Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 94 of 104123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 102103104
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:05 am 

Yes, pretty sure I saw that post... I think the Grolm deleted his classified post around the time he chose to stiff Aia.  Sad.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:02 pm 

yes, I remember seeing that too.

why not just start the bidding at the lowest price he'd be happy to sell for or just stick a reserve on it? I know ea of those costs more than a .99cent auction, but it would easily avoid a situation like this. Seems very unfair to Aia.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:23 am 

Lets set aside my negative experience...  At the end of the day i dint lose any money, the real point here is that i absolutely want to mark this seller as a shady dealer for future and less prepared buyers... What pisses me off is that ebay.de will likely cancel my neg and he will look like as a perfect seller after the "resolution center" bulls***t...  This is the most annoying part of the event!
What could i do more than what i tried so far??
Ciaoo

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:01 pm 

Just got a note from eBay about this seller:

** eBay auction listing blocked by The Acaeum.  Seller is on our blacklist **

Look familiar? Supposedly, their account was "accessed by a third party" and may have been used for nefarious purposes. I guess that is what they call it when you attempt to pull a scam.............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:03 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Shady Dealers:Just got a note from eBay about this seller:

** eBay auction listing blocked by The Acaeum.  Seller is on our blacklist **

Look familiar? Supposedly, their account was "accessed by a third party" and may have been used for nefarious purposes. I guess that is what they call it when you attempt to pull a scam.............

I agree with your assessment regarding this EBay Seller.  Buyers beware.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:09 pm 

Thought you guys would get a kick out of how this Dungeon Boardgame that I bought off eBay was shipped to me   :evil:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:39 pm 

dragonsbreath wrote in Shady Dealers:Thought you guys would get a kick out of how this Dungeon Boardgame that I bought off eBay was shipped to me   :evil:

I have no words.  Despite the odds, did it at least arrive unscathed?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:11 pm 

dragonsbreath wrote in Shady Dealers:Thought you guys would get a kick out of how this Dungeon Boardgame that I bought off eBay was shipped to me   :evil:

Wow! That is definitely going in the Hall of Fame for poor shipping practices  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:05 pm 

WTH?  I've never seen anything like that... wow.

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:10 pm 

This seller gets the, Eco-Friendly Seller of 2016 award :-).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:46 am 

Sometimes you just can't seem to find the right box laying around the house...  Most of us will go find one....  Unreal!

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 am 

blackdougal wrote in Shady Dealers:

I have no words.  Despite the odds, did it at least arrive unscathed?

It did arrive unscathed- other than a permanent label on the box hahaha

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:33 pm 

I'm remembering this did happen to me twice, years back, also with a board game and also on a Basic Set. I was really pissed. I thought maybe the items didn't sell for the price they wanted it to and mailed it out that way out of spite. Anyways, I mailed the one board game back (same way she shipped it to me) for the full refund. The Basic set fortunately had the contents undamaged (incl some extras...) which is what I was after.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:57 pm 

8O

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:46 am 

In 10 years of enjoying this hobby, I've never had to use a Paypal dispute...

cthulhu-hand-lukes_com

Ordered a book... seller couldn't find it, wouldn't issue a refund, & stopped communicating.

I finally had to escalate to Paypal to get my money back.  So at least I know buyer protection works, which is good.  But still a waste of time & energy.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:45 pm 

The other auction I just posted in the "silliest thread" also led me to this:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

"New" seller, from China with a ripped off auction(same as the other one was).

Yeah, avoid, avoid, avoid.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:47 pm 

Oh and ironically enough, it looks like I'm not the only one that had their bid cancelled by the seller in the "legit" auction.

What a turd. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:58 pm 

Has a negative under the "MrMan" ID for cancelling an auction for a pair of scooters. Shouldn't something be showing up for these as well?

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 94 of 104123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 102103104