't, as evidenced many times now. You seek only advantageous business transactions for yourself.  If you at least had the fortitude to admit it openly, people could at least respect it for what it was.  The fact that you put up a facade makes it worse.

Pipswich wrote:What I don't care about... is a third party opinion that is not a party to the transaction... especially when it appears to be formulated as sour grapes or a personal grudge.

I never said that you had to care.  You can also "formulate" whatever reason that you want about it, it doesn't make it anymore true.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche


Last edited by bclarkie on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 pm 
 

Are we going to dance this dance again?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm 
 

JohnGaunt wrote:Are we going to dance this dance again?


Too late.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:07 pm 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:23 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:I will continue to think that your issue is simply that I bought or buy things you want or wanted.

And you'll continue to be wrong. :)  Why stop now, right?

Pipswich wrote:Additionally, you have no idea if Ebay gets the fees or not... you are apparently wired distrustfully and incapable of believing others can work  out reasonable, subtle, ethical solutions to business problems.

When the auction gets closed out for 1/100+ of what it's final price should have been, Ebay gets screwed out of fees.  It's pretty simple.

Pipswich wrote:However, you certainly remembered my posted strategy for how I ensure that they get them since you made fun of one of them. Subtlety apparently gets the job done better than you like.

Right, your fictional off the site payments.  :lol:  Do you REALLY think that anyone is actually dumb enough to believe that?

Pipswich wrote:Believe what you like.  Transaction by transaction as I continue purchasing in this field, honest sellers learn better than you believe of me.

Except those who feel the wrath of your negative feedback and secret 1 star campaign that is.  Oh and of course those who that you negotiate low ball BINs with too.  We can't forget them.

Pipswich wrote:Funny thing is, I figured when you found the large lot closed for a dollar you would reconsider your accusations about the other lots that you consider unreasonably low.

I know what it sold for.  It sold for $100.  I emailed the seller and he emailed me back. Your biggest mistake was doing it on an auction that I intentionally threw in a bid on to try and prevent people from screwing over the seller with a low ball offer.  It's worked pretty well so far, as a matter of fact it help me nail you....again.

Pipswich wrote:As it stands... literally, I just keep getting amazing, extraordinary, "once" in a lifetime deals by convincing people who are literate, computer saavy, and who have access to ebay completed records to make what must be very very foolish business decisions.

Its pretty funny how smart you think that you are. Let me clue in on a little secret: You aren't the first one to negotiate low ball BINs and lie to sellers to take advantage of them.  It's a practice that's been going on for years now. You're not new, you're not special, you're not original and therefore you aren't nearly as "smart" as you think that you are.

Pipswich wrote:Wouldn't a more reasonable conclusion be that I make offers that with full information the sellers believe are in their best interest and accept?

Considering, once again, that I KNOW what the lot sold for makes whatever point that you may have had, moot.

Pipswich wrote:How the seller chooses to accept the offer, I leave up to them and I work out fees as best I can using my own moral compass.

Your moral compass only points one way, it's plain for all to see.

Pipswich wrote:Toodaloo Brian!  Thanks for the fun!


Until next time.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 pm 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:07 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:LOL,  You nailed me at what?  Making an offer and buying something on ebay?

Again, circumventing the bidding system and ripping off a seller.  I didn't think it was that difficult to figure out.  I guess I was wrong. :lol:

Pipswich wrote:And, here, we have in your own words, the first confirmed count of my offer leaving you high and dry on a lot.   It certainly isn't the first one, but at least it is no longer speculation that you are in a conflict of interest position relative to my interests.  


High and Dry?  :lol:

Which part of "I put low ball bids on large lots to prevent sellers from being ripped off" are you struggling with understanding?  

We don't even need to get into the fact that I am most certainly not the only person to do it, nor the fact that I currently own at least 2 of everything that was in that lot.

High and Dry?  :lol:

Pipswich wrote:So sorry you don't like the way I buy, but my goodness, I must have developed a taste for your brand of insult because I am increasingly finding this outrageously funny.

The way that you buy?  Is that how you explain it?  Again too funny.

Pipswich wrote:Oh, and the dsr thing that got you mad at me to begin with.... no one seems to be talking about dsr's too much anymore.  The sky didn't fall... the market didn't end...

Are you deliberately acting obtuse or are you just willfully ignorant?


Pipswich wrote:and I haven't had a serious issue with the seller in quite some time.

