Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 104123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm 

If the description and the pictures of the box in the listing are accurate then the box was crushed during delivery. No big surprise, since it was only protected by brown wrapping paper and a layer of bubble wrap. No exterior protective box. It was shipped from Aussie land.

I feel that the Packing should have been better. If it had been a matter of more funds for a protective exterior box I would have paid it (gladly). I am truly dissapointed here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=003

All books and supplements are in excellent condition. (Mint)
The box shows almost no wear.

Well, it does now.................. :roll:

The item sold for $41 (Aussie) $39.13 (USD) and I paid a total of $26.25 (USD) MORE for shipping, insurance, tracking, confirmation and handling and all I got was a crushed box.......

(The postal sticker on the wrapper shows $19.90 postage paid (Aussie))

(The contents of the box set survived intact... somehow)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:32 pm 

Aneoth wrote:If the description and the pictures of the box in the listing are accurate then the box was crushed during delivery. No big surprise, since it was only protected by brown wrapping paper and a layer of bubble wrap. No exterior protective box. It was shipped from Aussie land.

I feel that the Packing should have been better. If it had been a matter of more funds for a protective exterior box I would have paid it (gladly). I am truly dissapointed here.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Well, it does now.................. :roll:

The item sold for $41 (Aussie) $39.13 (USD) and I paid a total of $26.25 (USD) MORE for shipping, insurance, tracking, confirmation and handling and all I got was a crushed box.......
(The postal sticker on the wrapper shows $19.90 postage paid (Aussie))
(The contents of the box set survived intact... somehow)

Tragic. It looks nearly pristine in the photo.

I can't say how much I appreciate well packaged goods. One time a guy only charged $2 for S&H, when it came it was very well packaged and the item was in great shape. The Shipping was almost $2 more than what he charged me. I promptly sent him the $2 on paypal with a thank you note for the excellent packaging.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:43 am 

Another combined shpping charge seller. Making a mint on S&H.

I had bid on several of his concurrent olistings and had asked if he would combine SH and he assured me he would.

So, I Get the invoice, shipping is From California to me in Texas.

$39.00.................

I won 7 paperback books from him! Not a car!

Of the seven books, two are Role Aids supplemental books, two are Arduin Grimoires (Vol. 1 and Vol. 3), a City Book (Same size as the Role Aids books) and two other books I know little about, though I am certain they are stock card covered regular sized paperbacks.

I KNOW that all of them would fit into one USPS Priority Box and I am also certain that a USPS Priority Box should cost no more than $10.......

I told him so in my letter to him.

He replied to my inquiry that he had ALREADY reduced the S&H before sending me the invoice.

actually shipping and handling for the items was $48.65,on multiple items i lower it by $1 an item, in this case i went a little more than that. i also noted that i did this in the invoice. in addition i was planning to send this to you priority mail because of the multiple purchases. hope this helps

So, he did indeed go down, from $6.95 S&H to just $5.57 S&H (per item) all to be sent to me in one box.

I just replied asking him if he planned to ship the books one at a time in seperate boxes. :roll:

If he does not serioiusly lower his rediculous S&H he will get seven negs.......

and a one for S&H costs on each of those seven feedbacks.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=010

Avoid this guy..........

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:29 am 

well not that i am condoning this kind of thing at all, but he doesnt make mention of combining of any sort, so you should always ask beforehand.

and $6.95 for that small a book i assume is a little outlandish anyway?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Another combined shpping charge seller. Making a mint on S&H.

I had bid on several of his concurrent olistings and had asked if he would combine SH and he assured me he would.

So, I Get the invoice, shipping is From California to me in Texas.

$39.00.................

I won 7 paperback books from him! Not a car!
Of the seven books, two are Role Aids supplemental books, two are Arduin Grimoires (Vol. 1 and Vol. 3), a City Book (Same size as the Role Aids books) and two other books I know little about, though I am certain they are stock card covered regular sized paperbacks.

I KNOW that all of them would fit into one USPS Priority Box and I am also certain that a USPS Priority Box should cost no more than $10.......
I told him so in my letter to him.

He replied to my inquiry that he had ALREADY reduced the S&H before sending me the invoice.

So, he did indeed go down, from $6.95 S&H to just $5.57 S&H (per item) all to be sent to me in one box.

I just replied asking him if he planned to ship the books one at a time in seperate boxes. :roll:

If he does not serioiusly lower his rediculous S&H he will get seven negs.......
and a one for S&H costs on each of those seven feedbacks.........

Avoid this guy..........

