Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 98 of 104123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 102103104
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:57 pm 

These auctions are a little older now, and I don't know this seller, but they should know better than to do this:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Collector's need to be informed before making purchases for items that are listed for this much.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:13 pm 

isnt this just a pod

lost handbook

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:35 pm 

bbarsh wrote in Shady Dealers:First, I will go back and read through some of these later tonight to answer objectively and coherently. I will say that at this time, I know nearly all sets were shipped. As everyone clearly is aware, the massive length of time it took me to complete and deliver this project was certainly, well, horrible. That is in me and I have always taken responsibility for that. The problem with delivery of some sets is that KS has removed some
Buyers who are no longer on KS OR WE HAVE. BAD EMAIL ADDRESSES. I have noted this in updates.

So I will our this right out there, if you have not received your set, please email me:  [email protected]

Again, I have made plenty of mistakes on this and I am truly sorry. It doesn’t go a long way, but there it is.

I will read back through these and respond as I can. Especially to backers. Speculation by those who aren’t backers is fine. I’m a target-rich environment regarding this so it is what it is.

Respectfully
Bill

I’m going to stick this back up, as Bill (surprisingly) never responded, even though it’s 5 months later and not the next night as suggested. Not even logged onto the site since the first week of May, so I would suggest staying clear of any future KS or sales offered by Pacesetter Games unfortunately

What is a real shame is that the quality is really very good! It’s just let down by lies, broken promises and missed deadlines.
Maybe Bill will recover something credit one day, but for me, I’d never order anything from him ever again, which actually does upset me.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:32 pm 

I don't know if he will respond if that email address was used, as it has a typo in it.  It should be: [email protected]

FWIW, his son Ben has been much more reliable and responsive as of late.  Even though I've backed off purchases from Pacesetter myself, I still supporting his son's Kickstarters occasionally.  I've really backed off of Kickstarters in general though.  Way too many failed/unfulfilled, and some of the ones that I have supported have been a mess to track.  I've also been inundated by subsequent emails for new Kickstarters.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:28 pm 

I’ve only backed 5 KS projects and unfortunately, 2 came up fine, 1 didn’t deliver anything and the guy disappeared, and the other 2 kind of delivered some goods over the course of many years, so it’s not something I’ll go in with again either

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:25 pm 

I backed a number of Kickstarters way back when it was a trusted platform, but there have been so many failures and people doing a runner with the money and leaving backers high and dry over the past few years that I stopped putting money into people’s projects.

I still privately support projects on a personal level, but I’m no longer interested in Kickstarters because there is low value for money as a supporter, and way too much risk attached to such value.

The current economic outlook increases the likelihood of failures to my mind. No means to control rising prices and/or failure to deliver further down the line of printed copy, coupled with the likelihood of substantial increases in the costs of shipping.

Maybe if there were a meeting of minds between some big names in the industry, I may be tempted back to Kickstarter, but I don’t see that level of talent coming together on the right kind of project any time soon.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:37 am 

This just wastes everybody's time.  :roll:

No, not as new. Nor is the white box set you have up "museum quality".

Seller already has one -ve feedback specifically to do with poor quality as well.

And yet, and yet... bids and bids.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:49 am 

red_bus wrote in Shady Dealers:

The lo-impact 1970s dice included might be helping to raise the bids.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:55 am 

Aha!! ... you are less sleepy than me this morning. I wondered why the bids were still rising.  :lol:

Let's go fly a kite

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:05 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Shady Dealers:
The lo-impact 1970s dice included might be helping to raise the bids.

For those of us not paying attention to dice collecting, can you spell out how this rates as shady?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:02 pm 

stylean wrote in Shady Dealers:
For those of us not paying attention to dice collecting, can you spell out how this rates as shady?

The dice are lo-impact. If the buyer tries using them, they might be disappointed to find the plastic wears down without the benefit of modern polyhedral technology. If they try using the Holmes-era D4 as a small caltrop, their enemies might charge over them unhindered. No one wants that mentioned in Ebay feedback.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:57 am 

sauromatian wrote in Shady Dealers:... If they try using the Holmes-era D4 as a small caltrop, their enemies might charge over them unhindered. No one wants that mentioned in Ebay feedback.

Agree. I have been using modern d4s for home defence, quite successfully, for some time now. They need to be pointy!

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:16 pm 

red_bus wrote in Shady Dealers:
Agree. I have been using modern d4s for home defence, quite successfully, for some time now. They need to be pointy!

Better defence than Lego

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:33 pm 

Not sure I’ve seen anything like this recently...

... and more

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:28 pm 

Hello People and Others,

I know I don't post much but rest assured I have been here more days than not, learning from you bunch of passionate collectors. Sadly I am preparing to sell a large portion of my collection because - finances. I am not the savviest seller on ebay but I can manage. One thing I wanted to do was update my Blocked Buyer list from the "you know whos". To some they would be happy to hear that I used the search function! Several times, and for multiple things! Amazing what one can find. Anyway I copied and pasted the list into ebay and I thought I would offer that a few ID's are no longer in service:

Your blocked bidder list has successfully been updated with new information you submitted. The following user(s) were not valid and therefore not added to your list.

littleprincessfreya :        Invalid User Id
moneyforoldrope2010 :        Invalid User Id
lisas_stuff_too! :        Invalid User Id

I've read some very good discussion for and against having a sticky with an active list of Shady Types. However if someone has had wanton and negligent dealings with a particular buyer please feel free to let me know so I can add them to my list. I'm starting small with the listings and working my way up to the more "interesting" stuff. Once I get my listing up all make a note in the Classifieds.

"Drinking contests with humans are unbearable. They drink, they collapse, and we have to drag them back to their homes. The next day they never remember losing."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:25 pm 

This seller makes me mad.

The seller has sold a lot of these, and it's not clear if these are blatant copies or the POD versions.  Lot of tricky wording "Pre-Owned", "Condition:Used", “Near Mint and Unread - Please see the full description - This is a Perfect Bound Reprint”, "These products were created by scanning an original printed edition because original digital layout files never existed or were no longer available from the publisher."

That last statement would imply that they are not POD, but copyright infringing copies.

And on the point of no longer available - really?  A quick Google search and I can find them for sale by the publisher for considerably less:

** eBay auction listing blocked by The Acaeum.  Seller is on our blacklist **

CM3 Sabre River (Basic) - Wizards of the Coast | D&D Basic | Adventure Modules | D&D Basic | DriveThruRPG.com

B1 In Search of the Unknown (Basic) - Wizards of the Coast | D&D Basic | Adventure Modules | D&D Basic | DriveThruRPG.com

D2 Shrine of the Kuo-Toa (1e) - Wizards of the Coast | Adventures | AD&D 1st Ed. | DriveThruRPG.com

I don't mind if someone is trying to turn an honest profit, but this is just shady to me.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:12 pm 

dbartman wrote in Shady Dealers:This seller makes me mad.

"For example in picture #2 what looks like a stain is from the original copy and not a real stain on this book."

How often do we get to appreciate a good dog-vomit stain, without all the unpleasantness of actual dog vomit? The seller is performing a service.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 pm 

Another seller looking for an angle to sell reprints masquerading as legitimate originals in SW with dice, in an effort to make the item more appealing:

Listed as "Used".  Nowhere does it state it's a reprint.

Some of the sellers other items at least state they are reprints, but they are listed for a considerable amount considering.  They are in "SW" though.

Some past sales:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Thoughts?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 98 of 104123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 102103104