Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 104123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:10 pm 

maybe he forgot to change it in his listing?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:20 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:maybe he forgot to change it in his listing?

Perhaps, but it seems on the high side for a few magazines....

7 mags (Pegasis) in one listing.

6 Mags (Judges Guild) in the other listing.

I know that all of the mags will fit into a USPS Priority box and I also know how much one costs to send.

Both listings state $7 Priority.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=007

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

I had asked him before bidding if he would combine shipping. He stated he would. Now he sends me an e-mail stating that combined shipping costs for Priority mail delivery will be $16.25.

If I asked him to ship them according to each seperate listing I could SAVE $2.25......

It seems to me that by Combing those two listing together he has raised the cost of shipping by $2.25. My thinking on shipping the two listing together was to save him some time and trouble and to save me a little money....

I think I will ask him to ship the two listings seperately......

Save myself a couple of bucks..... :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:32 pm 

well i would raise that with him anyway anny....you are meant to buy more to combine and SAVE on shipping, not actually increase the joint sum!!!!

and of course you can now leave negs and he cant do anything as well.

the pegasus, you prb paid on the higher side, though it looks like youve got a #10 which is one of the harder to find issues.

the other books might be a good deal though, if the book of treasure maps II, village book I and castles book I are all 1st prints.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:24 pm 

Aneoth wrote:

Perhaps, but it seems on the high side for a few magazines....

7 mags (Pegasis) in one listing.
6 Mags (Judges Guild) in the other listing.

I know that all of the mags will fit into a USPS Priority box and I also know how much one costs to send.

Both listings state $7 Priority.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I had asked him before bidding if he would combine shipping. He stated he would. Now he sends me an e-mail stating that combined shipping costs for Priority mail delivery will be $16.25.

If I asked him to ship them according to each seperate listing I could SAVE $2.25......

It seems to me that by Combing those two listing together he has raised the cost of shipping by $2.25. My thinking on shipping the two listing together was to save him some time and trouble and to save me a little money....

I think I will ask him to ship the two listings seperately......
Save myself a couple of bucks..... :roll:

You might pretend you are being helpful and "accidentally" let him know a flat rate box can be had for $10.  There is a chance it's just an honest mistake on his part.....?

I don't know what he was thinking anyway, as 7 mags will NOT fit inside a priority envelope.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:47 pm 

Troll and Toad are quick. I bought a "2nd print beta DMG" from them which was, in fact, a 6th print DMG. I emailed them and filed a PayPal dispute, and the very next day I got messages they were willing to refund, after I shipped the item back. So, we shall see. Have to ship it out tomorrow - will probably send it with confirmation so I know they got the damned thing.

Now, I just got to find a real 2nd print beta... damnit.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:13 pm 

Non-US buyers, careful of this guy:

eBay listings

Somewhere down below the items description, below the S&H rates, he adds a line which states that "International bidders pay actual shipping + $10". No, OF COURSE I did not notice that line down there. My example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=003

Of course he gave no explanation whatsoever of the reason why he does this. Even worse, while actual postage was $8.65, he charged me $22 (for shipping that item only), which is somewhat more than 10 dollars over. This does not take into account the extra 3 dollars for insurance, which I'm pretty sure is cheaper, since I've always bought postal insurance for $1.85 (even this was not explained).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:30 pm 

well you can totally neg his ass and give crappy DSRs anyway, so its not a total loss :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:33 pm 

guerret wrote:Non-US buyers, careful of this guy:

eBay listings

Somewhere down below the items description, below the S&H rates, he adds a line which states that "International bidders pay actual shipping + $10". No, OF COURSE I did not notice that line down there. My example:

Of course he gave no explanation whatsoever of the reason why he does this. Even worse, while actual postage was $8.65, he charged me $22 (for shipping that item only), which is somewhat more than 10 dollars over. This does not take into account the extra 3 dollars for insurance, which I'm pretty sure is cheaper, since I've always bought postal insurance for $1.85 (even this was not explained).

