Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 104123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 102103104
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:34 pm 

On Ebay, he normally uses the ID of Gigimgm, however it appears this is a second ID that he used to make the purchase.  The seller in his response to you must have known about the Gigimgm Ebay ID, because he mentioned it to you in his response which allowed me to realize what was going on.

Because I feel particularly Pacino today, it could also be that the seller has pulled this scam off before, and has been asked about the resell more than once, assuming it is the same item being resold, which is probable, but not necessarily true. Maybe the seller uses a stock photo (perhaps self-made) which explains why it would appear to be a resale -- me, I don't really care one way or the other, and would likely avoid the seller if this had happened to me.

So, thanks for pointing the guy out -- I'll be careful to only purchase things I don't really want. ;)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm 

Dimitri Mazieres wrote:Errr... What? Who? When?

I don't know who this other guy is. What I recounted on this thread is true. My eBay account is the only one I have (you may check my feedback here if you want), and me being a lurker here for some time is also true, though I understand how it could seem suspicious. I use this same user name on other RPG forums as well: ENWorld (although I don't post over there much), Against the Shadow (a Midnight forum), and The Fraternity of Shadows - a Ravenloft forum (which currently is having some technical issues, so my account is unavailable for now).

The reason I came here to ask for your opinion, for which I'm grateful, is because I've seen that you have uncovered more than one fraudulent sellers in the past (I've been a lurker even before registering), and thought that if my gut feeling about this episode was correct, someone among you might confirm it, or maybe heard about a similar issue with this seller in the past.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue. Feel free to ask me what you feel necessary to confirm my authenticity. :)

Btw, thanks to napoleonsdad, Deadlord39 and mbassoc2003 for their insight and the info. I currently don't need the book, as I bought a copy that was being sold on Amazon and the seller tells me it was shipped last week, so it should arrive in a matter of days.

serleran wrote:
Because I feel particularly Pacino today, it could also be that the seller has pulled this scam off before, and has been asked about the resell more than once, assuming it is the same item being resold, which is probable, but not necessarily true. Maybe the seller uses a stock photo (perhaps self-made) which explains why it would appear to be a resale -- me, I don't really care one way or the other, and would likely avoid the seller if this had happened to me.

So, thanks for pointing the guy out -- I'll be careful to only purchase things I don't really want. ;)

That's entirely possible as well and something I didn't consider at the time.  :oops:    I am man enough to admit when I am wrong though and I apologize to Dimitri. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:That's entirely possible as well and something I didn't consider at the time.  :oops:    I am man enough to admit when I am wrong though and I apologize to Dimitri. :)

No harm done, bclarkie. I understand that, when it comes to internet and the anonymity of "user names",  it's quite difficult to be certain if someone is who he/she claims to be. :)

Regarding the situation, I may have further information in the near future. Let's see what happens, then.

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:14 pm 

! everyone loves cake!.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:35 pm 

My response:

Hi,

As I've already emailed gigimgm, this isn't the same copy. I've also advised him that if he wants this copy at what he won the other one for, that's fine.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:50 pm 

! everyone loves cake!

Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Funny reading.  I just read back a page or two.  Someone here just loves to jump to conclusions with speculative evidence.  

I did thing BClarkie successfully demonstrated that gigimgm=Pipswich long ago.  I will confirm that for anyone confused.

That really wasn't in doubt. It was already 100% proven.
Pipswich wrote: see no reason to leave the forum permanently or to change user id's, so no need to conspire to figure out how I am communicating.  I do it directly and when I chose to do so.

Do you mean other than saying you were going to do so?
Pipswich wrote:BC has his opinions and I am certain I can't change them for him.  It is pretty entertaining to realize that I managed to get under his skin so much that he sometimes tracks the days since my last post and then out of the blue jumped right back to false assumptions about me.

You give yourself WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much credit.  You are not anywhere close to being important enough to have, "gotten under my skin"

Beyond that, my assumptions were actually quite reasonable, considering:

A) You previously admitted on this forum to having multiple Ebay IDs

B) The seller in question mentioned your currently known Ebay ID.  
Pipswich wrote:And, to restate... my concern for ebay is partially selfish.  If ebay thrives, I can continue buying what I want fairly easily.

Which you could continue to do without it.
Pipswich wrote:And, my concern for sellers is also selfish and in the context of sellers who start auctions for 99c and then lose money on shipping.  I don't want them to stop selling $25 items on ebay for a buck with free shipping... I want to feed them enough postage money so they will keep selling items for a buck hoping for more... and ship them to me for a buck and postage when they are wrong.