Well, except sunnymomgirraffe and ashkingdom.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... &items=200

Roughly 2 transactions with ~30 sellers, or 1for every 15. And those are just the ones that are obviously the negative/neutral feedback left.  You are improving. Sweet!

Pipswich wrote:From my experience, the dsr's look like they forced sellers into better habits and I am a happier buyer because of it.


Apparently not, see above.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:28 pm 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1891
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:30 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:
Additionally, you have no idea if Ebay gets the fees or not... you are apparently wired distrustfully and incapable of believing others can work  out reasonable, subtle, ethical solutions to business problems.  However, you certainly remembered my posted strategy for how I ensure that they get them since you made fun of one of them. Subtlety apparently gets the job done better than you like.


Brian is, of course, making an assumption here - simple enough for you to clear up I would think. IMO a tiny bit of proof would be far more telling than a whole boat-load of talk.


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:LOL, you still think you can track my entire buying and selling, silly you.  You have bid on more than one lot that doesn't have feedback posted from either party... which means they won't pull up.
And therefore you can't leave feedback, nor would you have any problems with sellers who didn't sell to you.

What exactly is your point?

Pipswich wrote:I seem to remember my disinclination to post feedback was an irritant to you once before.

Are you making stuff up now?

Pipswich wrote:Nevertheless, I haven't had to call the post office fraud division

Which means what exactly?

Pipswich wrote:and I eventually got the lot of minis that the woman sold and didn't ship for several weeks.  She got a neutral for "forgetting" to ship. The other guy... shipped a paper collectible in an unsupported soft pack to save money on canada post.... it arrived folded, bent and damaged with a note inside saying that since it was insured that I would have to send the item back to him and he could then file a claim with Canada post and that the process would take 6 weeks after he got the item back.  Since the reason for the damage was poor packing, that's hardly appropriate.  Although the item was loosely D&D related I didn't think he would be selling to any of you or I would have posted the situation on Acaeum.  As it is, if I find his note I will scan it and post it for a few laughs.  It took some nerve to type up his letter and send it to a buyer, even if the packing was ok.   If I remember correctly, the note even indicated he had been thrown off ebay for packing issues once before and was paranoid about it... with good reason.

How exactly does what you bought have anything to do with the fact that you have difficulty with sellers all the time. The fact that you have difficulties with sellers across multiple & different fields might actually make things worse, but certainly not any better.

Pipswich wrote:But yes...  much better than it was in the fall and I am not buying any less than I was.  Perhaps it was just people taking shortcuts around the holidays that caused all the shipping problems in Nov/Dec.

Of course. You seem to find all the "Bad" sellers. It's all just bad luck


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 pm 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1891
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:36 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:As I have stated before, I have no intention of opening my books to the scrutiny of an individual who has shown nothing but malice toward me on this site.  If that confuses any of the rest of you... so be it.


No problem - guess I'm easily confused. I would say though, in my defense, that if I had the means at my disposal to easily refute ill-founded claims against me then I would probably use those means. I can understand not wanting to show privileged information, but there are always ways around them, perhaps using a well respected poster here as an intermediary might work, though I'm sure many people brighter than me could think of other, better ways.

In the meantime, all this smacks to me of "doth protest too much", but, like I say, I'm easily confused.


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:48 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:As I have stated before, I have no intention of opening my books to the scrutiny of an individual who has shown nothing but malice toward me on this site.  If that confuses any of the rest of you... so be it.

Aside from the fact that it's a cop out, I am not even the one who asked.

Pipswich wrote:I posted tonight, to clarify the situation when BC jumped to the conclusion that he had found a secondary ebay user ID and an additional acaeum forum handle for me.  He didn't, and he has apologized for the accusation... not to me, of course, but to the other person involved.

Thanks for the recap.

Pipswich wrote:Further, when I got in the first round of spats with BC it was relative to DSR's and a legal matter that involved the store in NC that sent an empty box of peanuts instead of the limited edition fourth edition DM screen I purchased.  There were lengthy discussions about what constitutes mail fraud and, oddly enough, whether or not the post office would involve their own fraud investigator and Federal prosecutors in a mail fraud crime claim.  (which they did and do).

