Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 104123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:28 pm 

Mars wrote:I think Ebay's policy on the matter is that it takes 10 days for a NPB to go through.  I don't think it states what a seller can or can't do in the meantime.  Although, should the seller decide to relist the items, I'm sure you could make a case for the "Non Selling Seller".

Ebay does not allow you file a NPB on deadbeats until 7 full days have passed.  It will allow a mutual cancellation of an auction(s) to happen in less time, but if you are going for the deadbeat bidder NPB strike, the consol refuses to let you you open it until a full 7 days have passed since the auctions close.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:33 pm 

JZavoda wrote:
Not what the rep from ebay told me.  What I was told was, if a buyer doesn't pay in 7 days the seller can refuse to sell to him and get his FVF back (which I had to do) and any negs left by the buyer will be removed.

Turth be told, an Ebay rep not knowing what the heck is going on really shouldn't come as too much of a suprise.  :wink:  

Seriously though, it seems that since the new feedback rules have been put in place last month its entirely possible that the site has not been updated correctly or entirely either, so who really knows for sure at this point.  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:32 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Today I got an apologetic e-mail about the whole affair and a complete refund of the shipping price. 8O

I am certainly confused; they took me for a little ride and made it all good.  Maybe Ebay's new policies are working?

Despite what people around here say, my business with T&T has always been smooth and pleasant.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:29 pm 

again, you agreed to this costs when you bought the items, i am under NO obligation to reduce the charges, if you can show me anywhere in ebay rules that state that then i will, but we both know it doesn`t exsist.
i could charge $100 if i wanted to as long as it is in the listing, and if you bid it is understood that this would be the cost. you shot yourself in the foot assuming i would discount the shipping more on multiple items, you should have asked first and you did`nt and the bottom line is i don`t have to. the costs stand, they will not change and as far as i`m concerned this deal is dead, period. at this point all you are looking to do is force me to lower my costs and eat the difference for your mistake, i think i`ll pass. i was hoping to resolve this issue with you but i can see we won`t so lets just go ahead and kill it and move on.
and btw, the 48 hours to pay is enforcable because when it is put in the listing it becomes part of the contract of the sale that you bid on, by winning the deal you have agrred to the contract and its stipulations, regardless of this point however we won`t get past the shipping/handling cost issue anyways so again, lets just kill the deal peacfully and move on.
pete

He must have skipped my last E-Mail to him showing him the Policy.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:15 am 

Why do people think that just because they put it in their auction they can do anything and it is legally binding?  If it is against Ebay rules and against the law then regardless it is not enforcable.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 am 

Why does a 100-something eBay seller think he can charge "handling" at all?

If the cost of tape is eating up your profits, you're not a business.  Quit pouting and put the package in the post at cost.  And quit whining, because the USPS even gives out free shipping materials.  :roll:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am 

Since you will not or cannot agree to a realistic discount for combined shipping. Then lets simply do them one at a time. I will pay for the items one at a time including the auctions listed shipping costs for each item individually. As such I want you to ship the items one at a time. Once I have the first item, I shall then pay for the next item. You are quite welcome to also place tracking on each individual item so you know when I got it. I do want the items I bid on, otherwise I would NOT have bid at all. I have never backed out on an agreement either and I have been buying stuff on E-Bay for several years, almost always as a buyer (Except five listing I sold). I normally pay with PayPal within minutes of the end an auction. I was never trying to rip you off. You risk NOTHING this way and in fact you stand to gain even more profit since I will end up paying more than your combined cost for the listings. Best regards Aneoth

One last effort to resolve the issue and also still get the items.
And also sorta stick it to him in more ways than one.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:27 pm 

Way to go, man!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:16 pm 

Christsakes! four pages isn't enough for this nonsense?  :?

I think we can all agree that this seller is a shipping profiteer with a questionable attitude and shaky understanding of how eBay works. Then again, he's not the one who did not ask EXACTLY how much the combined shipping total would be.