Which again has been proven to be false. You don't care about sellers, you only care about you. You even went to the trouble of actually having a seller cancel an auction that already had bids, so you could get it for less than it was worth.  

We don't even need to get into the fact that you screwed Ebay out of fees in the process who you still continue to proclaim as someone else "that you care about".  
Pipswich wrote:and even try to enjoy BClarkie's assaults.

Yes, because I "assault" so many people, so often.  

Strangely, its been two full months since I have "assaulted" anyone(which just happened to be you BTW) and even stranger that I admitted immediately and apologized when I realized I was wrong.  

How about that, huh?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 pm 

! everyone loves cake!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:39 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I did note how quickly you apologized and haven't seen that before but was impressed.  Our last round of communication left me with the feeling that you were convinced of your own infallibility.

I never said I was infallible, nor did I ever claim to never be wrong.   As a matter of fact, I have no issue admitting when I am wrong, when in fact I am wrong.  I will not however admit to being wrong, just because someone's feelings got hurt.
Pipswich wrote:I don't see a reason to fail to use the resource over your posts.

Which doesn't change the fact that you said you were done with it.

Pipswich wrote:I disagree that your assumptions were reasonable.

That's not at all surprising. Feel free to point out they where I was unreasonable.  You can start out by using the 2 things I was going on.

Pipswich wrote:Your frequently correct but occasionally, very off-based assumptions are why we got in an argument to begin with...

No, as a matter of fact, I was dead on. Even to the point that you have no issue ripping off Ebay either, as long it suits your own purpose.  When you compound that with the fact that reason you previously so loudly decried sellers who overcharged S&H costs to "defraud" Ebay, makes it even more hypocritical.

Pipswich wrote:they are also why our courts operate on the presumption of innocence, thank goodness.

As do I.  If you don't give me reason to doubt your innocence, I won't.  As noted, if I am wrong, I have no issue admitting to being so and apologizing.  See above for an example of it.

Pipswich wrote:Subtlety seems to be an issue here.

Subtlety doesn't get the job done.

Pipswich wrote:I am perfectly comfortable caring about sellers and about my own interests.  I seek mutually advantageous business transactions.

No, you really don't, as evidenced many times now. You seek only advantageous business transactions for yourself.  If you at least had the fortitude to admit it openly, people could at least respect it for what it was.  The fact that you put up a facade makes it worse.

Pipswich wrote:What I don't care about... is a third party opinion that is not a party to the transaction... especially when it appears to be formulated as sour grapes or a personal grudge.

I never said that you had to care.  You can also "formulate" whatever reason that you want about it, it doesn't make it anymore true.

Last edited by bclarkie on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 pm 

Are we going to dance this dance again?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Are we going to dance this dance again?

Too late.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:07 pm 

! everyone loves cake!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:23 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I will continue to think that your issue is simply that I bought or buy things you want or wanted.

And you'll continue to be wrong. :)  Why stop now, right?

Pipswich wrote:Additionally, you have no idea if Ebay gets the fees or not... you are apparently wired distrustfully and incapable of believing others can work  out reasonable, subtle, ethical solutions to business problems.

When the auction gets closed out for 1/100+ of what it's final price should have been, Ebay gets screwed out of fees.  It's pretty simple.

Pipswich wrote:However, you certainly remembered my posted strategy for how I ensure that they get them since you made fun of one of them. Subtlety apparently gets the job done better than you like.

Right, your fictional off the site payments.  :lol:  Do you REALLY think that anyone is actually dumb enough to believe that?

Pipswich wrote:Believe what you like.  Transaction by transaction as I continue purchasing in this field, honest sellers learn better than you believe of me.

Except those who feel the wrath of your negative feedback and secret 1 star campaign that is.  Oh and of course those who that you negotiate low ball BINs with too.  We can't forget them.

Pipswich wrote:Funny thing is, I figured when you found the large lot closed for a dollar you would reconsider your accusations about the other lots that you consider unreasonably low.

I know what it sold for.  It sold for $100.  I emailed the seller and he emailed me back. Your biggest mistake was doing it on an auction that I intentionally threw in a bid on to try and prevent people from screwing over the seller with a low ball offer.  It's worked pretty well so far, as a matter of fact it help me nail you....again.

Pipswich wrote:As it stands... literally, I just keep getting amazing, extraordinary, "once" in a lifetime deals by convincing people who are literate, computer saavy, and who have access to ebay completed records to make what must be very very foolish business decisions.

Its pretty funny how smart you think that you are. Let me clue in on a little secret: You aren't the first one to negotiate low ball BINs and lie to sellers to take advantage of them.  It's a practice that's been going on for years now. You're not new, you're not special, you're not original and therefore you aren't nearly as "smart" as you think that you are.

