Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 104123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:52 pm 

$6.95 for USPS First Class mail is Fee Avoidance no matter how you justify it. Report the seller.

If you go through with this sale be sure to leave only one feedback per 7 day period. That way each Negative or Neutral will count individually. If you leave them all at once, they only count as one.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:16 am 

bclarkie wrote:
I think he is stupid.  He is obviously under the impression that if you neg the shit out of him, that he can respond in kind.  He must have missed Ebay's new sellers feedback rules, which I am sure will be leading to a very rude awakening for him.

That is one reason why Ebay's no-seller-neg policy makes a certain sort of sense.

There are crappy customers in the real world too.  There are differences between online and in-person sales, but making customers happy is a standard burden for the seller.

Here is a perfect illustration of why Ebay's new policy can be good.  This guy is mad because he cannot profit from shipping...so he treats the customer like crap.  Guess what.  He gets negged...and he should get negged...seven times without any way to retaliate.

I know there are two sides to the issue, but the possibilities for feedback extortion protecting bad sellers is exactly what has kept a guy like Cougarrinard floating for so long.

Now customer service becomes standard, rather than an optional moral decision lived up to by only the better sellers.

Neg him.  Seven times.  And say what he did.  And pay for each package individually and force him to ship them separately.  And give him crappy ratings in the star categories.

But...before you do that...remind him gently about current Ebay policy.  Give him a chance to make you a second offer on combined shipping.  He might actually learn.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:38 am 

and pay for each item individually too so you pay by paypal 7 times and so he incurs 7 sets of fees.

nothing like a good lesson :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 am 

Of course, I can leave feedback at any time during the next several months so that is not a problem if I do pay for the items.

Deadlord:  the big problem with paying for each item one at a time  indivudually is that I would have no way to pay for them all one at a time, have them delivered one at a time, and then send payment for the next item........ and so on, and still make the deadline for payment within 7 days from close of auction.
Thus he could report me as a non-paying buyer for the remainder of the items and sell those items again.
It would be a good plan otherwise.

OTOH: If I pay for each item individually and pay for them all within the 7 days time, then he could do many different things in retaliation. Including pack them all into one box anyway and ship them all after the last payment is made. Thereby making even more money off of me. ($11 more) since I would no longer qualify for his one time never heard of before in the history of E-Bay offer for the incredible combined shipping discount.

This guy is not a big time seller (100 feedback), so I am not all that certain he cares a whit if I do retaliate with negs, ect..
Or it could be he really is an idiot and does not know the newly revised seller/buyer/feedback rules.
(Although he was freely offering plenty of various threats of things he could do to me, if I dont pay up)

BTW: I was being somewhat sarcastic about his not being stupid.........I just forgot to add the    :roll:    rolling eyes face
Mike had a good name for this guy.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:49 am 

Aneoth wrote:This guy is not a big time seller (100 feedback), so I am not all that certain he cares a whit if I do retaliate with negs, ect..
Or it could be he really is an idiot and does not know the newly revised seller/buyer/feedback rules.
(Although he was freely offering plenty of various threats of things he could do to me, if I dont pay up)

100 feedback means he is at least 100 sales into his shipping scam.  

It doesn't mean he does not care about feedback.

Just pay and then neg him.  Stretch out the negs to make them really hurt.  Also, give him the lowest ratings in all of the categories.  

Some people need pain in order to learn.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:03 pm 

kiwi17...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=006

your latest mods on ebay.... £4 postage??!!! wow man thats a damn lot. you gonna protect the mods with steel plates?

:?

ps. i know you have mentioned that this is an "estimate", but this is precisely how the above happens too.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:14 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:kiwi17...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

your latest mods on ebay.... £4 postage??!!! wow man thats a damn lot. you gonna protect the mods with steel plates?

:?

ps. i know you have mentioned that this is an "estimate", but this is precisely how the above happens too.

The seller cited the Acaeum and linked to the condition ratings page.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:33 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:kiwi17...

** expired/removed eBay auction **

your latest mods on ebay.... £4 postage??!!! ...

i have to quote al... actually 10 pounds to italy is a bit high...

http://sg.royalmail.com/portal/rm/Price ... d=23500532

according to the Royal Calculator it'd be about 2 pounds via printed papers airmail...  :?

killjoy32 wrote:
wow man thats a damn lot. you gonna protect the mods with steel plates?

well, maybe using a warning on the envelope like: "Try to bend now, stupid mailman", he would have some satisfaction...   :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:49 pm 

Forget the 7 days payment bullshit. If he balks at the one-at-a-time payment thing, just report him to eBay for excessive shipping fees. There's no way in Hell I would ever just "bite the bullet" and pay. That is not only cowardly, it is enabling. It is the chickenshit way out.
Don't give in to the Dark Side, Annie!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 pm 

aia wrote:well, maybe using a warning on the envelope like: "Try to bend now, stupid mailman", he would have some satisfaction...   :D

Yeah, that'll ensure that they handle it with kid gloves at the Post Office.....

