Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 104123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Christsakes! four pages isn't enough for this nonsense?  :?

I don't know...I've been finding it interesting.   :D

I keep wondering if the seller will come around...if Aenoth with burn him in some way...if he'll get any of the cool items he won.

Three pages isn't that much.    :shaking2:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:36 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Actually I DID ask and he answerd that he would combine shipping.

That's not the same thing at all.

As is obvious from this ongoing drama, asking if he would combine shipping was not the real issue. You needed to ask exactly how much of a price break you would be getting.

Did you really think that a guy who charges $6.95 to ship a single thin Arduin booklet was suddenly going to give you a great bargain?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:37 pm 

Aneoth
Verbose Collector

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:34 am    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 killjoy32 wrote:
 his shipping is per item individually. if he combines them, he is ripping you off, to make greater funds for himself and has not offered you the same deal.

if you want the ittems, i would pay for them individually and then DSR the hell out of him. and well either neutral or neg him too - as he won't be able to do that to you.

if you dont want the items, do the fees deal.

either way, learning lesson for you next time anny. always ask about multiple items ahead of time to prevent yourself falling into the same trap again.

Al

I asked him before listings ended, but alas I did not see them until late, so I decided to bid anyway.
BTW His reply was   Quote:
 YES! I will combine shipping....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:......Did you really think that a guy who charges $6.95 to ship a single thin Arduin booklet was suddenly going to give you a great bargain?

Yes, I did..............
I trust and believe in folks honesty and that they will do the right thing until they prove that they do not deserve that trust.

I have only had this sort of problem once before with another seller.
The other incident ended well though.

This guy is the second and it is not going to end well at all and for that I am truly dissapointed.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:48 pm 

No idea what the Killjoy thing above is supposed to signify. You've lost me. :?

Aneoth wrote:Yes, I did..............

Leopards don't change their spots that way. At least eBay leopards don't.

A guy who will charge $6.95 to ship a thin booklet is obviously looking to pad his bottom line with shipping profits; that same guy will not suddenly begin offering bargains just for winning two of those booklets.

Whatever. I don't have a dog in this fight. I suppose I'll just have to agree with that old messageboards philosophy of "Aren't there other threads you could read here, Xaxaxe?"

Yes. Yes, there are.

+++++

Oooohhhh ... nice Orange B3, BTW. I just noticed it.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 pm 

I'm sure Vick would be happy to help you out with the dog situation.
There is no question, none whatsoever, that the seller is trying to screw both Annie AND eBay. I would be willing to bet that he has never had a buyer question him before, and he will probably think twice about his shipping fees in the future.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:01 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Oooohhhh ... nice Orange B3, BTW. I just noticed it.  :wink:

Thanks, and yes there are many other threads to read.

I did not know my first post would spawn four pages of posts.
My main intent was to simply complain and whine (Which I did) and secondly to warn all the other members here to AVOID that guy (Which I did).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:14 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:+3 vs. lemurs
Now you're talking crazy -- my job here is done.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:00 am 

Sometimes you just have to stand up for your rights and hope for Justice..... even if it hurts...
ok, i`ve read the section you sent me in addition to some other stuff. the bottom line is i think we both have a valid argument. we can go back and forth all day , whatever.i`m not like that and i like to think that i`m reasonable. so how about we bury the hatchet here and move in a positive direction that we can both win at. so how about this; i will resend the invoice with shipping being $15 total, you pay what ever that total is (not in front of me at the moment) , you give me some positive feedback i will do the same for you.i don`t need the extra profit i would much rather make this a poistive experience for both of us and we both keep 100% feedback and both get what we want.is that a fair enough deal for you? the deal may have gotten ugly half way through but it can finish on a fair and happy note, a electronic handshaking if you will. so assuming that is acceptable here is what i would like to do:let me know if thats oki`ll send the updated invoiceyou pay it and send over some positive feedbacki will ship the same time (tonight if you read this quick enough) and give you the same positive feedback back we can both move on as friends, old time gamers (i`ve actually played with Gygax, to show my age :P) and in peace... pete

well aint this an interesting developement?
I am now waiting for the revised invoice with my ever so eager Paypal account.

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:16 am 

nice to see some folk can come to their senses. even though they have to be brutally kicked beforehand.

well done anny

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:35 am 

Aneoth,

I hope you replied with the same tone as his last email.  Yeah, it took a kick in the nuts to get him on the same page, but I think you should be equally as "nice" in return.  

Great job of standing up for yourself.  Now it remains to be seen if the seller will alter his policies.  I personally do not think so.  He's tired of dealing with a buyer (Aneoth) that knows what he's doing.  He will go back to his terrible shipping and handling policies because others will not fight him like you did.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:41 am 

Aneoth wrote:Sometimes you just have to stand up for your rights and hope for Justice..... even if it hurts...

well aint this an interesting developement?
I am now waiting for the revised invoice with my ever so eager Paypal account.

Impressive.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 am 

You may notice he said he will send after you leave good feedback. DO NOT leave feedback until you get the items. Once you leave it, you are porked. Wait till they get there and all are present and in good condition. Otherwise he may ship you one book out of the lot just to get a tracking number, or some other tomfoolery.
Is tomfoolery a Brit word?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:44 am 

well the guy cant leave negative feedback anyway so who cares :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:42 am 

True, Al, but he CAN ship only one item, or ship damaged ones, amongst other things. Then Annie has to drag him through a Paypal dispute, etc.
CYA.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 am 

Prufrock wrote:Aneoth,

I hope you replied with the same tone as his last email.  Yeah, it took a kick in the nuts to get him on the same page, but I think you should be equally as "nice" in return.  

Great job of standing up for yourself.  Now it remains to be seen if the seller will alter his policies.  I personally do not think so.  He's tired of dealing with a buyer (Aneoth) that knows what he's doing.  He will go back to his terrible shipping and handling policies because others will not fight him like you did.

Martin

Actually, I gave him full credit for the solution.
Pete,

I think that You have come up with an excellent solution.
I will send payment (via Paypal) as soon as possible once I have the revised invoice.
Thank you, and Best regards.
Aneoth

And as for the feedback remark, I also noticed it and his feedback will be left AFTER I receive ALL of the items, OR we will continue this charade.
I simply pretended not to see that comment when I replied to his last E-Mail.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:34 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:DO NOT leave feedback until you get the items.

Good policy for all purchases.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 pm 

I think I'm pretty lenient when it comes to leaving feedback. I have only dinged a very few sellers, and those were for legitimate reasons, mostly due to shipping issues. We've all had them: the pristine module sent in a paper mailing envelope with a $6.50 shipping charge, the stack of modules sent with no packing materials in a huge box, etc.
I suck ass at packing, which is why I have my wife do it. Since she took over, I have not had a damaged item yet, and not for lack of trying on the part of the Post Office.
$15 to ship a few books is still ridiculous. I would insist they get shipped Priority with DC and insurance. Even at that, it will probably cost him ten bucks tops.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 104123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 102103104