Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 93 of 104123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:47 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote in Shady Dealers:
Badmike wrote in Shady Dealers:
It happens. Twice last year I sold something I couldn't locate, all you can do is apologize and give a full refund. With ebay stock sometimes getting mixed with convention stock, mistakes occur.

Mike B

This has happened to us also. Feel like a real ass when I can't locate the item.

I literally dropped a high priced item in the mud and stepped on it for good measure while hurrying to my truck to mail it. I'm still not sure the buyer believed my story.  PDT_Armataz_01_04

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:16 pm 

cdenham wrote in Shady Dealers:
burntwire brothers wrote in Shady Dealers:
This has happened to us also. Feel like a real ass when I can't locate the item.

I literally dropped a high priced item in the mud and stepped on it for good measure while hurrying to my truck to mail it. I'm still not sure the buyer believed my story.  PDT_Armataz_01_04

Oh well, what are you going to do? It's funny because after I initially responded to SH60B, I sold something on the RPG Auctions facebook page and now cannot find the item to save my life. I literally just took pictures of it and now it is gone. I've torn the house down looking for it as I know I didn't accidentally send it anywhere else. Buyer is super nice though and not in any rush so said take a week and see if crops up.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:28 pm 

Sounds like everyone needs to get more organized!   :D

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:26 pm 

SH60B wrote in Shady Dealers:Sounds like everyone needs to get more organized!   :D

You sure are right about that. My basement is just a long maze of stacks of books and boxes. I think there might even be a cat in there somewhere. My wife wants to know why we even finished the basement if it is just storage....lol.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:18 pm 

I once lost a RPGA1 for years....literally, had it in hand one day, and then it was gone. Tore the house apart, looked in umpteen million boxes, shelves, drawers, etc. Figured at one point I either sent it with another order, or accidentally threw it away. Then, one day, I was cataloging some box contents and I found it...it had been turned around, and another module put in the same bag facing forward, with a backing board...so it was completely undetectable unless I physically took the first module out of the bag. Have no idea why I did that, but it was fun to find a RPGA1 that I thought lost for a couple years.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:40 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Lo and behold, another shyster.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:19 pm 

cabala wrote in Shady Dealers:
SH60B wrote in Shady Dealers:Sounds like everyone needs to get more organized!   :D

You sure are right about that. My basement is just a long maze of stacks of books and boxes. I think there might even be a cat in there somewhere. My wife wants to know why we even finished the basement if it is just storage....lol.

When I was really sick I had to have everything boxed up and moved with me up to Vermont. Now that I've moved back to Delaware I'm still unboxing but everything is completely disorganized. This is amusing for maybe the first few dozen banker boxes, but it loses it savor soon after that.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:27 pm 

cabala wrote in Shady Dealers:

Doesn't she understand the importance of climate control?

:D

The owls are not what they seem...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:18 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Shady Dealers:

Lo and behold, another shyster.

Her response:

Thanks for your question. This listing was posted a week ago for a 7 day auction, and is ending this evening. I hope that answers your question. Thanks.

Am I wrong again?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:53 pm 

What was the question?

Can't imagine why anyone would be upset about someone failing to honor the results of an auction only to relist at a higher starting price than the original final bid.  :roll:

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:49 am 

SimperingToad wrote in Shady Dealers:What was the question?

Can't imagine why anyone would be upset about someone failing to honor the results of an auction only to relist at a higher starting price than the original final bid.  :roll:

I have smtg similat here:

I wrote several times via ebay,  i sent pm from here to the seller, i used the messaging system of his website...  Not a single byte of reply... I waited nearly one week for the reply now i am pretty sure he wants to avoid this sale...  I can understand its a bit frustrating seeing an uncommon item going for 1 euro but i cant be blamed if no one else put a bid on it,  it cant be my fault...

What should i do now?

Ciaoo

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:59 am 

Neg him, of course. That is reprehensible. Also, report him to eBay for not honoring the sale.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:01 pm 

Deadlord wrote in Shady Dealers:Neg him, of course. That is reprehensible. Also, report him to eBay for not honoring the sale.

Do you wanna laugh?  I wrote him an ultimatum and 10 mins later i got a request from the resolution center in order to cancel the transaction...  I obviously sent him a neg immediately but i have no other option than the acceptance of the request of cancellation...  Now i have two questions:
1 how can i report him as a fraudster on ebay?
2 how cani avoid that my neg will be deleted upon his request of cancellation?
Pls do not tell me to write to ebay support as i always get copy&paste replies with always the same link to the (hated) resolution center...  Any direct link to a specific ebay page to report him?
Thanks a lot!
Ciaooo

Ps it might be helpful to create a sticky withsome hints and link to similar problem in order to fight these shady dealers...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:27 am 

Is the seller a member here?  I thought I saw this item before somewhere, maybe in our classifieds

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:12 pm 

The way ebay seems to work at the moment is that if you threaten or even imply that you will neg a seller they will remove any negs you leave for that seller no matter how justified. You can neg a seller but if you tell them you are going to neg them it won't stick. Over something like refusal to sell I'd just note the name of the seller, not buy from them again and let it go.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:18 pm 

Aia's issue isn't sitting well with me.  Some of you all are much better at this stuff than me, but am I correct if in recalling the Grolm posting about his auctions in classifieds, and now the post has been removed?  Checking his post history, shows 10 posts made but only 5 remain.  I'm not really sure, did he remove his Acaeum ad at some point, suggesting the cancelled sale was deliberate.  Could someone confirm if I'm mis-remembering.  If not, that behavior is really bad form.

Don't know what one of these might sell for another time, I wouldn't sell out my credibility for the sake of a few bucks on one sale.

Aia, can you post the seller's details so we know to avoid him?  Unless of course the item turns up.

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:23 am 

Ok before my first alert here on the shady dealers the classified of the grolm was still on our boards...  Of course i find it reasonable that he removed it since he felt guilty for his behaviour.

Details of there seller are here:  eBay listings

The auction wherr i had problems is a couple of posts above the current one.

Now, i am in a corner as in the resolution center he posted his request of cancellation and i can either press the button for the acceptanve or wait util my acceptance will be automatically considered if i do not press the button for it... This is what i call an efficient end-to-end process ...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:33 am 

hmmm.. I don't know which way you should go on the ebay resolution. One thing I know for certain is that ebay is not in anyone's corner except for themselves. I would not keep your hopes on whether ebay will do the right thing.

Thunderdave wrote in Shady Dealers:Aia's issue isn't sitting well with me.  Some of you all are much better at this stuff than me, but am I correct if in recalling the Grolm posting about his auctions in classifieds, and now the post has been removed?  Checking his post history, shows 10 posts made but only 5 remain.  I'm not really sure, did he remove his Acaeum ad at some point, suggesting the cancelled sale was deliberate.  Could someone confirm if I'm mis-remembering.  If not, that behavior is really bad form.

I do recall seeing posts in the classifieds that Grolm put up. However, I think past classifieds posts will be erased/fall out of the list after a while as more and more new classified posts are created. There's either a time-limit on each classified post or there's a fixed number of posts. Foul or someone can clarify that.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 93 of 104123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 102103104