All due respect, Aneoth ... you seem like a decent guy and all that, but you're not entirely blameless here. One simple question asked and none of this is even happening.

Asbestos suit (+1, +3 vs. lemurs) is now on; flame away, Acaeum high priests!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:29 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Christsakes! four pages isn't enough for this nonsense?  :?

I think we can all agree that this seller is a shipping profiteer with a questionable attitude and shaky understanding of how eBay works. Then again, he's not the one who did not ask EXACTLY how much the combined shipping total would be.

All due respect, Aneoth ... you seem like a decent guy and all that, but you're not entirely blameless here. One simple question asked and none of this is even happening.

Asbestos suit (+1, +3 vs. lemurs) is now on; flame away, Acaeum high priests!

Actually I DID ask and he answerd that he would combine shipping.
Although It was near the end of those listings when I first found them and I asked the question.
It was only a short time till the end so I placed SMALL bids on the items I was interested in waiting for his response.
Which was YES. With no details.
Then I bid higher on those items that had heavy bidding.
I got the shock when he sent his rediculous Invoice.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Christsakes! four pages isn't enough for this nonsense?  :?

I don't know...I've been finding it interesting.   :D

I keep wondering if the seller will come around...if Aenoth with burn him in some way...if he'll get any of the cool items he won.

Three pages isn't that much.    :shaking2:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:36 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Actually I DID ask and he answerd that he would combine shipping.

That's not the same thing at all.

As is obvious from this ongoing drama, asking if he would combine shipping was not the real issue. You needed to ask exactly how much of a price break you would be getting.

Did you really think that a guy who charges $6.95 to ship a single thin Arduin booklet was suddenly going to give you a great bargain?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:37 pm 

Aneoth
Verbose Collector

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:34 am    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 killjoy32 wrote:
 his shipping is per item individually. if he combines them, he is ripping you off, to make greater funds for himself and has not offered you the same deal.

if you want the ittems, i would pay for them individually and then DSR the hell out of him. and well either neutral or neg him too - as he won't be able to do that to you.

if you dont want the items, do the fees deal.

either way, learning lesson for you next time anny. always ask about multiple items ahead of time to prevent yourself falling into the same trap again.

Al

I asked him before listings ended, but alas I did not see them until late, so I decided to bid anyway.
BTW His reply was   Quote:
 YES! I will combine shipping....

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:......Did you really think that a guy who charges $6.95 to ship a single thin Arduin booklet was suddenly going to give you a great bargain?

Yes, I did..............
I trust and believe in folks honesty and that they will do the right thing until they prove that they do not deserve that trust.

I have only had this sort of problem once before with another seller.
The other incident ended well though.

This guy is the second and it is not going to end well at all and for that I am truly dissapointed.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:48 pm 

No idea what the Killjoy thing above is supposed to signify. You've lost me. :?

Aneoth wrote:Yes, I did..............

Leopards don't change their spots that way. At least eBay leopards don't.

A guy who will charge $6.95 to ship a thin booklet is obviously looking to pad his bottom line with shipping profits; that same guy will not suddenly begin offering bargains just for winning two of those booklets.

Whatever. I don't have a dog in this fight. I suppose I'll just have to agree with that old messageboards philosophy of "Aren't there other threads you could read here, Xaxaxe?"

Yes. Yes, there are.

+++++

Oooohhhh ... nice Orange B3, BTW. I just noticed it.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:59 pm 

I'm sure Vick would be happy to help you out with the dog situation.
There is no question, none whatsoever, that the seller is trying to screw both Annie AND eBay. I would be willing to bet that he has never had a buyer question him before, and he will probably think twice about his shipping fees in the future.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:01 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Oooohhhh ... nice Orange B3, BTW. I just noticed it.  :wink:

Thanks, and yes there are many other threads to read.

I did not know my first post would spawn four pages of posts.
My main intent was to simply complain and whine (Which I did) and secondly to warn all the other members here to AVOID that guy (Which I did).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:14 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:+3 vs. lemurs
Now you're talking crazy -- my job here is done.

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 104123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 102103104