Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 104123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:40 pm 

Has anybody read his "Feedback left for others" page?

Feedback Profile

Page upon page of Negative and Mutually Withdrawn feedback.

I feel sorry for anybody who ever did business with this person.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:59 pm 

This thread needed a bump anyways, it was buried 3 pages back now.

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... AA:US:1123

Good old gigimgm aka Pipswich caring about sellers again.  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:12 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This thread needed a bump anyways, it was buried 3 pages back now.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Good old gigimgm aka Pipswich caring about sellers again.  :lol:

What the hell....?  Clearly there must have been a deal on the side, much to the chagrin of Ebay...   :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:33 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
What the hell....?  Clearly there must have been a deal on the side, much to the chagrin of Ebay...   :roll:

Oh, there most certainly was and I am certain that it was for less than the auction would have went for if left alone to run to its conclusion.  

Nothing like ignoring the entire bidding process altogether.  Why let a silly thing like another bidder already being in on the auction to get in the way of getting it shut down to make a private deal.  He cares about sellers.  :lol:

ETA: Oh and I forgot, he also cares about people "defrauding" Ebay through high S&H fees too, so I am certain that he will be calculating the difference in final value fees that Ebay is going to be losing out on by not letting the auction run to its conclusion and just forwarding those on as well.   :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:45 pm 

Hi!

I've been a lurker for some time now, but I'd like to submit the following case to your consideration:

Back in January, I got lucky and won an eBay auction for a NM copy of In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil for a couple of bids above the initial price. After paying for it, I receive a message from the seller telling me that his bathroom pipes busted and the book got soaked, so he would refund me the money. Since he clearly stated that the book was ruined, I accepted the refund. He said he would later re list the item as damaged, but something rang a bell in my head, or something. Couldn't tell you what it was, since it seemed like a plausible reason.

Now, I find that the following item has been listed:

D&D RPG Planescape - In the Cage A Guide to Sigil

It seems kind of strange, don't you think? Same seller, same item, same picture, almost same description...

It seems to me as if the seller thought that the winning bid was too low, and he could try to get a better price on a second auction, if he waited some time. Do you think I'm just being paranoid?

Should I report this seller to eBay?

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 pm 

Back in January, I got lucky and won an eBay auction for a NM copy of In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil for a couple of bids above the initial price. After paying for it, I receive a message from the seller telling me that his bathroom pipes busted and the book got soaked, so he would refund me the money. Since he clearly stated that the book was ruined, I accepted the refund. He said he would later re list the item as damaged, but something rang a bell in my head, or something. Couldn't tell you what it was, since it seemed like a plausible reason.

Sounds like a new spin on lost in the mail.  Too bad you didn't ask the seller to take a picture of the water soaked item and send it to you.  Nothing you can do now, except what you just did.  I might hesitate to bid on any items from this seller.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:Sounds like a new spin on lost in the mail.  Too bad you didn't ask the seller to take a picture of the water soaked item and send it to you.  Nothing you can do now, except what you just did.  I might hesitate to bid on any items from this seller.

Yes, I should have been a bit more skeptical about the story... I guess I should blame it on not having this kind of problems in the past with other sellers...

And the worst part is that I didn't want to leave feedback until I saw this "damaged" copy listed, and now I can't do it. :(

So, do you think it would be futile to report him to eBay? It kind of pisses me off to realize this...

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 pm 

Dimitri Mazieres wrote:Yes, I should have been a bit more skeptical about the story... I guess I should blame it on not having this kind of problems in the past with other sellers...

And the worst part is that I didn't want to leave feedback until I saw this "damaged" copy listed, and now I can't do it. :(

So, do you think it would be futile to report him to eBay? It kind of pisses me off to realize this...

I suspect it would be futile.  You don't have a lock-tight case and they really don't have investigators for this kind of thing.  eBay's Customer Service is basically non-existent, especially when they aren't losing any money.  