Aneoth;

Pay the guy, then hammer his DSRs. Honestly, I respect that he may have stated the amount beforehand, and it's "buyer beware". Conversely, the DSRs are YOUR OPINION if the seller fufilled that part of the bargain. Hell, give him 5's in the other DSRs except for shipping if you choose. Give him neutrals instead of negs if he does ship the items and you get them on time. But the only way jokers like this are going to learn a lesson is a hit in the feedback and pocketbook.

I have a buy I just did.  Everything was great but the overcharged shipping ($9 for one book in a flat rate envelope that is $4.75). I left him decent feedback, with a ONE in the shipping, since IMO the shipping was "very unreasonable".

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm 

totally agree with mike.

give the guy a chance to make things good - if its still no go, mark accordingly.

i would say neutrals and grade the DSRs accordingly to your view on the whole thing.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:40 pm 

Dear aneoth,

half the charge is shipping the other is processing and handling however you want to work it. if it was a concern for you, you could have asked first, i get a lot of experienced ebayers that do. also we both know you got a smoking deal for these, so i really don`t see the problem. this is the price, its actually more per the ebay rules (full shipping) you agreed to it when you bid. i broke the price from there as a customer service since you did buy a few things, but i didn`t have to. if your not happy with the deal i will let you out of it, just pay the listing and final value fees and i will re-list them. if not then lets close the deal. don`t mean to sound like this as you can see from my feedback i have a great rating and there is a reason for it, but these were my charges and you knew that going in, personally i`m feeling a like your "shaking me down" because of it. i don`t think thats to cool, my auctions have been nothing but straight forward, no where does it say discount for multiple items (which it would if i did it) or in the listing does it say buy more and the shipping is discounted. it was straight up the whole way and i think you assumed otherwise and now you expect me to pay for it?? doesn`t seem fair to me, espcially since i already discounted it. if you plan to torpedo me with a negatiove feedback just because you didn`t read the auction throughly or ask before you bid (which it does mention in the ad) then lets just part ways, you pay the fees as stated above and we can both move on, if not lets close the deal, i`ll give you a positive feedback as soon as you give me one. your call, let me know what you`d like to do.

I am not "shaking him down" as he put it.
He is NOT charging half shipping and half processing and handling  as he states either.

He obviously thinks me to be a complete moron.......

The shipping would be $10 and the rest of the $39 ($29) would be for his so called processing and handling fees.
I am NOT a math professor, but even I can easily see that that aint half and half by far.............

I do not plan to pay him his suggested blackmail fees either.

He said
i will let you out of it, just pay the listing and final value fees

Whatever those are....

I dont NEED any of his books.

I would like to have them all, but I would not be bummed if I do not get any of them either.

They are mostly FAR TOO common to worry about.

I think I should E-Mail him once again and tell him I will not pay his extortion rates.

Mike would you reccommend I pay all his fees for nothing and just move on?

I do not expect an Acaeum deal and I most definately wont ever expect a killjoy S/H deal, but I wont pay a fortune either.

I recently (Last week) paid $19.50 for shipping a single Box Set of Cthulhu.

I posted the facts on this forum.

I only slightly complained here about his shipping before paying the fuill amount asked for.

Heck I paid HALF that SH cost for the box set itself. ($10.99)

That Box is being shipped to me from Canada, so not the same thing, but still.......

Charging about Twice your cost for shipping is one thing.

Charging  FOUR times your cost is outright robbery IMO....

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:57 pm 

Sounds like you have a real a**hole there.  Good luck :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:58 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Whatever those are....

I dont NEED any of his books.
I would like to have them all, but I would not be bummed if I do not get any of them either.
They are mostly FAR TOO common to worry about.

I think I should E-Mail him once again and tell him I will not pay his extortion rates.

Mike would you reccommend I pay all his fees for nothing and just move on?

I do not expect an Acaeum deal and I most definately wont ever expect a killjoy S/H deal, but I wont pay a fortune either.

There's no use sitting and stewing, which you will do if you have felt you overpaid for the stuff, and you really don't need the stuff, and you'll just be staring at it all day getting more and more pissed off. I'd pay his listing fees and the final value fees( ONLY make sure he doesn't file Non paying bidder status on you in a bid to double dip the final value fees). Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on....it's not worth worrying about.  You'll be out a couple of bucks but you'll be able to wash your hands of the guy without having to deal with any more back and forth.

Why does it seem like shipping scams are getting WORSE when all this dippity doo by Ebay was supposed to "protect" us?  :roll:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:32 pm 

I think the seller's philosophy can be summed here:

also we both know you got a smoking deal for these, so i really don`t see the problem.

The attitude of "I didn't post I would combine shipping" is one that doesn't hold up for me either.  The norm is that seller's do combine shipping (even when it is not posted either way) so this seller is the one who is out of the ordinary.  Thus, they should be the one posting "We do NOT combine shipping".