Pipswich wrote:Wouldn't a more reasonable conclusion be that I make offers that with full information the sellers believe are in their best interest and accept?

Considering, once again, that I KNOW what the lot sold for makes whatever point that you may have had, moot.

Pipswich wrote:How the seller chooses to accept the offer, I leave up to them and I work out fees as best I can using my own moral compass.

Your moral compass only points one way, it's plain for all to see.

Pipswich wrote:Toodaloo Brian!  Thanks for the fun!

Until next time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 pm 

! everyone loves cake!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:07 pm 

Pipswich wrote:LOL,  You nailed me at what?  Making an offer and buying something on ebay?

Again, circumventing the bidding system and ripping off a seller.  I didn't think it was that difficult to figure out.  I guess I was wrong. :lol:

Pipswich wrote:And, here, we have in your own words, the first confirmed count of my offer leaving you high and dry on a lot.   It certainly isn't the first one, but at least it is no longer speculation that you are in a conflict of interest position relative to my interests.  

High and Dry?  :lol:

Which part of "I put low ball bids on large lots to prevent sellers from being ripped off" are you struggling with understanding?  

We don't even need to get into the fact that I am most certainly not the only person to do it, nor the fact that I currently own at least 2 of everything that was in that lot.

High and Dry?  :lol:

Pipswich wrote:So sorry you don't like the way I buy, but my goodness, I must have developed a taste for your brand of insult because I am increasingly finding this outrageously funny.

The way that you buy?  Is that how you explain it?  Again too funny.

Pipswich wrote:Oh, and the dsr thing that got you mad at me to begin with.... no one seems to be talking about dsr's too much anymore.  The sky didn't fall... the market didn't end...

Are you deliberately acting obtuse or are you just willfully ignorant?

Pipswich wrote:and I haven't had a serious issue with the seller in quite some time.

Well, except sunnymomgirraffe and ashkingdom.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... &items=200

Roughly 2 transactions with ~30 sellers, or 1for every 15. And those are just the ones that are obviously the negative/neutral feedback left.  You are improving. Sweet!

Pipswich wrote:From my experience, the dsr's look like they forced sellers into better habits and I am a happier buyer because of it.

Apparently not, see above.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:28 pm 

! everyone loves cake!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:30 pm 

Pipswich wrote:
Additionally, you have no idea if Ebay gets the fees or not... you are apparently wired distrustfully and incapable of believing others can work  out reasonable, subtle, ethical solutions to business problems.  However, you certainly remembered my posted strategy for how I ensure that they get them since you made fun of one of them. Subtlety apparently gets the job done better than you like.

Brian is, of course, making an assumption here - simple enough for you to clear up I would think. IMO a tiny bit of proof would be far more telling than a whole boat-load of talk.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 pm 

Pipswich wrote:LOL, you still think you can track my entire buying and selling, silly you.  You have bid on more than one lot that doesn't have feedback posted from either party... which means they won't pull up.
And therefore you can't leave feedback, nor would you have any problems with sellers who didn't sell to you.

What exactly is your point?

Pipswich wrote:I seem to remember my disinclination to post feedback was an irritant to you once before.

Are you making stuff up now?

Pipswich wrote:Nevertheless, I haven't had to call the post office fraud division

Which means what exactly?

Pipswich wrote:and I eventually got the lot of minis that the woman sold and didn't ship for several weeks.  She got a neutral for "forgetting" to ship. The other guy... shipped a paper collectible in an unsupported soft pack to save money on canada post.... it arrived folded, bent and damaged with a note inside saying that since it was insured that I would have to send the item back to him and he could then file a claim with Canada post and that the process would take 6 weeks after he got the item back.  Since the reason for the damage was poor packing, that's hardly appropriate.  Although the item was loosely D&D related I didn't think he would be selling to any of you or I would have posted the situation on Acaeum.  As it is, if I find his note I will scan it and post it for a few laughs.  It took some nerve to type up his letter and send it to a buyer, even if the packing was ok.   If I remember correctly, the note even indicated he had been thrown off ebay for packing issues once before and was paranoid about it... with good reason.

How exactly does what you bought have anything to do with the fact that you have difficulty with sellers all the time. The fact that you have difficulties with sellers across multiple & different fields might actually make things worse, but certainly not any better.

Pipswich wrote:But yes...  much better than it was in the fall and I am not buying any less than I was.  Perhaps it was just people taking shortcuts around the holidays that caused all the shipping problems in Nov/Dec.

Of course. You seem to find all the "Bad" sellers. It's all just bad luck

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 104123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 102103104