Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 104123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:28 am 

And for the record:

1. Pipes burst due to cold. The last I heard, Georgia wasn't next to Minnesota.

2. An item that has been sold wouldn't (well, SHOULDN'T) be on the floor of a bathroom.

I once lost a DG to water damage, through no fault of my own, but the bursting bathroom story is bullshit.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 pm 

Received this in response to a very similar poke....
No this isn't the same copy as the one that was damaged. I buy, sell, and trade hundreds of books, games, and comics every month; mostly thru a local store. If Gigimgm wants this copy for what he would have won the other for, that's fine with me.

Seems like it's your's if you want it, Dimitri.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:If Gigimgm wants this copy for what he would have won the other for, that's fine with me

Wait, what?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

viewtopic.php?p=126950&highlight=#126950

bclarkie wrote:With that said, believe me, I have no doubt you will be back.  Either under this ID or some other ID pretending to be some one else and trying to hide who you really are.  The ones who flame out the loudest ALWAYS come back(See your good buddy Radovarl and his 6 or so user names as proof on this forum alone), I have seen it at least a hundred times now on internet forums.   It took you all of 19 days after the previous flame out to come back, so we'll just set the over/under number at 20 days and work from there.

Until next time.

God, I should get PAID to do this stuff.   :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm 

one and the same?? oh, now thats funny...turning up as a 'lurker' the next post after being tagged as a caring buyer doing deals behind the back of ebay!
great work!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 pm 

Okay. I'm lost. WIll someone spell it out for me?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Received this in response to a very similar poke....

Seems like it's your's if you want it, Dimitri.

it looks as though this is the same person as Pipswitch who used to post here...?

assuming the Gigi buyer that was mentioned in the reply to you, is the same Gigi that appears to be pipswitch ebay ID.... maybe I've read something into it that isn't there...  8)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:06 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Okay. I'm lost. WIll someone spell it out for me?

ashmire is pretty close.  Our new friend in this thread "Dmitiri" is just a new posting ID here for Pipswich, the guy who flamed out twice on here.  After he flamed out the second time, I predicted(apparently quite correctly) that he'd be back, either under the same ID or a new posting ID, of which it now appaears he chose the "new ID" route.

On Ebay, he normally uses the ID of Gigimgm, however it appears this is a second ID that he used to make the purchase.  The seller in his response to you must have known about the Gigimgm Ebay ID, because he mentioned it to you in his response which allowed me to realize what was going on.

Make sense now?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
ashmire is pretty close.  Our new friend in this thread "Dmitiri" is just a new posting ID here for Pipswich, the guy who flamed out twice on here.  After he flamed out the second time, I predicted(apparently quite correctly) that he'd be back, either under the same ID or a new posting ID, of which it now appaears he chose the "new ID" route.

On Ebay, he normally uses the ID of Gigimgm, however it appears this is a second ID that he used to make the purchase.  The seller in his response to you must have known about the Gigimgm Ebay ID, because he mentioned it to you in his response which allowed me to realize what was going on.

Make sense now?

And what usually happens next is either the person who just got caught (Dimitri Mazieres) starts denying out the wazoo, perhaps slowly at first, that he's not who he's being accused of being, and then things get VERY animated (and interesting!) or the accused runs and hides.  Let's see what happens next.......

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:24 pm 

I just hope we don't have to go through the "You guys are being mean to my friend" routine.  :P

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:25 pm 

Errr... What? Who? When?

I don't know who this other guy is. What I recounted on this thread is true. My eBay account is the only one I have (you may check my feedback if you want), and me being a lurker here for some time is also true, though I understand how it could seem suspicious. I use this same user name on other RPG forums as well: ENWorld (although I don't post over there much), Against the Shadow (a Midnight forum), and The Fraternity of Shadows - a Ravenloft forum (which currently is having some technical issues, so my account is unavailable for now).

The reason I came here to ask for your opinion, for which I'm grateful, is because I've seen that you have uncovered more than one fraudulent sellers in the past (I've been a lurker even before registering), and thought that if my gut feeling about this episode was correct, someone among you might confirm it, or maybe heard about a similar issue with this seller in the past.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue. Feel free to ask me what you feel necessary to confirm my authenticity. :)

Btw, thanks to napoleonsdad, Deadlord39 and mbassoc2003 for their insight and the info. I currently don't need the book, as I bought a copy that was being sold on Amazon and the seller tells me it was shipped last week, so it should arrive in a matter of days.

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Last edited by Dimitri Mazieres on Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:34 pm 

Because I feel particularly Pacino today, it could also be that the seller has pulled this scam off before, and has been asked about the resell more than once, assuming it is the same item being resold, which is probable, but not necessarily true. Maybe the seller uses a stock photo (perhaps self-made) which explains why it would appear to be a resale -- me, I don't really care one way or the other, and would likely avoid the seller if this had happened to me.