Also, the point of saying that the shipping was posted and you are on the hook for all shipping is also false.  If the seller is trying to charge you the full shipping and is then going to combine them in one package, he is not living upto his end of the deal.  The shipping listed is for individual shipping not combined.  Also, I think that if he is charging a large handling fee per auction + actual shipping with one package, Ebay calls this "Fee Avoidance".

In your case, I would probably ask how much is the actual shipping cost, how much is handling, what is included in the handling and then open a dispute and report him to Ebay for Fee Avoidance.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:44 pm 

Mars wrote:I think the seller's philosophy can be summed here:

also we both know you got a smoking deal for these, so i really don`t see the problem.

Sadly, the few disputes I've got in over items leads me to believe that that's a common response: you got a good deal on the actual item price, so why are you complaining that you're getting shafted on other parts? :roll:

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:56 pm 

I say we give the seller a "Kitn".  "Kitn" = kick in the nuts.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:00 pm 

Mars wrote:I think the seller's philosophy can be summed here:

The attitude of "I didn't post I would combine shipping" is one that doesn't hold up for me either.  The norm is that seller's do combine shipping (even when it is not posted either way) so this seller is the one who is out of the ordinary.  Thus, they should be the one posting "We do NOT combine shipping".

Also, the point of saying that the shipping was posted and you are on the hook for all shipping is also false.  If the seller is trying to charge you the full shipping and is then going to combine them in one package, he is not living upto his end of the deal.  The shipping listed is for individual shipping not combined.  Also, I think that if he is charging a large handling fee per auction + actual shipping with one package, Ebay calls this "Fee Avoidance".

In your case, I would probably ask how much is the actual shipping cost, how much is handling, what is included in the handling and then open a dispute and report him to Ebay for Fee Avoidance.

I agree he is having the buyers pay his listing and price fees (Fee Avoidance, as you put it).
And in my case, he intends to have me pay his E-Bay fees whether I actually get the items or not.

So, if I do decide NOT to buy the items and IF I do then pay his extortion fees, and he then re-lists them, then he will be paid those extortion fees yet again (TWICE) for the same thing after some other sucker buys his item(s) the next time.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:27 pm 

Overall I don't think Ebay will do anything about it but at least it gives you a venue to state your case.  If you do want to have a chance though, I think you probably need the seller to say something that includes, Ebay fees and listing fees included in the handling - then you have fee circumvention.

I am guessing that you paying his fees to relist the items, includes a "I will not report you as a nonpaying buyer".  Although he doesn't explicitly state this and you know where that got you last time.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:06 pm 

his shipping is per item individually. if he combines them, he is ripping you off, to make greater funds for himself and has not offered you the same deal.

if you want the ittems, i would pay for them individually and then DSR the hell out of him. and well either neutral or neg him too - as he won't be able to do that to you.

if you dont want the items, do the fees deal.

either way, learning lesson for you next time anny. always ask about multiple items ahead of time to prevent yourself falling into the same trap again.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:01 pm 

Annie, it's quite simple. Pay him for one item. When you receive it, pay him for the next. And so on. If his packing sucks, refuse to pay for the rest. If he is slow, refuse to pay. Etc.
Whether or not combined shipping is stated, to me it is implied. Plain and simple.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:49 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Whether or not combined shipping is stated, to me it is implied. Plain and simple.

This is exactly what I mean.  Common sense dictates that the shipping will be combined.  If you do not wish to abide by common sense such as places like iSoldshit and other selling agencies then the seller should be responsible for stating such.  I firmly believe if you wanted to go through the hassle, you could probably pay for the auction and then take the guy to small claims court and win.

The other scam that seems to be on the rise is people charging sales tax.  In Ontario, Canada this equates to an additional 13% (PST and GST).  What bothers me about this is that both Ebay and Paypal have places to include tax but neither check to see if the seller has a business registration number or a GST registration number which are required to charge the tax.  Basically, if you are collecting the tax, it should be going to the government not into your pocket.  For sellers that do charge this, I started asking for the registration numbers so I can check them online.  Interesting enought, 5 out of 7 sellers then removed the taxes from my invoice.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:34 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:his shipping is per item individually. if he combines them, he is ripping you off, to make greater funds for himself and has not offered you the same deal.

if you want the ittems, i would pay for them individually and then DSR the hell out of him. and well either neutral or neg him too - as he won't be able to do that to you.

if you dont want the items, do the fees deal.

either way, learning lesson for you next time anny. always ask about multiple items ahead of time to prevent yourself falling into the same trap again.

Al

I asked him before listings ended, but alas I did not see them until late, so I decided to bid anyway.
BTW His reply was
YES! I will combine shipping....

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 104123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 102103104