Feel free to quote me where I said that they wouldn't.  To sum it up, you continued to say that circumventing Ebay fees was mail fraud. It wasn't then and it still isn't. You also advised someone to contact a civil attorney to handle a criminal case.  That said, here are the threads in question:

viewtopic.php?p=125529&highlight=#125529

viewtopic.php?p=126848&highlight=#126848

I'll wait for my quotes where I said that the Mail Service doesn't investigate mail fraud.

Pipswich wrote:It seems odd that BC would claim not to remember the rather long running thread.

I remember them quite well, I just posted a link to them.  You seem to continue to think that making stuff up is somehow helping your case.  It's not.

Pipswich wrote:It also seems odd that he would forget arguments about whether or not for years many ebay users ignored collecting and giveing feedback once they hit 100 or so.

I also remember this quite well and refuted it then as nonsense.  If you'd like I can dig out my remarks that dealt with it as well.


Pipswich wrote:Since, he seems determined to analyze peoples business based on the data available to him... my candid observation that most of us never cared or left it much... for years... disturbed his only means of analyzing other peoples business.

I haven't the slightest idea what you are babbling about here.

Pipswich wrote:I hope to see some of you at GenCon.  And, I hope to continue buying from many of you... this year.  I do sometimes buy from some of you on ebay and on the sites, and I appreciate the quality packing that I have gotten from all of you.  I don't post specific thank you's here for the obvious reason that I am trying not to drag anyone else into the BC attacks that seem to go on like the Energizer bunny.


Another cop out. Surprising.

I really do like how you ignored everything again that I posted and chose to try and re-frame the conversation, like somehow everyone who is reading it doesn't really know what is going on already.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:37 pm 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1891
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I really do like how you ignored everything again that I posted and chose to try and re-frame the conversation, like somehow everyone who is reading it doesn't really know what is going on already.



pipswich wrote:Cheers BC. This was much more fun than last time. Your motives are better illuminated each time you do this.


and your motives are.....?


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 617
Joined: Mar 17, 2008
Last Visit: Jun 25, 2022
Location: Evergreen, CO

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:I haven't had a serious issue with the seller in quite some time.


I probably should just stay out of this, but a quick perusal of your feedback shows you have left 38 out of your last 400 feedbacks as either neutral or negs, for 10 different sellers, dating back only to November 2008.  It seems you have problems with sellers every two weeks!

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:14 am 
 

! everyone loves cake!


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles


Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:17 am 
 

Pipswich wrote:I read through the thread and can't find where I suggested someone contact a civil attorney for a criminal matter.  I do think that the type of attorney and or court that is required can vary due to subtle circumstances beyond my expertise.

Maybe that was in a separate thread. Considering that you have all of 85 posts, it shouldn't be all that hard to find.  Here it is:

posting.php?mode=quote&p=124843

Pipswich wrote: If you hire an attorney, however, you can stand to recover your lose, damage and court costs, so it might be worth contacting an attorney in the town where the fraud originated.


I cut out the part where you suggested to contact the "Federal Marshalls", I figured it be overkill.


Pipswich wrote: We have no option but to disagree about what constitutes fraud/mail fraud.  My interpretation came from the postal inspector handling the case last fall, but he might be wrong.

I find it extremely hard to believe that any Postal Inspector would say that circumventing Ebay fees is constituting mail fraud.  On the off chance that he/she did say that, they're an idiot, plain and simple.

Pipswich wrote: In response to "Are you making stuff up now? "

I am glad you remember that we argued about whether or not many sellers and buyers gave a fig about feedback early on.  You still insist everyone was anal about it and I certainly know that I didn't give a dern.  I expect that is representative of a significant personality difference.  All I ever cared about was having enough to lend confidence to a buyer that the item would likely be shipped as described.  You seem to actually care about the number itself, for reasons I will never understand.
It's not just my own opinion. People on here alone have told many anecdotes about the wild wild west that was the Ebay Feedback system back in the day.  The number itself matters, as you claimed previously that you had over 10,000 transactions.  Your feedback received and left tells a much different tale.   For whatever reasons, you seemed to think that inflating your feedback score made your opinion more "valid".  I haven't a clue why.

Pipswich wrote:
And, relative to the mailing issues (involving the postal inspectors) that I experienced in the fall, a mother selling her sons figures and forgetting to ship until reminded twice, and a very badly packed $10 paper item are easy to forget about...  although they certainly both deserve less than positive feedback.