What an ass clown. I hope you didn't give him DSR's anywhere above 1.  What he's doing is so bush league its ridiculous.  Remember the guy can do NOTHING if you give him lousy DSRs.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:49 pm 

One of the worst feedback ratings I have ever seen 8O

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 0255469627

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:55 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:One of the worst feedback ratings I have ever seen 8O

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 0255469627

Why would anyone ever buy from this individual?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:06 pm 

Because they're stupid, and think they'll be the exception.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:03 pm 

And here's his response as to why he doesn't take Paypal:

Eh whatever,if you closely look at my feedback-the neg.'s are unjust.& I have so many more positive dealings w/much higher sales than the one listed,so yeh-im not taking paypay,because i do not have anyway to retrieve the funds.
sincerely,Mr.Polizio

Eh, yeah, OK hammerhead, eh, I feel comfortable, eh, buying your crap.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:54 am 

Badmike wrote:
What an ass clown. I hope you didn't give him DSR's anywhere above 1.  What he's doing is so bush league its ridiculous.  Remember the guy can do NOTHING if you give him lousy DSRs.

Mike B.

Well, no, I'm better than he. I left a neutral because, after all, I could have read that text of the extra 10 dollars, however unjustified it is, plus the item arrived fast and it was exactly as it should. As for the DSRs, I left a 1 only at the shipping charges, because for the rest the seller was polite and responsive.

I play fair.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:59 pm 

guerret wrote:
Well, no, I'm better than he. I left a neutral because, after all, I could have read that text of the extra 10 dollars, however unjustified it is, plus the item arrived fast and it was exactly as it should. As for the DSRs, I left a 1 only at the shipping charges, because for the rest the seller was polite and responsive.

I play fair.

Good for you, guerret.  You are a better man.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:37 pm 

guerret wrote:Non-US buyers, careful of this guy:

eBay listings

I just bought an item from this guy.  I failed to notice the $10 surcharge before I bid :(

I paid and received the item.  It wasn't in the condition it was advertised.  I've sent him an email giving him the chance to correct things.  I complained about the conditon and the $10 extra postage.

I got a decent enough email back.  He accepts the point on the condition but says the $10 extra was in the listing.  I've asked him for a $10 refund for the item condition and pointed out that he has already been negged and neutralled for the shipping costs and that he is unlikely to get uch repeat business and will see his feedback suffer if he doesn't change his ways on shipping.  We'll see if he cooperates.  If not I'll be forced to neg him. :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:02 pm 

guerret wrote:Well, no, I'm better than he. I left a neutral because, after all, I could have read that text of the extra 10 dollars, however unjustified it is, plus the item arrived fast and it was exactly as it should.

:? You're definitely a lot better, but also poorer.

This doesn't fall under "reasonable shipping", he's tacking on a fee for no reason at all.  If it said "International bidders pay actual shipping + $1000 (U.S. funds only)" in a line at the bottom that nobody reads, would you still just shrug and pay it?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:02 pm 

Sardan wrote:
I just bought an item from this guy.  I failed to notice the $10 surcharge before I bid :(

I paid and received the item.  It wasn't in the condition it was advertised.  I've sent him an email giving him the chance to correct things.  I complained about the conditon and the $10 extra postage.

I got a decent enough email back.  He accepts the point on the condition but says the $10 extra was in the listing.  I've asked him for a $10 refund for the item condition and pointed out that he has already been negged and neutralled for the shipping costs and that he is unlikely to get uch repeat business and will see his feedback suffer if he doesn't change his ways on shipping.  We'll see if he cooperates.  If not I'll be forced to neg him. :(

As much as I hate the new Ebay feedback rules, this is EXACTLY the type of moron they were created for, hopefully to put out of business.  

Has anyone reported this guy yet for avoidance of fees?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:13 am 

Just wanted everyone to know about a recent transaction I had with the seller ebonbear.  I won this auction for a 3rd print War of Wizards a couple of weeks ago:

As you can see from the picture, the box looks pretty darn spectacular with only the small scuff/ding on the lower right corner.  Shipping was $8 but I didnt think it was high considering the item.  When I received the item a few days later I was disgusted by the lack of honesty and care the seller took in getting the item to me.  The box was shipped in a flimsy bubblewrap mailer which I assume caused the corner in the upper left to split.  Or the corner had already been split and left out of the auction description.  Either way.....crappy deal for me.  I was also pissed when I found out that $4 of my $8 was pocketed for "Handling" charges which also were not disclosed in the auction description.  Wouldnt have bothered me at all if the seller had the brains to ship the damn thing in a box.  This is definitely one of the sellers that Ebay's new rules will hopefully weed out.  I left a well deserved negative and he can't do a damn thing about it.  I even forewarned the seller that I was pissed and considering leaving a neg and didnt receive an email from him.  Guess he doesnt care at all....and now neither do I.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 104123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 102103104