You did the best thing you could; report the situation to us.  It's really not much, but it's better than nothing. :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:21 pm 

I suspect it would be futile.  You don't have a lock-tight case and they really don't have investigators for this kind of thing.  eBay's Customer Service is basically non-existent, especially when they aren't losing any money.  

You did the best thing you could; report the situation to us.  It's really not much, but it's better than nothing.

Speaking for myself and based on this information I probably won't bid on any of this seller's items.  IMO, there is nothing more aggravating than winning an item at a low price and then have to listen to an excuse as to why it wasn't delivered.

Bids are valuable to a seller.  When you lose bids because of a trust issue I think in the long run this seller will lose more dollars than he would of had he just taken it in the shorts to begin with.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 am 

I sent him an e-mail questioning the existence of two auctions for the same item. I'll see if I can make him squirm.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:28 am 

And for the record:

1. Pipes burst due to cold. The last I heard, Georgia wasn't next to Minnesota.

2. An item that has been sold wouldn't (well, SHOULDN'T) be on the floor of a bathroom.

I once lost a DG to water damage, through no fault of my own, but the bursting bathroom story is bullshit.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:26 pm 

Received this in response to a very similar poke....
No this isn't the same copy as the one that was damaged. I buy, sell, and trade hundreds of books, games, and comics every month; mostly thru a local store. If Gigimgm wants this copy for what he would have won the other for, that's fine with me.

Seems like it's your's if you want it, Dimitri.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:If Gigimgm wants this copy for what he would have won the other for, that's fine with me

Wait, what?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

viewtopic.php?p=126950&highlight=#126950

bclarkie wrote:With that said, believe me, I have no doubt you will be back.  Either under this ID or some other ID pretending to be some one else and trying to hide who you really are.  The ones who flame out the loudest ALWAYS come back(See your good buddy Radovarl and his 6 or so user names as proof on this forum alone), I have seen it at least a hundred times now on internet forums.   It took you all of 19 days after the previous flame out to come back, so we'll just set the over/under number at 20 days and work from there.

Until next time.

God, I should get PAID to do this stuff.   :P

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm 

one and the same?? oh, now thats funny...turning up as a 'lurker' the next post after being tagged as a caring buyer doing deals behind the back of ebay!
great work!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 pm 

Okay. I'm lost. WIll someone spell it out for me?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Received this in response to a very similar poke....

Seems like it's your's if you want it, Dimitri.

it looks as though this is the same person as Pipswitch who used to post here...?

assuming the Gigi buyer that was mentioned in the reply to you, is the same Gigi that appears to be pipswitch ebay ID.... maybe I've read something into it that isn't there...  8)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:06 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Okay. I'm lost. WIll someone spell it out for me?

ashmire is pretty close.  Our new friend in this thread "Dmitiri" is just a new posting ID here for Pipswich, the guy who flamed out twice on here.  After he flamed out the second time, I predicted(apparently quite correctly) that he'd be back, either under the same ID or a new posting ID, of which it now appaears he chose the "new ID" route.

On Ebay, he normally uses the ID of Gigimgm, however it appears this is a second ID that he used to make the purchase.  The seller in his response to you must have known about the Gigimgm Ebay ID, because he mentioned it to you in his response which allowed me to realize what was going on.

Make sense now?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
ashmire is pretty close.  Our new friend in this thread "Dmitiri" is just a new posting ID here for Pipswich, the guy who flamed out twice on here.  After he flamed out the second time, I predicted(apparently quite correctly) that he'd be back, either under the same ID or a new posting ID, of which it now appaears he chose the "new ID" route.

On Ebay, he normally uses the ID of Gigimgm, however it appears this is a second ID that he used to make the purchase.  The seller in his response to you must have known about the Gigimgm Ebay ID, because he mentioned it to you in his response which allowed me to realize what was going on.

Make sense now?

And what usually happens next is either the person who just got caught (Dimitri Mazieres) starts denying out the wazoo, perhaps slowly at first, that he's not who he's being accused of being, and then things get VERY animated (and interesting!) or the accused runs and hides.  Let's see what happens next.......

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 104123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 102103104