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:52 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
The seller cited the Acaeum and linked to the condition ratings page.

Are you aware that the seller is a member here?  And just posted these earlier in the Classifieds thread?  Probably why he referenced the site eh?   Too many people bidding on stuff and not reading the fine print or asking questions.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:08 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Forget the 7 days payment bullshit. If he balks at the one-at-a-time payment thing, just report him to eBay for excessive shipping fees. There's no way in Hell I would ever just "bite the bullet" and pay. That is not only cowardly, it is enabling. It is the chickenshit way out.
Don't give in to the Dark Side, Annie!

So, are you saying I should pay his normal shipping ($6.95) for one item at a time and end up paying $9.65 over his awesome reduced pay it all at one time shipping fees.
BTW: That $6.95 shipping cost for each item (Seperately) is for US Postal Service First Class Mail, not Priority Mail.
(That comes to $48.95 in all, rather than $39.00, for 7 items that can be packed into ONE priority Box which SHOULD cost only $9.80 according to the USPS).

On a side note: In an earlier post,  I had mistakenly stated his awesome combined shipping cost savings as being $11.00.....
it is actually only a $9.65 difference..........

Or, would you simply tell him to kiss off and pay nothing at all?
Non-Paying bidder hits (Especially seven of them) can get a fella banned from E-Bay can it not?

Or, would you just pay his extortion of E-Bay listing and sales price fees and get nothing for it?
And move on down the road......

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:57 pm 

In order of preference:

1. Argue until he sends a reasonable shipping quote. Threaten to report him for excessive fees/shipping extortion. Forward all e-mails to eBay, including the one stating fees would be combined.

2. Send payments one at a time.

3. Ignore the auctions completely, and threaten to neg/DSRS his ass if he pursues it.

4. Sorry, there are no other options.

The more people kowtow to these fucking idiots, the more they will breed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:11 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:In order of preference:

1. Argue until he sends a reasonable shipping quote. Threaten to report him for excessive fees/shipping extortion. Forward all e-mails to eBay, including the one stating fees would be combined.

2. Send payments one at a time.

3. Ignore the auctions completely, and threaten to neg/DSRS his ass if he pursues it.

4. Sorry, there are no other options.

The more people kowtow to these fucking idiots, the more they will breed.

If a  buyer deos not pay any negs they leave get removed.

I would pay the guy, then neg him and make sure to give him all 1's in his DSR. Now the negs are all going to count only once because the auctions all ended within 7 days but the DSRs should all be valid.

If you don't pay he can hit you with non-paying bidder strikes.

I woul;d recommended contacting ebay about this as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:21 pm 

JZavoda wrote:

If a  buyer deos not pay any negs they leave get removed.

That is not correct. If the buyer does not contest the NPB's, then they will be removed.  If Aneoth contests them, he will still eventually get the strike, but assuming the buyer(Aneoth in this circumstance) does not try and use the threat of negative feedback to get his way(i.e Feedback extortion), Ebay will not touch them.

Feedback Rules

"If the seller files an Unpaid Item dispute against a buyer, any negative or neutral Feedback left by that buyer will be removed if the buyer does not respond to the dispute before the deadline, and receives a strike."

In other words as long as Aneoth responds to the NPB notices and tries to resolve the issue and does not come out and say you either do it my way only(which includes something not already promised by the seller) or I will leave you neagtive feedback, Ebay will not remove the Negs left by Aneoth.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:24 pm 

EBay will also remove your feedback if a NPB dispute is filed against you even if you do respond.

Check this link here Security Measure

Note the last bullet item and I quote;

A buyer responds to the Unpaid Item process, but in replying to it the buyer does not express dissatisfaction with the seller or the item.

More information can be found here; About eBay: Company Info, News, Careers, Investor Relations

Be sure in any communication you have with this seller that you never make any references to feedback or not paying. If you do, the seller can you those comments against you.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:27 pm 

Now I see the trick used by Troll and Toad. Heh. Odd that eBay would allow such tactics against an obviously paid-for item (like everything done through PayPal.) Actually, no, not odd.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:00 pm 

Mercenary_Roadie wrote:EBay will also remove your feedback if a NPB dispute is filed against you even if you do respond.

Check this link here Security Measure

Note the last bullet item and I quote;

More information can be found here; About eBay: Company Info, News, Careers, Investor Relations

Be sure in any communication you have with this seller that you never make any references to feedback or not paying. If you do, the seller can you those comments against you.

That's new then, as that was the reason I wanted them to remove the ridiculous neg I got last year(to which they quickly rejected my request), but it is still easily enough manipulated by the buyer which really defeats the purpose of it in the first place.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 104123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 102103104