Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 24 of 104123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:21 pm 

JZavoda wrote:

If a  buyer deos not pay any negs they leave get removed.

That is not correct. If the buyer does not contest the NPB's, then they will be removed.  If Aneoth contests them, he will still eventually get the strike, but assuming the buyer(Aneoth in this circumstance) does not try and use the threat of negative feedback to get his way(i.e Feedback extortion), Ebay will not touch them.

Feedback Rules

"If the seller files an Unpaid Item dispute against a buyer, any negative or neutral Feedback left by that buyer will be removed if the buyer does not respond to the dispute before the deadline, and receives a strike."

In other words as long as Aneoth responds to the NPB notices and tries to resolve the issue and does not come out and say you either do it my way only(which includes something not already promised by the seller) or I will leave you neagtive feedback, Ebay will not remove the Negs left by Aneoth.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:24 pm 

EBay will also remove your feedback if a NPB dispute is filed against you even if you do respond.

Check this link here Seller performance and feedback policy | eBay

Note the last bullet item and I quote;

A buyer responds to the Unpaid Item process, but in replying to it the buyer does not express dissatisfaction with the seller or the item.

More information can be found here; About eBay: Company Info, News, Careers, Investor Relations

Be sure in any communication you have with this seller that you never make any references to feedback or not paying. If you do, the seller can you those comments against you.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:27 pm 

Now I see the trick used by Troll and Toad. Heh. Odd that eBay would allow such tactics against an obviously paid-for item (like everything done through PayPal.) Actually, no, not odd.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:00 pm 

Mercenary_Roadie wrote:EBay will also remove your feedback if a NPB dispute is filed against you even if you do respond.

Check this link here Security Measure

Note the last bullet item and I quote;

More information can be found here; About eBay: Company Info, News, Careers, Investor Relations

Be sure in any communication you have with this seller that you never make any references to feedback or not paying. If you do, the seller can you those comments against you.

That's new then, as that was the reason I wanted them to remove the ridiculous neg I got last year(to which they quickly rejected my request), but it is still easily enough manipulated by the buyer which really defeats the purpose of it in the first place.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
100 feedback means he is at least 100 sales into his shipping scam.  

It doesn't mean he does not care about feedback.

Just pay and then neg him.  Stretch out the negs to make them really hurt.  Also, give him the lowest ratings in all of the categories.  Some people need pain in order to learn.

Just to throw a different point of view in here, and not digging at Mark in particular.

I've put in bold a comment above - if he turns it round in a day and it's exactly as described then you wqould give him a low DSR why?

Pre-empting the answer that he's  an asshat(tm) then that puts the buyer in the same category as the seller - unless it's okay to give retaliatory FB/DSR's as long as we don't like the other guy.

I'm not saying the seller is right, but I do think it's best to try and take the moral high ground

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Are you aware that the seller is a member here?  And just posted these earlier in the Classifieds thread?  Probably why he referenced the site eh?   Too many people bidding on stuff and not reading the fine print or asking questions.

Nope...I don't usually check out the classified listings because they are generally about things I cannot buy.  Check out my own listing there.  :D

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:55 pm 

gyg wrote:I'm not saying the seller is right, but I do think it's best to try and take the moral high ground

In this case, the moral high ground would be to just pay and leave positive feedback.  Then, write it off as a lesson learned.

It is good basic policy not to bid if the seller does not give a firm shipping quote.  

On the other hand, some people are just too stupid to take mild hints...they need the full load of negative consquences to get the picture.  I think this guy rates the full load.

Also, I'm feeling mean and petty.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
In this case, the moral high ground would be to just pay and leave positive feedback.  Then, write it off as a lesson learned.

It is good basic policy not to bid if the seller does not give a firm shipping quote.  

On the other hand, some people are just too stupid to take mild hints...they need the full load of negative consquences to get the picture.  I think this guy rates the full load.

Also, I'm feeling mean and petty.

Fair enough - this seller is probably the architect of his own destruction in any case.

I just wanted to point out that just because one person behaves in a poor manner does not mean that one has to stoop to their levels.