Again, the problem doesn't reside with the individual transaction, but more the "body of work" to coin a phrase. You have more difficulties with more sellers than 99% Ebay of the population it seems, up to and including Cougarrinard.  

Pipswich wrote:Thanks for linking to the entire argument about the last time I appeared to grab a buy it now full of modules that got under your skin.  That could be entertaining reading for new members, especially in light of...

Considering that I have nothing really to hide and have been pretty much spot on to this point about you, I am not really sure why this is supposed to reflect poorly on me as you seem to be indicating.  Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.....

Pipswich wrote:It's funny how every time you jump me on the forum a lot of apparently bargain priced modules manages to get posted.

Is that what this most recent spat is? Here, I thought this was due to someone who had issues with a seller for selling a product that they thought was they same one that they had won a couple of months ago and were lied to by the seller.  Being that the seller brought your name up first is why you were even being discussed.  But hey, who needs facts when you can make sh*t up right?

Pipswich wrote:Last round I closed by pointing out that you appear to be playing petty competitive games over bin's that would provide you a profit.

Competitive games over BINs that would net me a profit?  What in the world does that mean?  I have seen people grasp at straws before, but this may take the cake.

Pipswich wrote:This time, you actually went so far as to both admit to bidding on a module lot that I bought from the seller, but also you admitted to having at least two of everything in the stack.  Your obvious motive for bidding and for the anger and flames is that I interfered with your profit motive.
 My $1.23 bid to try and make sure the seller didn't get ripped off by scamming buyers such as yourself did all of this?  Seriously?


Pipswich wrote:Did the seller take my offer that quickly because he got one from you for half my offer?  My offers often get accepted when someone else tries to convince them the lot is worth much less than I do.

And here you are grasping at straws again. Here is the exact contents of my email to the seller of which was sent after the auction had already closed:

"Hi there, I was wondering why you ended this auction early? I was planning on putting in a much more substantial bid in at the end, something to the tune of ~$100."

To which the seller told me that he had sold the lot for $100 to you.  You can feel free to invite the seller here to refute this.  I know you won't because you've yet to back any of your accusations up, but hey, what the heck I might as well give you the opportunity, right?

Pipswich wrote:And maybe the seller is just a nice guy who was happier to move his games along to a player/collector who actually doesn't have all of them and will put them to good use than an obvious reseller who has two of everthing.  People do have the right to sell as they wish!

Yet another guy just happy as hell to get less than market value for his stuff.  Boy some people are nice to you!

Again, this isn't even considering the fact that you blatantly and willingly circumvented Ebay's rules to your own benefit and compounded by the fact that you were so hypocritical in decrying sellers doing the same thing by charging excessive S&H as "MAIL FRAUD!".  You really can't make this stuff up.

Pipswich wrote:BC, doesn't it really just come down to the fact that you hate my opinions about ebay/paypal and I am winning too many bin's and private deals that upset you?

No, it comes down to me hating scammers and liars. The End.

Pipswich wrote:Oh, and "refuted as nonsense" is gibberish.  You can state what you believe over and over and over and over.  It's still your opinion and I have difficulty believing there aren't a lot of people in this forum who are sitting to the side nodding in agreement about most of us never caring much about feedback early on.

Then what exactly are they waiting for? As noted above, there have been many anecdotes about the old days of the wild west of Ebay feedback, I'll dig then out if I must.

But again what does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?

Pipswich wrote:I will likely get a few private messages about that issue again.
I am sure you will.  I am quite certain that Radovarl is around here hiding somewhere.

Pipswich wrote:But, since you always attack and attack and attack, very few people have the fortitude to step in with an opinion and end up on your bad side...  and no one, especially me can blame them.  You are a classic flaming troll and that's not likely to stop.


:lol:

When in doubt make some stuff up.  Weren't you rambling on not so long ago about a red herring?

Pipswich wrote:I am sure many will note that I stayed quiet on the boards until falsely accused, again.  I suspect this scenario will replay itself every now and then for years, and that as people get to know me better, here and at events, your position will make less and less sense to them.

There is nothing I can do to you that you haven't already done to yourself. As noted before, I couldn't care less if you continue to hang around or not.  I will however continue to let people know what they are dealing with.

Pipswich wrote:Cheers BC.   This was much more fun than last time.  Your motives are better illuminated each time you do this.

As are yours.  I am quite confident in that. :)

Again, until next time.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 37 of 102123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 100101102