Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 104123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 102103104
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Where does it say that?

There's a whole thread devoted to creep1962 here:

viewtopic.php?t=3078&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=creep1962&start=0

The discussion with creepydealer begins on page 57 of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=2608&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1120

Here's an example of what Mike was talking about:

creepydealer wrote:Brian, you've the wrong evaluation. I didn't by any stretch of words say anything derogutory about 90% of my market. Number 1, 90% is number you have used without any data to support that 90% of RPG buyers are here, I'm sure the most intelligent have better things to do with their time than waste it as chidlren like you and I have. Number 2 YOU Brian, are the number one person I have decided to attack ... this for your rude, aggressive behavior. As I recall, you couldn't take it when the egg was thrown back, and resorted to FU's. The people I clearly was reffering to, were anyone, and everyone, who thinks the market is not poised to take major leaps in value. And people should not attempt to control that by proclaiming the buyers willing to pay more for gems as morons or idiots.

And you say BS Mr RPG_auctions ? However, you just wrote 2 or 3 hours ago, inquiring about one of my auctions.    What the heck ??? Thats kinda funny.

Sure, there are alot of people here who game and collect. But the BEST collectors are not here. The collectors who have the MOST money to spend, do not have time for this forum. They are to busy making money ! And the day will come, I will join this elite bunch. And its thousands more than are members here.

When I no longer post, you'll know why ! And its thousands more than are members here.

He's a creep.  What you say is what you are! :lol:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Where does it say that?

For the first time in history, Creep has nothing for sale, auction or store.  He hasn't had anything since early October, EBay's new DSR rules finally took effect. Because of his low DSRs (one under 4.0), per Ebay's rules he can no longer list new auctions or store items, and I think he must have known this was coming for awhile and just let his sales run out (or be cancelled).  My guess is that he's let the Creep name go and he'll start up under a new name, there is no way in hell he is getting those DSRs to any sort of acceptable level.

Miike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 am 

That's funny "the best collectors are not here"

Where are they then?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:57 am 

Blackmoor wrote:That's funny "the best collectors are not here"

Where are they then?

In Creep's mind.....apparantly along with really slow shipping times (the worst offender in his DSRS, with a 3.6 rating....sheesh).

Looking at Creep's completed sales, it appears he either shut down or was booted off in September, I can't see anything past August there.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 am 

Badmike wrote:

In Creep's mind.....apparantly along with really slow shipping times (the worst offender in his DSRS, with a 3.6 rating....sheesh).

Looking at Creep's completed sales, it appears he either shut down or was booted off in September, I can't see anything past August there.

Mike B.

well another asshole bites the dust.  Good riddance :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:26 pm 

Only a fucktard would use the term "creep" as an identifier. Might as well have used "iwillscrewyou1962".

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:47 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Only a fucktard would use the term "creep" as an identifier. Might as well have used "iwillscrewyou1962".

PDT_Armataz_01_37  I must agree. lol

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:34 am 

On one of the very last feedbacks it looks like he took a parting gift from someone for just over $US500 too!! 8O :evil:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:40 pm 

Has anybody read his "Feedback left for others" page?

Feedback Profile

Page upon page of Negative and Mutually Withdrawn feedback.

I feel sorry for anybody who ever did business with this person.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:59 pm 

This thread needed a bump anyways, it was buried 3 pages back now.

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... AA:US:1123

Good old gigimgm aka Pipswich caring about sellers again.  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:12 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This thread needed a bump anyways, it was buried 3 pages back now.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Good old gigimgm aka Pipswich caring about sellers again.  :lol:

What the hell....?  Clearly there must have been a deal on the side, much to the chagrin of Ebay...   :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:33 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
What the hell....?  Clearly there must have been a deal on the side, much to the chagrin of Ebay...   :roll:

Oh, there most certainly was and I am certain that it was for less than the auction would have went for if left alone to run to its conclusion.  

