Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 104123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 102103104
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Hmm... judging by the avatar, the user location, and the fine turn of phrase, it has all the hallmarks of vermillion - sorry, Mandalaymoon.

I'll bet you $20 it wasn't him ...  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:34 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'll bet you $20 it wasn't him ...  :wink:

Yeah, sorry Xax - I posted then went out to the PO. While in the car I realised I'd put Mandalay when clearly I meant yourself. No idea why the switch, just a brain hiccup on my part.

BTW, I looked in your profile on BGG what caused the rant?

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 pm 

Oh, I rant over there all the time. My basic thesis can be boiled down to my belief that that site is jammed with complete hypocrites. Every so often I'll pop out of the woodwork and point out something that's particularly galling, but I'm not a power user or anything; I've made like 100 total posts in five years.

I actually liked BGG much better before they added forums. I need to stick to my recent resolution to ignore the "general" forums (the game-specific forums are fine) and just use the site as it was first intended: as nothing more than a halfway decent database.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:56 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Oh, I rant over there all the time. My basic thesis can be boiled down to my belief that that site is jammed with complete hypocrites. Every so often I'll pop out of the woodwork and point out something that's particularly galling, but I'm not a power user or anything; I've made like 100 total posts in five years.

I actually liked BGG much better before they added forums. I need to stick to my recent resolution to ignore the "general" forums (the game-specific forums are fine) and just use the site as it was first intended: as nothing more than a halfway decent database.

Wow. I just  browsed around on the forums for awhile. There are some SERIOUS tools on that site.  Can't wait to see what kind of nonsense will pop up once they get RPG Game Geek up someday... 8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:52 am 

Oh, it is a haven for tools. I could list about 10,000 examples, but I'll just sum it up by saying that the worst of the BGG power-users have way too much time on their hands and feel a continual compulsion to remind everyone how smart they are.

Overall, BGG's general forums are next to useless; the better way to use the site is to ignore the front page altogether and just visit the game-specific pages.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:46 am 

mdr003 wrote: the hallmarks of vermillion - sorry, Mandalaymoon.

Yeah, sorry about possible confusion on the screen name change but I had a few people use the alternative spelling of vermilion with two Ls that caused confusion for email and Paypal so I changed it to something simpler.  Plus vermilion sounds close to vermin, which is a rather nasty association...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:38 pm 

So Tonya has added a rant to her AboutMe page about the guy who started the thread over at BGG:

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... itan-games

Always the sign of a good seller: being a vindictive bitch who has to get the last word in.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:07 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:So Tonya has added a rant to her AboutMe page about the guy who started the thread over at BGG:

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... itan-games

Always the sign of a good seller: being a vindictive bitch who has to get the last word in.

You know....kind of a different take on it.....

I went ahead and blocked the buyer in that incident, Madorosh.

Reason being:  A flat rate priority box to Canada is $23.   The initial shipping Tonya quoted was $23.  Not to mention the guy didn't take the trouble to actually READ her listing and find out the terrible shipping deals Tonya has for international customers. Frankly, I'd rip the guy I new one also. What the hell is the guy bitching about...that he can't read?   I'd hate to have the guy with that kind of attitude rip me on his About Me page....

I'd advise other sellers to block the guy also....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:04 pm 

So Tonya has added a rant to her AboutMe page about the guy who started the thread over at BGG:

After law school I plan to work for the firm Dewey, Cheatem & Howe.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:38 pm 

Blocked madorosh.  Thanks!

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:57 pm 

Some mixed/negative reviews on here about Titan Games to say the least.  I am considering bidding on some low value items on eBay from them.  Is the consensus that Titan Games is someone to stay away from (like Cougar), or are there some good, some bad experiences?  Again, we aren't talking expensive stuff, but I also don't want to spend $10-20 and find I am looking for the same item again in a week.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:13 am 

Be prepared to take it up the can in shipping, and you'll be OK.
Personally, I would never buy from them.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:11 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Be prepared to take it up the can in shipping, and you'll be OK.
Personally, I would never buy from them.

I always account for shipping before bidding, and IIRC, they are offerring free shipping (maybe in response to earlier criticisms).  I am concerned that what is described is what is sold.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:44 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
I always account for shipping before bidding, and IIRC, they are offerring free shipping (maybe in response to earlier criticisms).  I am concerned that what is described is what is sold.

I can't recall any issues regarding items not being as described - just about every complaint I've seen is about shipping costs and attitude.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:20 pm 

Is it me, or has she begun to look more and more like Bupu?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:34 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Is it me, or has she begun to look more and more like Bupu?

Hey man, Tonya is out, Colleen is IN!  Can't wait to see her at Gencon this year.....is she old enough for Martin to date?

Hi there! I am Colleen King, and I sell collectible stuff on eBay under the name: Titan-Games.  

For Those Looking For Tonya:
She has moved to Germany for a year, and is staying with her biological mother, grandparents, and great grandmother.  She is also studying abroad.  I have taken over her eBay operation until she returns.  :)

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:03 am 

You cut me to the quick, Mike. Does that mean our bet is off?

:evil:

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:28 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote:Some mixed/negative reviews on here about Titan Games to say the least.  I am considering bidding on some low value items on eBay from them.  Is the consensus that Titan Games is someone to stay away from (like Cougar), or are there some good, some bad experiences?  Again, we aren't talking expensive stuff, but I also don't want to spend $10-20 and find I am looking for the same item again in a week.

Shipping used to be $X, then each additional item was an additional half-$X.  As long as you keep track of shipping while you are bidding on items, you'll be fine.

I haven't ordered from Tonya in two years.  Everything I ordered was as pictured.  Packing was solid.

So is Colleen going to be as, uh, feisty as Tonya?  I like spirited women.   :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 104123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 102103104