So, thanks for pointing the guy out -- I'll be careful to only purchase things I don't really want. ;)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm 

Dimitri Mazieres wrote:Errr... What? Who? When?

I don't know who this other guy is. What I recounted on this thread is true. My eBay account is the only one I have (you may check my feedback here if you want), and me being a lurker here for some time is also true, though I understand how it could seem suspicious. I use this same user name on other RPG forums as well: ENWorld (although I don't post over there much), Against the Shadow (a Midnight forum), and The Fraternity of Shadows - a Ravenloft forum (which currently is having some technical issues, so my account is unavailable for now).

The reason I came here to ask for your opinion, for which I'm grateful, is because I've seen that you have uncovered more than one fraudulent sellers in the past (I've been a lurker even before registering), and thought that if my gut feeling about this episode was correct, someone among you might confirm it, or maybe heard about a similar issue with this seller in the past.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue. Feel free to ask me what you feel necessary to confirm my authenticity. :)

Btw, thanks to napoleonsdad, Deadlord39 and mbassoc2003 for their insight and the info. I currently don't need the book, as I bought a copy that was being sold on Amazon and the seller tells me it was shipped last week, so it should arrive in a matter of days.

serleran wrote:
Because I feel particularly Pacino today, it could also be that the seller has pulled this scam off before, and has been asked about the resell more than once, assuming it is the same item being resold, which is probable, but not necessarily true. Maybe the seller uses a stock photo (perhaps self-made) which explains why it would appear to be a resale -- me, I don't really care one way or the other, and would likely avoid the seller if this had happened to me.

So, thanks for pointing the guy out -- I'll be careful to only purchase things I don't really want. ;)

That's entirely possible as well and something I didn't consider at the time.  :oops:    I am man enough to admit when I am wrong though and I apologize to Dimitri. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:That's entirely possible as well and something I didn't consider at the time.  :oops:    I am man enough to admit when I am wrong though and I apologize to Dimitri. :)

No harm done, bclarkie. I understand that, when it comes to internet and the anonymity of "user names",  it's quite difficult to be certain if someone is who he/she claims to be. :)

Regarding the situation, I may have further information in the near future. Let's see what happens, then.

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:14 pm 

! everyone loves cake!.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:35 pm 

My response:

Hi,

As I've already emailed gigimgm, this isn't the same copy. I've also advised him that if he wants this copy at what he won the other one for, that's fine.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:50 pm 

! everyone loves cake!

Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 pm 

Pipswich wrote:Funny reading.  I just read back a page or two.  Someone here just loves to jump to conclusions with speculative evidence.  

I did thing BClarkie successfully demonstrated that gigimgm=Pipswich long ago.  I will confirm that for anyone confused.

That really wasn't in doubt. It was already 100% proven.
Pipswich wrote: see no reason to leave the forum permanently or to change user id's, so no need to conspire to figure out how I am communicating.  I do it directly and when I chose to do so.

Do you mean other than saying you were going to do so?
Pipswich wrote:BC has his opinions and I am certain I can't change them for him.  It is pretty entertaining to realize that I managed to get under his skin so much that he sometimes tracks the days since my last post and then out of the blue jumped right back to false assumptions about me.

You give yourself WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much credit.  You are not anywhere close to being important enough to have, "gotten under my skin"

Beyond that, my assumptions were actually quite reasonable, considering:

A) You previously admitted on this forum to having multiple Ebay IDs

B) The seller in question mentioned your currently known Ebay ID.  
Pipswich wrote:And, to restate... my concern for ebay is partially selfish.  If ebay thrives, I can continue buying what I want fairly easily.

Which you could continue to do without it.
Pipswich wrote:And, my concern for sellers is also selfish and in the context of sellers who start auctions for 99c and then lose money on shipping.  I don't want them to stop selling $25 items on ebay for a buck with free shipping... I want to feed them enough postage money so they will keep selling items for a buck hoping for more... and ship them to me for a buck and postage when they are wrong.

Which again has been proven to be false. You don't care about sellers, you only care about you. You even went to the trouble of actually having a seller cancel an auction that already had bids, so you could get it for less than it was worth.  

We don't even need to get into the fact that you screwed Ebay out of fees in the process who you still continue to proclaim as someone else "that you care about".  
Pipswich wrote:and even try to enjoy BClarkie's assaults.

Yes, because I "assault" so many people, so often.  

Strangely, its been two full months since I have "assaulted" anyone(which just happened to be you BTW) and even stranger that I admitted immediately and apologized when I realized I was wrong.  

How about that, huh?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 pm 

! everyone loves cake!

Last edited by Pipswich on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 104123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 102103104