Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 101123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 99100101
Author

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:35 am 
 

I'd be a prick. I'd go into My eBay and mark every auction as Payment Sent (via check / money order, of course,) and then I'd go in and leave a negative feedback on each auction, one at a time, over the course of a couple weeks. Even if they were later removed, they had the impact that they needed - until then, anyone looking at the guy would see a series of un-fun reports.


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 28, 2021
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:14 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:Sorry Mike (I cannot pretend to know how you feel as a seller) but in so far as this situation I feel that to submit to paying his E-Bay fees (Read that as Extortion) for nothing is tantamount to allowing outright theft on his part.


I would not be so bold as to speak for Mike (mainly because he can speak for himself far more eloquently than I), but as a seller, I am thrilled you are going after this guy.  A certain amount of trust is needed for the whole ebay thing to work, and sellers like this guy destroy it.  Thanks for fighting the good fight.


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7969
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:21 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:No, as far as I know E-Bay has no knowledge of our situation.
And if he does re-list without trying to resolve the high charges, then yes I shall report him.
However, I think he will be reporting me as a non-paying bidder before that happens anyway.
(He wants to get his E-Bay fees back after all)
And No, I will NOT pay him any extortion to just walk away.
And YES, I shall fight him tooth and nail once E-Bay does get involved.  

Sorry Mike (I cannot pretend to know how you feel as a seller) but in so far as this situation I feel that to submit to paying his E-Bay fees (Read that as Extortion) for nothing is tantamount to allowing outright theft on his part.




I don't think you're wrong, John. Not at all.  I just think you've already wasted far too much of YOUR valuable time on a dumbass who obviously doesn't give a damn.   Worse case scenario for him? You don't pay him and he relists.  Either way he gets negged by you anyway. He's obviously not a professional seller as evidenced by his idiotic attitude towards his customers.  What does he care?

I would have just paid the guy and had my revenge by savaging his feedback and DSRs.  Then you could have moved on by now.....

Sellers like this are the reason Ebay had to start their ridiculous "no negative feedback from sellers" crap. They deserve to be hammered.  If you want to take the time that's cool with me.  But I'd already be in this guy's rearview mirror by now....

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:38 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:Sellers like this are the reason Ebay had to start their ridiculous "no negative feedback from sellers" crap.
Mike B.


Exactly.

Have you considered sending him a link to this discussion?


Also...those are pretty good purchases, Aenoth.  I would be loathe to let them escape.  The principle is important...but dang.  :x

Thinking about this guy's star ratings:

1)  His item description is inaccurate because he did not list a possible shipping ripoff in the text.  Some sellers are very clear about their shipping ripoffs up front, and I don't  have a problem with that.

2)  This guy's communication is horrid.  His communcations are those of a bully.  He sets artificial deadlines and bullies you to meet them.  He makes false statements about your responses to him.  He mixes in threats with what should be entirely cordial notes.

3)  His quality of service is low.  It is, in fact, non-existent.  He has not acted in good faith or with apparent good will.  I would hate to have this guy as a realtor.  He scores very low for business ethics.

4)  His shipping is, in fact, slow...because he has delayed shipment with his violations of Ebay policy.  Specifically, he has caused shipping to be delayed because he wants to avoid Ebay fees with excessive shipping charges.

He deserves very low marks.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."


Last edited by FormCritic on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4751
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:48 pm 
 

FormCritic wrote:
Exactly.

Have you considered sending him a link to this discussion?


Great idea....it has worked so spectacularly well in Tonya, Creep1962, Cougarrinard and so many other seller's cases.  :roll:

I say let sleeping sellers lie.  No point in bringing another gallon of gasoline to the fire already here.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 25, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:00 pm 
 

Here is a strange one for you guys



Recently there was a copy of Misty Isles up on Ebay




** expired eBay auction **




I bid on it and lost to Lofenloc  :? (who wins against him any way), while crying over my keyboard I noticed another copy from Troll and Toad :?  :?




** expired eBay auction **




After humming and hawing about it I decided to buy it not noticing the almost $50.00 Charge for shipping the item to me here in Canada.  :evil:  I E-mailed them and asked for a reduced shipping rate as $50.00 to ship a pamphlet sized book was outrageous.  They sent back a note saying anything over $200 must go Fedex for a tracking number but would do me a favor and reduce shipping to $35.00.  Still pissed off I paid it anyway and chalked it up to my stupidity promising myself to never grace Troll and Toad's listings again.



Well…. then they sent me an E-mail yesterday informing me that the item had shipped via USPS and thanks for your purchase.  USPS!!!  :evil:  I paid for Fedex the bastard's.  After writing a long e-mail to them in a fit of rage about the whole deal (somewhat fueled by Aneoth's latest issues as well), I paused then erased it all and simply asked them for my tracking number (very politely I might add).



Today I got an apologetic e-mail about the whole affair and a complete refund of the shipping price. 8O



I am certainly confused; they took me for a little ride and made it all good.  Maybe Ebay's new policies are working?


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!


Last edited by Blackmoor on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:01 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Great idea....it has worked so spectacularly well in Tonya, Creep1962, Cougarrinard and so many other seller's cases.  :roll:


Good point.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:27 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:Today I got an apologetic e-mail about the whole affair and a complete refund of the shipping price. 8O

I am certainly confused; they took me for a little ride and made it all good.  Maybe Ebay's new policies are working?

