Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 104123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 102103104
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:23 pm 

Today's story is called "Well, you better believe that's getting you some bad shipping time DSRs."

So I won a few items from adventuregamestore.  Won them on the 28th of June to be exact, and was sent an invoice and paid for it the same day.

Today I got an email from them informing me because of the July 4th weekend they had only just shipped the item.  The July 4th weekend that was a week and a half ago as well as being a week after I had paid for the items in the first place.

The email address looked familiar, and digging around it seems that this is a new account for dragonslairgamesfl (Check out those DSRs, folks!), who I had problems with in the past.*  Had I known, I would have just skipped bidding on these in the first place.

* Won an item and was charged for a flat rate envelope. Item showed up a month and a half later in a manila envelope at a quarter the charged shipping cost.  When I complained, I was told that it had been shipped out flat rate envelope -- despite the evidence I had sitting in front of me.  Yeah, I was pissed.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Last edited by g026r on Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:27 pm 

g026r wrote:Today's story is called "Well, you better believe that's getting you some bad shipping time on DSRs."

So I won a few items from adventuregamestore.  Won them on the 28th of June to be exact, and was sent an invoice and paid for it the same day.

Today I got an email from them informing me because of the July 4th weekend they had only just shipped the item.  The July 4th weekend that was a week and a half ago as well as being a week after I had paid for the items in the first place.

The email address looked familiar, and digging around it seems that this is a new account for dragonslairgamesfl (Check out those DSRs, folks!), who I had problems with in the past.*  Had I known, I would have just skipped bidding on these in the first place.

* Won an item and was charged for a flat rate envelope. Item showed up a month and a half later in a manila envelope at a quarter the charged shipping cost.  When I complained, I was told that it had been shipped out flat rate envelope -- despite the evidence I had sitting in front of me.  Yeah, I was pissed.

Thanks for the heads up warning.

Unfortunately I have already bid on and won several items from this seller.

Cant wait to see them all come in one manilla envlope all bent and crapped on...... :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:32 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Thanks for the heads up warning.
Unfortunately I have already bid on and won several items from this seller.

Cant wait to see them all come in one manilla envlope all bent and crapped on...... :roll:

The item, from what I recall, wasn't actually in any worse condition than described.  It was just their customer service that left a lot to be desired.

Hopefully they show up fine for you.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:33 am 

Badmike wrote:
Which is why I charge for shipping..and still have a 4.6 in that category.  Because the "free shipping" idea is a complete scam thrown out by ebay so they can make more money.....they make no money on shipping costs, and they know to protect their bottom line most sellers will up their item costs just a bit...which simply puts more money in Ebay's pocket. Free shipping.

To put it bluntly, I would lose more money with Free Shipping that I ever would by losing a discount I will never reach.  That Jason doesn't have a 4.9 shipping is really pretty much what I expected out of the system, so I decided not to play the game.  Ebay has rigged it so that they won't have to pay the discount, AND they will make money on the front end with your higher auction fees. Win-Win for them.  No thanks for me!

More proof that it's a scam is that Ebay won't let you see what customers leave for their DSRs.  If you can't retaliate with negs, why should this matter? Well, because if someone leaves low DSRs, you could still block them....and this would lead to less sales, and less money in Ebay's pocket. Otherwise, they'd let you know who is wrecking your discount and allow you to either block them or at least email them and ask them what you did wrong.

Mike B.

To put it bluntly, I would lose more money with Free Shipping that I ever would by losing a discount I will never reach.

Amen and Hurrah! The entire system is fixed so that feebay maximizes their own return. They don't give a hoot about the people that make the site work.

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 am 

eBay listings

The above seller has some D&D items.....but I would avoid. I asked her if the supermodules had the mapbooks included, and her response was "I can't tell, sorry!"  I would assume that means....no?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:52 pm 

Badmike wrote:eBay listings

The above seller has some D&D items.....but I would avoid. I asked her if the supermodules had the mapbooks included, and her response was "I can't tell, sorry!"  I would assume that means....no?

