Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 104123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 pm 

A quick offer of a full refund makes the transaction sound a bit shady.

Sorry, I should have used the shady word to reference my own transactions, not HermitfromPluto's.  I do think it is important to note that when you open a Paypal claim against a seller and that seller issues a full refund that claim is closed.  In most cases that is a good thing except when the seller doesn't want you have the item because you won it cheaply.

In my cases I paid for the items, waited around for several weeks, email the sellers, wait some more for a reply that doesn't come, and finally file a Paypal claim.  Next thing I know is I have full refunds.  One seller offered no explanation (other than leaving positive feedback for me) and the other seller used the lost in the mail routine.

It's pretty obvious that they didn't get the price they wanted or made an outside sale.  Does getting the refund make me feel "whole"?  Not really.  I invested my time and lost the use of my money for several weeks and in the end nothing really happens to them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:40 am 

Yeah. I feel remiss for posting that in here now  :oops: , but didn't want to start a new thread when posing my question. That Seller has my very highest recommendation. Such a strange situation having two parcels posted at the same time and the valuable one not arriving until 10 days later - really had me worried.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:45 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Yeah. I feel remiss for posting that in here now  :oops: , but didn't want to start a new thread when posing my question. That Seller has my very highest recommendation. Such a strange situation having two parcels posted at the same time and the valuable one not arriving until 10 days later - really had me worried.

Pfft.. I recently had two packages posted from the UK same size/weight from the same seller both sea, one went air anyway and arrived in 4 days, the other took 3 months.. but at least it arrived;)

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:48 am 

Don't bother with newhobby905, though I doubt he carries much here most would want.

Bought a pair of books.  One arrived in good, fairly accurate condition, the other with far more wear than advertised.  ("Excellent" condition my ass.)

That however, isn't the worst of it.  Paid roughly accurate shipping costs (about $10), yet they arrived with 4 regular stamps slapped on the envelope (total: about $2) and postage due. :evil:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:16 pm 

did anyone buy something from this seller?

eBay listings

I bought a Complete Warlock book to him... and never received it. One month later I emailed him and he said that he forgot to send it and will send soon. Still nothing... And now, he is removed from ebay...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:35 pm 

I was just wondering if someone who's in the business could tell me how long it takes to issue a refund from PayPal?  

Also, is there a waiting time between issuing the refund and it appearing on my account or is it an instantaneous ?

BTW, this problem involves a well established shop, not an Ebay transaction.

Thanks,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:21 pm 

PaulKM wrote:I was just wondering if someone who's in the business could tell me how long it takes to issue a refund from PayPal?  

Also, is there a waiting time between issuing the refund and it appearing on my account or is it an instantaneous ?

BTW, this problem involves a well established shop, not an Ebay transaction.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul, when I've done it, it's in their account within 24 hours.  It shouldn't take very long at all.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:41 pm 

The actual refund may take a bit of time to appear if the other party does not have a balance in their account but in any case, paypal should send you an email immediately notifying you that a refund is on the way.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:40 pm 

Thanks Mike, Mars.  It's amazing what a few phone calls can accomplish.  The refund arrived an hour after I wrote for advice.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 pm 

A quick look back at a dumbass who came here a couple years ago telling up we didn't know a thing about selling RPGs. Seems he's out of business now due to low DSRS:

Feedback Profile

Bye Bye Creep1962!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:43 am 

Badmike wrote:A quick look back at a dumbass who came here a couple years ago telling up we didn't know a thing about selling RPGs. Seems he's out of business now due to low DSRS:

Feedback Profile

Bye Bye Creep1962!

Mike B.

Where does it say that?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:54 am 

There is nothing there saying that he is no longer a member of Ebay.  It is a bit odd that he has nothing up for sale.  No minis, no overpriced modules....nothing.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Where does it say that?

There's a whole thread devoted to creep1962 here:

viewtopic.php?t=3078&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=creep1962&start=0

The discussion with creepydealer begins on page 57 of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=2608&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1120

Here's an example of what Mike was talking about:

creepydealer wrote:Brian, you've the wrong evaluation. I didn't by any stretch of words say anything derogutory about 90% of my market. Number 1, 90% is number you have used without any data to support that 90% of RPG buyers are here, I'm sure the most intelligent have better things to do with their time than waste it as chidlren like you and I have. Number 2 YOU Brian, are the number one person I have decided to attack ... this for your rude, aggressive behavior. As I recall, you couldn't take it when the egg was thrown back, and resorted to FU's. The people I clearly was reffering to, were anyone, and everyone, who thinks the market is not poised to take major leaps in value. And people should not attempt to control that by proclaiming the buyers willing to pay more for gems as morons or idiots.

And you say BS Mr RPG_auctions ? However, you just wrote 2 or 3 hours ago, inquiring about one of my auctions.    What the heck ??? Thats kinda funny.

Sure, there are alot of people here who game and collect. But the BEST collectors are not here. The collectors who have the MOST money to spend, do not have time for this forum. They are to busy making money ! And the day will come, I will join this elite bunch. And its thousands more than are members here.

When I no longer post, you'll know why ! And its thousands more than are members here.

He's a creep.  What you say is what you are! :lol:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Where does it say that?

For the first time in history, Creep has nothing for sale, auction or store.  He hasn't had anything since early October, EBay's new DSR rules finally took effect. Because of his low DSRs (one under 4.0), per Ebay's rules he can no longer list new auctions or store items, and I think he must have known this was coming for awhile and just let his sales run out (or be cancelled).  My guess is that he's let the Creep name go and he'll start up under a new name, there is no way in hell he is getting those DSRs to any sort of acceptable level.

Miike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 am 

That's funny "the best collectors are not here"

Where are they then?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:57 am 

Blackmoor wrote:That's funny "the best collectors are not here"

Where are they then?

In Creep's mind.....apparantly along with really slow shipping times (the worst offender in his DSRS, with a 3.6 rating....sheesh).

Looking at Creep's completed sales, it appears he either shut down or was booted off in September, I can't see anything past August there.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 am 

Badmike wrote:

In Creep's mind.....apparantly along with really slow shipping times (the worst offender in his DSRS, with a 3.6 rating....sheesh).

Looking at Creep's completed sales, it appears he either shut down or was booted off in September, I can't see anything past August there.

Mike B.

well another asshole bites the dust.  Good riddance :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:26 pm 

Only a fucktard would use the term "creep" as an identifier. Might as well have used "iwillscrewyou1962".

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 104123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 102103104