Yup, that's odd.  Maybe they got wind of a) how deep your pockets are b) how much time you spend on Acaeum, and c) how deep the collective pockets of other Acaeum members are.  One can dream, anyway.

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:28 pm 
 

Mars wrote:I think Ebay's policy on the matter is that it takes 10 days for a NPB to go through.  I don't think it states what a seller can or can't do in the meantime.  Although, should the seller decide to relist the items, I'm sure you could make a case for the "Non Selling Seller".


Ebay does not allow you file a NPB on deadbeats until 7 full days have passed.  It will allow a mutual cancellation of an auction(s) to happen in less time, but if you are going for the deadbeat bidder NPB strike, the consol refuses to let you you open it until a full 7 days have passed since the auctions close.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:33 pm 
 

JZavoda wrote:
Not what the rep from ebay told me.  What I was told was, if a buyer doesn't pay in 7 days the seller can refuse to sell to him and get his FVF back (which I had to do) and any negs left by the buyer will be removed.


Turth be told, an Ebay rep not knowing what the heck is going on really shouldn't come as too much of a suprise.  :wink:  

Seriously though, it seems that since the new feedback rules have been put in place last month its entirely possible that the site has not been updated correctly or entirely either, so who really knows for sure at this point.  :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:32 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:Today I got an apologetic e-mail about the whole affair and a complete refund of the shipping price. 8O

I am certainly confused; they took me for a little ride and made it all good.  Maybe Ebay's new policies are working?


Despite what people around here say, my business with T&T has always been smooth and pleasant.

 ICQ  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:29 pm 
 

again, you agreed to this costs when you bought the items, i am under NO obligation to reduce the charges, if you can show me anywhere in ebay rules that state that then i will, but we both know it doesn`t exsist.
i could charge $100 if i wanted to as long as it is in the listing, and if you bid it is understood that this would be the cost. you shot yourself in the foot assuming i would discount the shipping more on multiple items, you should have asked first and you did`nt and the bottom line is i don`t have to. the costs stand, they will not change and as far as i`m concerned this deal is dead, period. at this point all you are looking to do is force me to lower my costs and eat the difference for your mistake, i think i`ll pass. i was hoping to resolve this issue with you but i can see we won`t so lets just go ahead and kill it and move on.
and btw, the 48 hours to pay is enforcable because when it is put in the listing it becomes part of the contract of the sale that you bid on, by winning the deal you have agrred to the contract and its stipulations, regardless of this point however we won`t get past the shipping/handling cost issue anyways so again, lets just kill the deal peacfully and move on.
pete


He must have skipped my last E-Mail to him showing him the Policy.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6098
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 05, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:15 am 
 

Why do people think that just because they put it in their auction they can do anything and it is legally binding?  If it is against Ebay rules and against the law then regardless it is not enforcable.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 am 
 

Why does a 100-something eBay seller think he can charge "handling" at all?

If the cost of tape is eating up your profits, you're not a business.  Quit pouting and put the package in the post at cost.  And quit whining, because the USPS even gives out free shipping materials.  :roll:

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am 
 

Since you will not or cannot agree to a realistic discount for combined shipping. Then lets simply do them one at a time. I will pay for the items one at a time including the auctions listed shipping costs for each item individually. As such I want you to ship the items one at a time. Once I have the first item, I shall then pay for the next item. You are quite welcome to also place tracking on each individual item so you know when I got it. I do want the items I bid on, otherwise I would NOT have bid at all. I have never backed out on an agreement either and I have been buying stuff on E-Bay for several years, almost always as a buyer (Except five listing I sold). I normally pay with PayPal within minutes of the end an auction. I was never trying to rip you off. You risk NOTHING this way and in fact you stand to gain even more profit since I will end up paying more than your combined cost for the listings. Best regards Aneoth


One last effort to resolve the issue and also still get the items.
And also sorta stick it to him in more ways than one.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:27 pm 
 

Way to go, man!


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:16 pm 
 

Christsakes! four pages isn't enough for this nonsense?  :?

I think we can all agree that this seller is a shipping profiteer with a questionable attitude and shaky understanding of how eBay works. Then again, he's not the one who did not ask EXACTLY how much the combined shipping total would be.

All due respect, Aneoth ... you seem like a decent guy and all that, but you're not entirely blameless here. One simple question asked and none of this is even happening.

Asbestos suit (+1, +3 vs. lemurs) is now on; flame away, Acaeum high priests!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:29 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:Christsakes! four pages isn't enough for this nonsense?  :?

I think we can all agree that this seller is a shipping profiteer with a questionable attitude and shaky understanding of how eBay works. Then again, he's not the one who did not ask EXACTLY how much the combined shipping total would be.

All due respect, Aneoth ... you seem like a decent guy and all that, but you're not entirely blameless here. One simple question asked and none of this is even happening.

Asbestos suit (+1, +3 vs. lemurs) is now on; flame away, Acaeum high priests!


Actually I DID ask and he answerd that he would combine shipping.
Although It was near the end of those listings when I first found them and I asked the question.
It was only a short time till the end so I placed SMALL bids on the items I was interested in waiting for his response.
Which was YES. With no details.
Then I bid higher on those items that had heavy bidding.
I got the shock when he sent his rediculous Invoice.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 101123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 99100101