Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 104123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 102103104
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:We already know he's shady, but:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This is copyright infringement of the Acaeum's site, no?

Kinda high starting bid?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:28 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Did you have to send the item back?  I am having a similiar issue to this right now :x

Sorry I took so long to respond. No, I did not. They just flat refunded my money, probably because the guy didn't even bother to respond to them. Dunno what to do about that, kinda blows man.

Zen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:44 pm 

We already know he's shady, but:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeon-Master-Kit- ... mpire-Quee n_W0QQitemZ280248998998QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2545QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

This is copyright infringement of the Acaeum's site, no?

For an item of this value why would one use a stock photo? :?   You would think they would want to get several quality photos of it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:22 pm 

g026r wrote:
It's been far too long now, but I'll keep that in mind if it happens again. :)

not with most C/C companies.. mine I think has 120 day limit (maybe is 180! I can't remember) much longer than paypal anyway and much faster as well..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:27 am 

g026r wrote:Today's story is called "Well, you better believe that's getting you some bad shipping time DSRs."

So I won a few items from adventuregamestore.  Won them on the 28th of June to be exact, and was sent an invoice and paid for it the same day.

Today I got an email from them informing me because of the July 4th weekend they had only just shipped the item.  The July 4th weekend that was a week and a half ago as well as being a week after I had paid for the items in the first place.

The email address looked familiar, and digging around it seems that this is a new account for dragonslairgamesfl (Check out those DSRs, folks!), who I had problems with in the past.*  Had I known, I would have just skipped bidding on these in the first place.

* Won an item and was charged for a flat rate envelope. Item showed up a month and a half later in a manila envelope at a quarter the charged shipping cost.  When I complained, I was told that it had been shipped out flat rate envelope -- despite the evidence I had sitting in front of me.  Yeah, I was pissed.

Follow-up on this one:

Arrived today.  Shipping costs were accurate, and at least a padded mailer was used this time.  A backing board would have been preferred though, as it still got bent and shoved into my mailbox.  :roll:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:59 pm 

g026r wrote:
Follow-up on this one:

Arrived today.  Shipping costs were accurate, and at least a padded mailer was used this time.  A backing board would have been preferred though, as it still got bent and shoved into my mailbox.  :roll:

I'm sure a backing board is good, but not always, I had backing that the sender put in front and back of the envelope and the mailman still bent it and crammed it into my mailbox, I prefer people to actually write "DO NOT BEND" on the package itself.

Sorry for going off topic.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:49 am 

I'd recommend that everyone here avoid this seller: moneytime_pawn_shop  (I should have known that dealing with a pawn shop wasn't a good idea.  lol)

Anyway, I was interested in one of the 2E campaign sourcebook splatbooks that they were selling.  I first asked a question to make sure the book was complete and that the map was attached in the back.  They said it was and that the book is like new and in mint condition.  I made an offer and they accepted.  I promptly paid and received the book fairly quickly.  Sounds good so far, right?

As you can imagine... the book was incomplete.  The map was missing and it isn't as if it wasn't obvious that it was removed from the perforated edges poking out of the rear near the binding.  I then e-mailed them and explained that the book was not as advertised (map was detached and missing) and I would like a refund.  They then explained that they normally charge a 20% restocking fee, but they would be kind enough to wave that, in my case, since it wasn't either of our faults for what happened.  (Huh?)  How nice of them, right?  Anyway, they refused to refund my shipping costs (for shipping both ways).  I explained that since the problem is completely their fault, I shouldn't be penalized by paying for shipping.  They refused and then went into a BS story about how they checked the book and everything looked to be intact, so they did their part.  Obviously, they appear to have lied and never checked the book in the first place, considering the condition when I received it.  There is no way they checked it... they probably just assumed it had the map still.

Anyway, at least I got my purchase price back, but I lost like $8 in shipping costs (for shipping both ways).  It isn't like I made a purchase and changed my mind or something.  This was a case of the seller answering completely incorrectly about the condition and then refusing to fess up to this to save them a few shipping bucks.  Greedy bastards.  Misrepresenting (even accidentally) their products and then not making things right... uncool!