Nothing like ignoring the entire bidding process altogether.  Why let a silly thing like another bidder already being in on the auction to get in the way of getting it shut down to make a private deal.  He cares about sellers.  :lol:

ETA: Oh and I forgot, he also cares about people "defrauding" Ebay through high S&H fees too, so I am certain that he will be calculating the difference in final value fees that Ebay is going to be losing out on by not letting the auction run to its conclusion and just forwarding those on as well.   :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:45 pm 

Hi!

I've been a lurker for some time now, but I'd like to submit the following case to your consideration:

Back in January, I got lucky and won an eBay auction for a NM copy of In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil for a couple of bids above the initial price. After paying for it, I receive a message from the seller telling me that his bathroom pipes busted and the book got soaked, so he would refund me the money. Since he clearly stated that the book was ruined, I accepted the refund. He said he would later re list the item as damaged, but something rang a bell in my head, or something. Couldn't tell you what it was, since it seemed like a plausible reason.

Now, I find that the following item has been listed:

D&D RPG Planescape - In the Cage A Guide to Sigil

It seems kind of strange, don't you think? Same seller, same item, same picture, almost same description...

It seems to me as if the seller thought that the winning bid was too low, and he could try to get a better price on a second auction, if he waited some time. Do you think I'm just being paranoid?

Should I report this seller to eBay?

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 pm 

Back in January, I got lucky and won an eBay auction for a NM copy of In the Cage: A Guide to Sigil for a couple of bids above the initial price. After paying for it, I receive a message from the seller telling me that his bathroom pipes busted and the book got soaked, so he would refund me the money. Since he clearly stated that the book was ruined, I accepted the refund. He said he would later re list the item as damaged, but something rang a bell in my head, or something. Couldn't tell you what it was, since it seemed like a plausible reason.

Sounds like a new spin on lost in the mail.  Too bad you didn't ask the seller to take a picture of the water soaked item and send it to you.  Nothing you can do now, except what you just did.  I might hesitate to bid on any items from this seller.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:Sounds like a new spin on lost in the mail.  Too bad you didn't ask the seller to take a picture of the water soaked item and send it to you.  Nothing you can do now, except what you just did.  I might hesitate to bid on any items from this seller.

Yes, I should have been a bit more skeptical about the story... I guess I should blame it on not having this kind of problems in the past with other sellers...

And the worst part is that I didn't want to leave feedback until I saw this "damaged" copy listed, and now I can't do it. :(

So, do you think it would be futile to report him to eBay? It kind of pisses me off to realize this...

"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 pm 

Dimitri Mazieres wrote:Yes, I should have been a bit more skeptical about the story... I guess I should blame it on not having this kind of problems in the past with other sellers...

And the worst part is that I didn't want to leave feedback until I saw this "damaged" copy listed, and now I can't do it. :(

So, do you think it would be futile to report him to eBay? It kind of pisses me off to realize this...

I suspect it would be futile.  You don't have a lock-tight case and they really don't have investigators for this kind of thing.  eBay's Customer Service is basically non-existent, especially when they aren't losing any money.  

You did the best thing you could; report the situation to us.  It's really not much, but it's better than nothing. :?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:21 pm 

I suspect it would be futile.  You don't have a lock-tight case and they really don't have investigators for this kind of thing.  eBay's Customer Service is basically non-existent, especially when they aren't losing any money.  

You did the best thing you could; report the situation to us.  It's really not much, but it's better than nothing.

Speaking for myself and based on this information I probably won't bid on any of this seller's items.  IMO, there is nothing more aggravating than winning an item at a low price and then have to listen to an excuse as to why it wasn't delivered.

Bids are valuable to a seller.  When you lose bids because of a trust issue I think in the long run this seller will lose more dollars than he would of had he just taken it in the shorts to begin with.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 am 

I sent him an e-mail questioning the existence of two auctions for the same item. I'll see if I can make him squirm.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 104123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 102103104