Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 104123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:37 pm 

serleran wrote:And then, there are the ones who refuse to allow other shipping methods, which I find to be total BS, outright. For example, maybe I don't want my item in 2-3 days (priority) when I can get it in 3-5 (flat rate) for half. I think I'm going to stop bidding on all auctions that don't let me pick my shipping method. After all, once I pay for it, its no longer the seller's item... its mine; they have my money and my item; why should they be the ones to dictate how I get my own stuff? I can have it sent to me however the hell I want, and if it gets lost or screwed up, it should be my fault because I didn't request it be sent in a better manner.

Needless, this little thing with eBay pisses me off to no end.

I don't like to allow other shipping prices because I want the item to get there the EASIEST and FASTEST method possible, which is typically by priority mail.  Once again, if you don't like the guy's shipping methods, you can pick and choose who to bid on, the market will even itself out.  If someone specifically asks me for another shipping method I will consider it, but I've gotten tired of the "Where is my item?" emails the last few years that start a few days after the purchase, and always when the item has been sent by media mail, to be followed by the "I'm reporting you to ebay you bastard thief" emails that occur about day 7 or so.  People don't understand media mail is SLOW, and thus I avoid it in almost all cases unless the package is very heavy.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:25 pm 

nevcoup wrote:I was reacting to the "not this again" "end of story" "he's a bad guy 'cause he's mentioned here" bold statements.

That was me, and as evidenced by the several pages of crap that flowed thereafter, you probably owe me an apology.  (I accept Paypal if you're really sorry...)  :lol:

I was trying to save this otherwise useful thread from another rumble regarding shipping/handling practices.  We've been through it many times.  There's never going to be consensus.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:25 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Okay, we both got our shots in. Are we going to shake virtual hands now and call it a day?

Thats okay by me, I really don't want to argue anymore.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:26 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:That was me, and as evidenced by the several pages of crap that flowed thereafter, you probably owe me an apology.  (I accept Paypal if you're really sorry...)  :lol:

I was trying to save this otherwise useful thread from another rumble regarding shipping/handling practices.  We've been through it many times.  There's never going to be consensus.

Wait a sec, why do you get paid for not coming through then. :?   You only get paid if your diversionary tactics work.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:42 am 

nevcoup wrote:I hate to be a naysayer, but, even if his auctions are shut down, I hink he is far less "shady" than those who do the very same thing without mentioning it. We're actually going after this guy for being honest in this case.

He doesn't exactly say he includes Ebay fees in his shipping, he says:
"My shipping costs consider EBay listing fees, PayPal fees, shipping material costs and postage."

Clearly it is a mere semantics issue, but he may even be able to keep the auctions up.

I agree with the poster above that a "friendly" email regarding Ebay rules would have been a better way to start with this guy.

Just to make everything clear, my beef was with labeling this guy as shady when, in fact, he was making all his stupid moves publicly with full disclosure. I was not making an argument about postage fees, or handling charges at all.

So when I got the response quoted above I reacted negatively. Like I said, I typically avoid this thread, so was unaware that a shipping/handling debate was even on the horizon. Looked to me like we all agreed he overcharged (no debate) and that the real beef was about his Ebay ethics. So my motivation with the thread nazi label was all about shutting debate down regarding this guys status as a mouth-breathing shady lowlife. I always think conversation is in order before sticking a potent label on someone...as such, sorry for the thread nazi label :oops:  :(

I'll just slowly back out of this thread....NO THREAD FOR ME!!!!

Peace all :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Wait a sec, why do you get paid for not coming through then. :?   You only get paid if your diversionary tactics work.  :wink:

That's it, I'm filing a grievance with the union.  Talk about shady!  :lol:

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:17 pm 

That's not good news. No one messes with the International Brotherhood of Lemur-Wizards.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:10 pm 

Hmmm..interesting:

eBay listings

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hmmm..interesting:

eBay listings

???  an old bad seller I assume :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:45 pm 

From Virginia and the ol' white sheet background... man some people are scumbags for life.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:11 pm 

Plaag wrote:From Virginia and the ol' white sheet background... man some people are scumbags for life.

ShaneG.

Unbelievable....

I may try to win something just to be sure..

But it appears our old friend is back:

Feedback Profile

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:25 pm 

Never heard of him before.  Do I need to add this guy to my non-bidders list? :?:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:01 pm 

He's a semi-legendary rip-off artist whose specialty is multiple user IDs. Well, that and getting smoked out every time by BC ...

Here's 32 pages of his most recent exploits for your reading pleasure:

viewtopic.php?t=1898&start=620

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:14 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Never heard of him before.  Do I need to add this guy to my non-bidders list? :?:

Yes!

BC is normally spot on with this. All previous incarnations usual MO IIRC, is to build up a bit of feedback, selling standard-ish stuff (as is up now) and as time goes by start selling better and rarer stuff (Was Kobold Hall one of his specials?). Then the wheels fall of and most everyone gets f***ed over.

Forgive me if I'm wrong about this, Brian has weeded out a few scum-bags over the years and they tend to all merge into one.

Nice work Brian, even if you're not doing it anymore 8O

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:53 am 

I should point this guy out:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 0184939005

I won 5 blisters from him. He sent me an invoice for $10 shipping. I asked him how 5 blisters at Bulk rate makes $10, and he replied that he had decided to only ship Prio. Whatever. So, I mentioned that even at Prio rates, $10 was excessive. He claimed they weighed 1.5 lbs. OK.........

Guess what I got? A Bulk rate package at 15 oz.

When I asked him what the deal was, he began to whine about how I got the minis at 44% off, and he had to recoup losses. Bang goes the neg.

Never lie to a customer.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:00 pm 

I've actually had dealings with Dungeon Trader's online store with no problems and actually some good communication. Though it seems even respected online store sellers do try the shipping gouge (Those are for others to say though if they wish as I don't recall an instance with myself)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:05 pm 

What I took issue with was A: Offering First Class in the auction and then insisting on Prio and B: Flat-out lying about the weight and cost.
Never lie to a customer.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:40 am 

Plaag wrote:I've actually had dealings with Dungeon Trader's online store with no problems and actually some good communication. Though it seems even respected online store sellers do try the shipping gouge (Those are for others to say though if they wish as I don't recall an instance with myself)

ShaneG.

The "shipping gouge" is standard practice at the moment.

I only have a real problem with it if the seller does not post his shipping prices.

The Ebay feature that allows a buyer to search "lowest price + shipping" is a nice improvement.  Saves me having to search through modules being sold for 99 cents, + $6.99 shipping.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 104123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 102103104