(And yes it is good basic policy to get a firm shipping price. Just because something is implied does not mean it is set in stone - in fact, from my experience, and I would imagine most others as well, this is certainly NOT the case)

And as heads up for those of you that might be thinking of buying anything online - Making assumptions about people on ebay is pretty stupid, there's plenty of evidence in this thread and many others like it that not everyone is a reasonable, decent guy - who knew? :roll: )

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm 

I would be interested in seeing all of the correspondence in this case, from both buyer and seller, just because I'm nosey like that!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

That is not correct. If the buyer does not contest the NPB's, then they will be removed.  If Aneoth contests them, he will still eventually get the strike, but assuming the buyer(Aneoth in this circumstance) does not try and use the threat of negative feedback to get his way(i.e Feedback extortion), Ebay will not touch them.

Feedback Rules

"If the seller files an Unpaid Item dispute against a buyer, any negative or neutral Feedback left by that buyer will be removed if the buyer does not respond to the dispute before the deadline, and receives a strike."

In other words as long as Aneoth responds to the NPB notices and tries to resolve the issue and does not come out and say you either do it my way only(which includes something not already promised by the seller) or I will leave you neagtive feedback, Ebay will not remove the Negs left by Aneoth.

Not what the rep from ebay told me.  What I was told was, if a buyer doesn't pay in 7 days the seller can refuse to sell to him and get his FVF back (which I had to do) and any negs left by the buyer will be removed.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:45 am 

Well, after I told him (Yesterday afternoon) that I would think on this for a short time he responds with resending me the invoice (Same price though)

Click Pay Now to confirm shipping, get total price, and arrange payment through: PayPal; money order.  

Item #   Item Title  Qty.   Price  

** expired/removed eBay auction **
  Dark Folk by Role Aids  1   US $0.99  

All the Worlds Monsters, Vol. 1  1   US $20.50  

All the Worlds Monsters, Vol. 3  1   US $20.50  

Rare Find!, The Arduin Grimoire by Dave Hargrave Vol.1  1   US $18.50  

Rare Find!, The Arduin Grimoire by Dave Hargrave Vol.3  1   US $11.55  

Fantastic Treasures by Role Aids  1   US $0.99  

Citybook 1, Butcher, Baker, Candlestick maker by Blade  1   US $4.30  

Subtotal:   US $77.33  
Shipping and handling via US Postal Service First Class Mail:  
 US $39.00  
Total:   US $116.33  

as per my last e-mail please advise your intentions on your performance of this contract.silence will consider this sale void as of 6/11/08 per agreed upon auction stipulations. if you have any questions feel free to contact me by said time limit.  

Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.  

If you want to mail your payment, please send it and include a copy of this email to:

I omitted his name address and phone number  

And a note:
Dear aneoth,

hi aneoth, can i assume by your silence that you are not goiung to pay for these items? if that is the case lets bring this issue to a peacefull close and move our seperate ways. please let me know your intentions so we can finish one way or the other. pete

- editdude00

Something I am sure I saw but never noticed (umnnnn  they are in RED) in each of his listings.

Payment must be either made or arranged (advised check is in the mail) within 48 hours of purchase, if not item will be re-listed and the sale void. 8O

Is that even legal????

The auctions all ended three days ago.
Do I not have like 10 days to pay by E-Bay policy, regardless of the sellers silly statements?
I am unsure of this since I always pay by Paypal as soon as I can after getting the invoice.
ALWAYS..... well except when the guy tries to ROB ME...............

And besides, I HAVE been responding with E-Mails, we both have, back and forth sometimes two per day.

What is the Payment deadline policy for E-Bay?

Looking at the following page, It appears that at least 7 days must pass before the seller can do anything such as file unpaying bidder complaints.
(unless it was a BIN listing, none of mine were).

Security Measure

BTW: I know what this guy does for a living now.

He is a Real estate Agent in Simi Valley California....
He sells houses that are only worth about $250,000 for $600,000 on a daily basis.

It appears that he is trying out his hard sale tactics on E-Bay for profit..........

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:08 am 

I think Ebay's policy on the matter is that it takes 10 days for a NPB to go through.  I don't think it states what a seller can or can't do in the meantime.  Although, should the seller decide to relist the items, I'm sure you could make a case for the "Non Selling Seller".