Mostly... I just hated the fact that they kept claiming that they checked the book to see if the map was present right up to the end.  Do they think I was born yesterday?  Did the map fairy appear that evening and remove it just to foil things?  lol

/rant

~Kat  ^_^

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:00 pm 

Not sure this one applies here yet, but recently received some books from an auction I won -- it was a 5 book auction. I received 3 books. Of those three, none were what was listed in the auction.

I have sent a question to the seller, so I await a response.

If it is not satisfactory, I'll list the seller's name here and file a dispute as I greatly dislike being lied to.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 am 

On a recent auction that I won I asked the question ahead of time about postage costs to Canada and was told:
proirity internation mail would be $11.00-will combine other items to save on shipping.....if there is a cheaper shipping method let me know.

The item arrived today in a plain brown envelope with no padding or backing board with the post office stamp showing $2.66.

I just sent the following question to the seller:
Hello, the book arrived today and I wanted to ask if you made a mistake on the $11.00 postage that you charged me. The stamp on the envelope indicates that the actual postage was $2.66. Do you really charge over $7.00 on a small item for handling?

If I don't receive a satisfactory reply I will post his information.

Also, his listing did not have much description and omitted that some of the illustrations had their captions underlined in marker.  :x

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:42 pm 

Seller had already sent me a refund for the difference in postage to my paypal account.

I must have missed the email.  8O

All fixed!  :D

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:30 am 

This thieving fucker has stolen my money.

vicarsvice

For this never turned up.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

And this sneaky lying cunting cunt stalled me with emails and "oh, I just found it, it slipped behind two boxes" whining bullshit until it was too late to claim my money back. And because I have not been ripped off by for ages, I have gotten out of the habit of using my credit card for paypal transactions and used my bank instead. Does anyone know - is there a way I can find out where this horsefucker lives, so I can get my cousins (who live over there) to pop over, take a crow bar to his chest, pull out his lying bloody lungs and send me some pics, so I can post them on facebook.  Aaaaaaarrghh !!!!!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 am 

Did you neg him? You can file a chargeback, Red.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:33 am 

Cheers Frank, to late though.  He stalled and stalled.  :roll:

It's OK though, I have calmed down now. What I am going to do is set up an alternate ebay account, and whenever he sells something else (even if it is in six months), I will drop him a polite email/question, see if I can get some personal information (address or telephone etc..) and then ruin his life.  Job done.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:01 pm 

red_bus wrote:... take a crow bar to his chest, pull out his lying bloody lungs and send me some pics, so I can post them on facebook.

And this is why I added you as a Facebook friend. Looking forward to the pics!  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:32 pm 

red_bus wrote:Cheers Frank, to late though.  He stalled and stalled.  :roll:

It's OK though, I have calmed down now. What I am going to do is set up an alternate ebay account, and whenever he sells something else (even if it is in six months), I will drop him a polite email/question, see if I can get some personal information (address or telephone etc..) and then ruin his life.  Job done.  :D

Simple yet elegant. Give 'em hell, my man.  Or, just buy something from him and neg the hell out of him.....you owe him one.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 pm 

red_bus

Use this link to find the sellers contact information.

eBay listings

Even though it's past the 60 dispute window, I would use the blue "Report this item" link at the bottom of the listing and select the following options.

Reason for Report

Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc)

Detailed Reason

You paid but didn't receive your item

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:56 pm 

Bad deal from CCG Armory.

They listed a DCC#30 boxed  tournament module as in stock. I order it, pay through paypal, get a shipping invoice. Then when I check the tracking info I find nothing so I email and they say it is on back order. I ask how they can back order an item that the publisher of the game is out of stock on. They tell me that they will remove the listing tuesday. No word about refunded my money or why they charged for stock they didn't have. I will probably have to file a claim with paypal.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:29 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Bad deal from CCG Armory.

They listed a DCC#30 boxed  tournament module as in stock. I order it, pay through paypal, get a shipping invoice. Then when I check the tracking info I find nothing so I email and they say it is on back order. I ask how they can back order an item that the publisher of the game is out of stock on. They tell me that they will remove the listing tuesday. No word about refunded my money or why they charged for stock they didn't have. I will probably have to file a claim with paypal.

Yeah I had a similar problem with them though I had used a credit card so nothing got charged.  I believe they just don't update the site to much for things like this.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 32 of 104123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 102103104