Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 104123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:22 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Christsakes! four pages isn't enough for this nonsense?  :?

I think we can all agree that this seller is a shipping profiteer with a questionable attitude and shaky understanding of how eBay works. Then again, he's not the one who did not ask EXACTLY how much the combined shipping total would be.

All due respect, Aneoth ... you seem like a decent guy and all that, but you're not entirely blameless here. One simple question asked and none of this is even happening.

Asbestos suit (+1, +3 vs. lemurs) is now on; flame away, Acaeum high priests!

Ebay has rules about charging a fair amount for shipping, and if a seller intends on combing items into one package those rules remian in place. So the buyer doesn't have to expect some scam artist trying to milk an extra $40 out of multiple wins.

Its like the sellers who post that once they've put something in the mail they wash their hands of it, but they better have some proof of shipping or they will lose a chargeback or paypal claim if package doesn't arrive.

No, buyers do not have to make sure the seller is honest, sellers just have to be honest, period, or face what is coming to them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:48 pm 

Hi Gang,

Does anybody know Matt from Centerstage... It's been two months and three emails (no responses) since I paid... Should I be concerned?

David

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:01 pm 

Matt's a good guy - I know he was having major internet problems recently.  Will try to see if I can find out what is going on for you.  I can vouch for him - he must be having some problem...

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:28 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:.....$15 to ship a few books is still ridiculous. I would insist they get shipped Priority with DC and insurance. Even at that, it will probably cost him ten bucks tops.

He stated he would ship Priority, which will cost between 9.80 and 10.60 from him to me.
I do not think that a 5 dollar over his cost charge is enough for me to continue to argue further with this guy.

Especially when he started at 48.65 (Individually), then 39 (combined), then pay all his E-Bay listing and sale fees and get nothing, and now down to 15........ and get it all.
IF I get all seven of the books in good condition, then I will walk away a pleased buyer, and I will feel that I did well enough on this one.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:29 am 

davidc wrote:Hi Gang,

Does anybody know Matt from Centerstage... It's been two months and three emails (no responses) since I paid... Should I be concerned?

David

Hi David:

I think you should be mildly concerned...but everything I know about Matt and Centerstage indicates that he is a standup guy and a trustworthy seller.

I would advise patience as there may be some problem Matt is working out.  Contact him again.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:32 am 

davidc wrote:Hi Gang,

David

What Mark Shipley said - keep trying and good luck.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:15 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Huge-Lot-of-Assorte ... dZViewItem

I remember a scam years ago where they advertise a certain retail dollar value and unload 1 of each decent item and 50 copies each of crap CCGs. This reminds me so much of that.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 am 

JZavoda wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

I remember a scam years ago where they advertise a certain retail dollar value and unload 1 of each decent item and 50 copies each of crap CCGs. This reminds me so much of that.

The auction is more aimed at resellers than collectors, and if I were a reseller, I think I would want an accurate inventory before bidding.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:00 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
The auction is more aimed at resellers than collectors, and if I were a reseller, I think I would want an accurate inventory before bidding.

well his comms and shipping DSR are pretty crappy.

plus its for a reseller for sure as there are only ~40 different titles in a lot of ~1200 books, so what, ~30 of each title?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
well his comms and shipping DSR are pretty crappy.

plus its for a reseller for sure as there are only ~40 different titles in a lot of ~1200 books, so what, ~30 of each title?

Al

Yes that looks correct.. 30 cases 40 titles.. 50cents each.. I don't know if its that a good a deal to be honest.. those aren't big sellers and most I know can be had for a couple of $$ not, so $1 each is about all you'll get...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:55 am 

beasterbrook wrote:
Yes that looks correct.. 30 cases 40 titles.. 50cents each.. I don't know if its that a good a deal to be honest.. those aren't big sellers and most I know can be had for a couple of $$ not, so $1 each is about all you'll get...

Brette:)

well lets face it, if they HAD been good sellers, would he have been offloading them like that? :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:59 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
well lets face it, if they HAD been good sellers, would he have been offloading them like that? :)

Sure, yesterdays junk, like orange B3's or Judges Guild catalogs that get tossed in dumpsters, metagaming microgames, fanzines where the 90% of the production runs sat on the ownders shelf because of a minimum printing order... lots of items get liquadated then become valuable.

I worked in a liquadation wholesalers back in the 80's. We received pallets of Power of the Force figures and Marvel secret wars and DC characters that we sold to retail outlets at $350 per 1000 figures. 3 years later those same figures were going for at least $10 each. Take a look at the comic book marketplace in the last few years. The RPG marketplace has always been the same. There is an ocean of stuff going cheap, then a lake then a pond, then it dries up and the prices start going up.

What some of these liqaudators do is to offer a pig in a poke or a salted mine. You might receive 1 of each listed item and the rest 100's of some worthless overpriced item. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with this dealer before because it looks like a salted mine deal.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:51 am 

JZavoda wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

The titles listed are all third-tier collectibles from the 3.0 era, including a lot of Sovereign Stone items and the sci-fi stuff that I assume did not sell very well.  The Lost City of Gaxmoor and Gryffon's Legacy were the only items I noted worth reading.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:18 pm 

(THIS IS A DUPLICATE POST)
ALSO POSTED in the NON TSR FUN FINDS THREAD.

Well Several E-Mails back and forth with the seller bickering over shipping costs and FINALLY they are here. They arrived today.

I now have my copies of All the Worlds' Monsters I (Second Edition) and All the Worlds' Monsters III (First Edition) along with the Arduin Grimoire's 1 and 3 and some other less notable items.

SWEET..............
All the Worlds' Monsters........
Edited by Jeff Pimper and Steve Perrin (Chaosim Inc. Published them)
Volume I incudes 265 entries. 112 pages.
Volume III includes 238 entries. 112 pages

Can't wait to study them later this week.
Too busy right now though.   Darnit..........

about 500 new monsters found nowhere else.........  well almost........ 8)
:lol:  :twisted: muwahahahahahaha  :twisted:  :lol:

Patience sometimes pays.......... 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:54 am 

Aneoth wrote:about 600 new monsters found nowhere else.........

The nightgaunt & Nyarlothotep have had a little bit of additional exposure.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:04 am 

FormCritic wrote:
The titles listed are all third-tier collectibles from the 3.0 era, including a lot of Sovereign Stone items and the sci-fi stuff that I assume did not sell very well.  The Lost City of Gaxmoor and Gryffon's Legacy were the only items I noted worth reading.

Yup, what he said. :D
Of course, there's always a chance that one or more of those items will be incredibly rare in 30-40 years, but there's no way to determine which ones, or if anyone will care at that time.  It won't be the Lost City of Gaxmoor., though.  People are all over that one.

YIM  

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 am 

sauromatian wrote:
The nightgaunt & Nyarlothotep have had a little bit of additional exposure.

I have never had the opportunity to read through that particular book.
Does the write-up for Nyarlalthotep have any information about the"masks" or "thousand-faces" that appears in the later Chaosium CoC books?

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:07 am 

Which volume are they in?

It's appearing that Vol. II is the hardest to get though, as I've seen several people mentioning that they have I & III, but not II.  Dammit, means I'll have to fight more for it. ;)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 104123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 102103104