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 am 

Dear aneoth,

hi aneoth, can i assume by your silence that you are not goiung to pay for these items? if that is the case lets bring this issue to a peacefull close and move our seperate ways. please let me know your intentions so we can finish one way or the other. pete

- editdude00

My responding letter, just sent:

MY SILENCE?! As I stated in my last response to your last letter to me (That was Yesterday afternoon) I wanted to think about your expensive shipping costs. I never had any problems with paying for your items. I have made it abundantly clear that it is YOUR outrageous Shipping and Processing/Handling cost (FOUR times actual shipping costs) that I have the problem with. Those auctions only closed three days ago, I will let you know later on what I shall do, have a little more patience please. BTW: The 48 hours to pay deadline blurb in your listings is not enforceable. You should drop your hard sale REA tactics on this one. Read the E-Bay non-paying bidder policy. While you are there please read the E-Bay Fee Avoidance section as well. All I want is a reasonable shipping cost. Once we have resolved that issue, payment can be made almost immediately. Best Regards, Aneoth

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:29 am 

Actions that avoid paying eBay fees -- Selling fees help eBay support both buyers and sellers.
Listing practices that circumvent (avoid) fees are unfair to sellers who pay the appropriate eBay fees and may provide a poor buying experience.

Examples of listing practices that are not allowed on eBay include:

Offering the opportunity to buy the listed item or other items outside of eBay.

Offering low item prices but unreasonably high shipping or handling charges.

Listing an item that requires an additional purchase.

Including contact information (e.g., email addresses, domain names, phone numbers) in the listing title, subtitle, item location, or images.

Listing an item where a seller allows buyers to choose from a selection of items.

Security Measure

Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for mailing, packaging, and handling the items they are selling. While eBay will not prescribe exactly what a seller may or may not charge, eBay will rely on member reports and its own discretion to determine whether or not a seller's shipping, handling, packaging, and/or insurance charges are excessive. Shipping and handling fees may not be listed as a percentage of the final sale price.

Sellers who want to be sure they are in compliance with this policy may charge actual shipping costs plus actual packaging materials cost (or less).

In addition to the final listing price, sellers are permitted to charge:

Actual Shipping cost: This is the actual cost (i.e. postage) for shipping the item.

Handling Fee: Actual packaging materials costs may be charged. A handling fee in addition to actual shipping cost may be charged if it is not excessive.

Insurance: Sellers offering insurance may only charge the actual fee for insurance. No additional amount may be added, such as "self-insurance". Sellers who do not use a licensed 3rd party insurance company may not require buyers to purchase insurance. This is a violation of state law.

Tax: Only actual applicable federal, state, country, city, VAT, and equivalent taxes may be charged.

For cross border transactions, sellers may not collect tariffs and duties. However, buyers may be responsible for actual, applicable tariffs, and duties as requested by respective country laws.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Security Measure

If FOUR times actual shipping costs is not excessive then what pray tell is?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:36 am 

Code:
Dear editdude00,

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

Please read this, I have. Aneoth

- aneoth

My last attempt at a reasonable resolution. If he will not relent on his insane shipping charges then I will tell him no sale and let E-Bay resolve this.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 am 

Way to go, Annie. If more people stood up for themselves and refused to tolerate this shyte, there'd be less idiots like that around.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:18 am 

Aneoth wrote:My last attempt at a reasonable resolution. If he will not relent on his insane shipping charges then I will tell him no sale and let E-Bay resolve this.

Have you opened up an Ebay Dispute with him yet?  If not, wait the day or two until he relists the auctions.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:27 am 

Mars wrote:
Have you opened up an Ebay Dispute with him yet?  If not, wait the day or two until he relists the auctions.

No, as far as I know E-Bay has no knowledge of our situation.
And if he does re-list without trying to resolve the high charges, then yes I shall report him.
However, I think he will be reporting me as a non-paying bidder before that happens anyway.
(He wants to get his E-Bay fees back after all)
And No, I will NOT pay him any extortion to just walk away.
And YES, I shall fight him tooth and nail once E-Bay does get involved.

Sorry Mike (I cannot pretend to know how you feel as a seller) but in so far as this situation I feel that to submit to paying his E-Bay fees (Read that as Extortion) for nothing is tantamount to allowing outright theft on his part.

Deadlord39 wrote:Way to go, Annie. If more people stood up for themselves and refused to tolerate this shyte, there'd be less idiots like that around.

Sometimes you just have to stand up for your rights and hope for Justice..... even if it hurts...

That statement has been in my Members signature area for years.

I have always believed that you should not allow idiots to run roughshod over you, or to take unfair advantage of you in situations like this.

And, thank you, but if it were not for this forum, its members, their opinions, and the advice, and ideas here, I am thinking that I might have just paid his extortion to just walk away with nothing.

So I thank all of you instead.

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 24 of 104123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 102103104