Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 104123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:03 am 

You cut me to the quick, Mike. Does that mean our bet is off?

:evil:

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:28 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote:Some mixed/negative reviews on here about Titan Games to say the least.  I am considering bidding on some low value items on eBay from them.  Is the consensus that Titan Games is someone to stay away from (like Cougar), or are there some good, some bad experiences?  Again, we aren't talking expensive stuff, but I also don't want to spend $10-20 and find I am looking for the same item again in a week.

Shipping used to be $X, then each additional item was an additional half-$X.  As long as you keep track of shipping while you are bidding on items, you'll be fine.

I haven't ordered from Tonya in two years.  Everything I ordered was as pictured.  Packing was solid.

So is Colleen going to be as, uh, feisty as Tonya?  I like spirited women.   :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:03 am 

Anyone got a pic of Colleen?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:28 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Anyone got a pic of Colleen?

I'm going to cease commenting until I get an age confirmation.... 8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:53 pm 

Er, Colleen is the current Mrs. King (Marcus' wife)

There might be a picture of her on Marcus' myspace page, I haven't looked.

-- Former Titan Games staffer

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:55 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:So is Colleen going to be as, uh, feisty as Tonya?  I like spirited women.   :D

My prediction is, that emails and comments from Colleen will read <i>just like</i> the ones from Tonya... Down to the same misspellings and mangled punctuation. That's my guess.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:41 pm 

Old_Sardul wrote:
My prediction is, that emails and comments from Colleen will read <i>just like</i> the ones from Tonya... Down to the same misspellings and mangled punctuation. That's my guess.

Nice that things won't change then.... :roll:

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:16 pm 

Old_Sardul wrote:Er, Colleen is the current Mrs. King (Marcus' wife)

Whoops!  I don't think I want Marcus angry with me.  If his daughter is a chip off the old block, I don't the whole block coming down on my head.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:09 pm 

I don't give a crap if she's the Pope's wife. Picture!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:03 am 

Here's a seller in the UK that likes to charge postage and handling of £1.60 per copy of White Dwarf, no matter how many you are unfortunate enough to win. I 'won' seven copies for £6.65, a fair enough price for mostly issues in the 80s-90s range, seller wanted £11.35 to send them. When queried about the attempted rip-off he blamed me for not asking about combined shipping costs before the auction. So there, I told you if anyone tried to rip me off I'd speak up about it. Seller's handle is rfawc - one to avoid. In fairness, he did agree to simply void the sale once I queried the unreasonable costs, but there was no hint of an apology and no acknowledgement he was breaking eBay shipping rules. If anything, following the eBay changes I think shipping scams have GONE UP! And is that surprising given the new eBay fee structure? Some sellers now, more than ever, seem to be turning to shipping as a way to maximise their profits and avoid the fee hikes. Buyer gets conned in the process. You'd think eBay would crack down on this considering they squeeze every penny everywhere else. But they always seem to overlook the real problems.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:48 am 

thanks for letting me know dan....will avoid in the future. i have had someone do that to me as well and i will never go near him either.

best

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:53 pm 

You should have paid for each one individually - waiting for delivery before paying for the next - way to pile on these paypal fees to the seller! (And I guess, FWIW, his DSR star rating would be heading for the basement!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:30 pm 

OK, I won this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=025

I paid by personal check which it says in the item decription is an acceptable form pf payment. The seller - hytr456 sends me a message saying he cannot accept my check because the bank charges him $20.00 for a foreign currency check, he adds this is a U.S. Treasury Department law and that the banks have to comply.

WHAT!? Now I know this is not true because I pay with personal check about 50% of the time, and I buy from U.S. sellers all the time. And if it was true it definately should be somewhere in the item description. Anyway I just sent  him a message to send me an invoice through Paypal, lets see where this goes.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:38 pm 

I know my bank will not accept foreign checks, though its been a while and I don't recall the reason given.  However they will accept a foreign money order in US dollars.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:49 pm 

If a bank does not accept foreign currency cheques than I would be skeptical in dealing with them. Seems sort of second rate if you ask me.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:56 pm 

Tell him you don't want it. They usually go cheaper anyways.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 pm 

xraygord wrote:OK, I won this auction.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I paid by personal check which it says in the item decription is an acceptable form pf payment. The seller - hytr456 sends me a message saying he cannot accept my check because the bank charges him $20.00 for a foreign currency check, he adds this is a U.S. Treasury Department law and that the banks have to comply.

WHAT!? Now I know this is not true because I pay with personal check about 50% of the time, and I buy from U.S. sellers all the time. And if it was true it definately should be somewhere in the item description. Anyway I just sent  him a message to send me an invoice through Paypal, lets see where this goes.

It doesn't sound like the guy is trying to screw you (unless he is asking you to pay the additional $20!), so your move here is to either use a different form of payment or just cancel the transaction.  You can't get negative feedback anymore as the buyer, so no worries, just wasted time.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:14 pm 

xraygord wrote:OK, I won this auction.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

My bank....Bank of America...will charge me $20 on a personal check from another country not from another Bank of America.  Which is why I don't accept personal checks from out of country buyers anymore.  Some US banks are just ridiculous.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 104123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 102103104