I asked if they would ship to Canada :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:08 pm 

Badmike wrote:eBay listings

Mike B.

I asked her the same question again TWICE.

From two seperate Super modules listings.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:41 pm 

Well, I had my problem resolved. If you recall, I purchased an Oriental Adventures book where some pages fell out of the book when I opened it, this defect was obviously not mentioned in the auction description. The seller never returned any of my emails, and I escalated it to PayPal. After 2 weeks, the seller did not reply to PayPal's inquiries either, and sure enough, I was refunded the amount I paid. Yay!!

Seems that if you're a seller, ignoring the problem just isn't a solution. PayPal seems to side on the buyer, at least in my case, with zero communication.

Zenfinite

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 pm 

Yeah, if you have a problem and the seller doesn't communicate/respond, PayPal will give your money back -- I've had to do that three times in my limited experience using it, and each time, PayPal sided with me. It takes a little longer, but seems to be foolproof. I can say I like that.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:54 pm 

I asked if they would ship to Canada

Wonder what Canada ever did to her :cry: Style :?:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 pm 

eBay listings

Mike B.

What she was really saying when asked about the mapbooks was "no mapbooks but I don't want to tell you that because you might not bid" :roll:

Nice set of DSR's, BTW :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 pm 

Zenfinite wrote:Well, I had my problem resolved. If you recall, I purchased an Oriental Adventures book where some pages fell out of the book when I opened it, this defect was obviously not mentioned in the auction description. The seller never returned any of my emails, and I escalated it to PayPal. After 2 weeks, the seller did not reply to PayPal's inquiries either, and sure enough, I was refunded the amount I paid. Yay!!

Seems that if you're a seller, ignoring the problem just isn't a solution. PayPal seems to side on the buyer, at least in my case, with zero communication.

Zenfinite

Nice, and good on you for not giving in.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:23 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:
What she was really saying when asked about the mapbooks was "no mapbooks but I don't want to tell you that because you might not bid" :roll:

Nice set of DSR's, BTW :wink:

Bingo!

Thus the Shady Dealer's thread....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:02 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:Nice set of DSR's, BTW :wink:

No kidding, it sounds like a bad pickup line:  "Hey baby, you got a nice set of DSRs.".

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:03 pm 

g026r wrote:Today's story is called "Well, you better believe that's getting you some bad shipping time DSRs."

Not sure if you paid by credit card through Paypal on this, but if so, you can request a partial refund for shipping directly through your credit card company.

I had a similar problem with a seller named biddingbonanza (I believe they were FINALLY shut down), who shipped me out "flat rate" for two books (a DMG and a PHB), double-charging the shipping  ($15 total) and then mailing them out together by Media Mail.

I went through the motions in both Paypal and Ebay disputes. Yet after almost two months of this REALLY obvious partial refund that Paypal could've issued for over-charging, they wouldn't resolve the dispute in my favor.  Suffice it to say, I called up mastercard and they issued the refund immediately, especially since it was only for $10.

Hopefully that helps.

Mike.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 pm 

misterspock wrote:Hopefully that helps.

Mike.

It's been far too long now, but I'll keep that in mind if it happens again. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:25 pm 

Zenfinite wrote:Well, I had my problem resolved. If you recall, I purchased an Oriental Adventures book where some pages fell out of the book when I opened it, this defect was obviously not mentioned in the auction description. The seller never returned any of my emails, and I escalated it to PayPal. After 2 weeks, the seller did not reply to PayPal's inquiries either, and sure enough, I was refunded the amount I paid. Yay!!

Zenfinite

Did you have to send the item back?  I am having a similiar issue to this right now :x

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:21 pm 

We already know he's shady, but:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This is copyright infringement of the Acaeum's site, no?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 31 of 104123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 102103104