Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 92 of 104123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 102103104
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:51 pm 

faro wrote in Shady Dealers:I had, too, but they were virtually all passed on as freebies, or at cost; a source of some amusement as the price had spiked towards $200 almost as soon as it went out of print, then drifted higher still.
Still can't believe that was meant to be an "adequate" print run... :?

It was 6 months after they went out of print here that the prices started jumping. $60, then $120 and they were at $150 for awhile.

NOTE: From what I remember a third of the print run (which was what, under 1,000 copies) went unsold.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:22 pm 

Still in print/available into January 2009; Upper Works review? • Page 5 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum (about $28 IIRC)
Totally unavailable first week February; Upper Works review? • Page 9 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum ($75-100 "if you can find someone willing to sell")
Immediately taken $199 BIN at the start of May; Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay • Page 44 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum
List members scrabbling around willing to pay $200 by June; The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread • Page 75 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum
It really was that quick. (I did recheck before posting, sorry ;))

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:31 am 

faro wrote in Shady Dealers:Still in print/available into January 2009; Upper Works review? • Page 5 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum (about $28 IIRC)
Totally unavailable first week February; Upper Works review? • Page 9 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum ($75-100 "if you can find someone willing to sell")
Immediately taken $199 BIN at the start of May; Interesting Non-TSR Items Formerly on eBay • Page 44 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum
List members scrabbling around willing to pay $200 by June; The former Non-TSR Recent Fun Finds Thread • Page 75 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum

Pretty sure that Dec 31st was the last day they could be sold before the license was revoked, but I also thought it would take two years before they shot up in value. But I remember the ebay prices and $150 was a going price for a long while (at least at auction). Bin prices are usually higher.Was that $199 BIN one of mine?

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:31 am 

faro wrote in Shady Dealers:Still in print/available into January 2009; Upper Works review? • Page 5 • Collecting General - Non TSR •  The Acaeum (about $28 IIRC)

Pretty sure that Dec 31st was the last day they could be sold before the license was revoked, but I also thought it would take two years before they shot up in value. But I remember the ebay prices and $150 was a going price for a long while (at least at auction). Bin prices are usually higher.Was that $199 BIN one of mine?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:02 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Shortly after I bought it and his copy of issue #2 he cancelled both and sent me a message saying he'd sold them on craigslist for $35! Doubtful, but if true, you got a deal... PDT_Armataz_01_02

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:14 pm 

cdenham wrote in Shady Dealers:

Shortly after I bought it and his copy of issue #2 he cancelled both and sent me a message saying he'd sold them on craigslist for $35! Doubtful, but if true, you got a deal... PDT_Armataz_01_02

I'd give him the big red negative!

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:02 am 

Not a definite, but he has sold several of the Hess over the last month. I picked up a few; the paper seems to be different between entropy and DD1. Does anyone have a copy of either they can check? Entropy is really good paper, close up it has tiny raised boxes. DD is pretty much flat. Also, there seem to be copy lines on some pages. Dunno if Hess photocopied and sold them.
He may very well be on the up and up. If they are photocopied, he is only 3 hours away and I have a shitload of aggression to work off.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:59 am 

Deadlord wrote in Shady Dealers:

Not a definite, but he has sold several of the Hess over the last month. I picked up a few; the paper seems to be different between entropy and DD1. Does anyone have a copy of either they can check? Entropy is really good paper, close up it has tiny raised boxes. DD is pretty much flat. Also, there seem to be copy lines on some pages. Dunno if Hess photocopied and sold them.
He may very well be on the up and up. If they are photocopied, he is only 3 hours away and I have a shitload of aggression to work off.

If you do a search here, we hashed this out a few years ago.  All of the Sage Lore, Hess Games and Wyrm Works (and previously also things like Dungeon of Dr Demento, etc) are fakes.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:17 am 

Well, don't I feel like the fucking idiot. Now that you mention it, I recall that. Thanks, Mars, appreciated!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:32 pm 

This guy is selling a photocopy.

--

Chris Korczak | www.rpgrpgrpg.com
IOBA (Independent Online Booksellers Association)
SNEAB (Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:47 pm 

Well, at least the dude is being honest  :D

PAY ATTENTION: I'm NOT selling the original Module - I'm selling a high-quality black&white print.

The original X11 saga of the shadow lord  was printed in 1986 by TSR - RPGA Network - written by Stephen Bourne (an RPGA classic AD&D Adventure for 5-8 Characters, Levels 5-9)

have a nice biding

I don't think he's interested in you "bidding", just "biding" on his auction

btw.. he's also selling another photocopied module and another auction has a "lifelike Japanese sex doll"  :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:39 pm 

misterspock wrote in Shady Dealers:btw.. he's also selling another photocopied module and another auction has a "lifelike Japanese sex doll"  :roll:

Maybe that's a photocopy too...  :twisted:

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:11 pm 

I saw that sex doll as well - check out the measurements.  ;)

This guy is a winner.

--

Chris Korczak | www.rpgrpgrpg.com
IOBA (Independent Online Booksellers Association)
SNEAB (Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:28 pm 

ckorczak wrote in Shady Dealers:I saw that sex doll as well - check out the measurements.  ;)

This guy is a winner.

Yeah, and the description also has this line - "This is a one-piece inflatable doll, Only inflated, you can use."

I've never felt sorry for a silicon facsimile of a person ...until now.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:17 am 

The module sold and his ex-girlfriend has a bid.  :oops:

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:51 pm 

cdenham wrote in Shady Dealers:The module sold and his ex-girlfriend has a bid.  :oops:

Hey now, I've always had a thing for 'lifelike' silicon and she looked sexay so I though what the hell I've got enough in the paypal balance to take a spinnn..

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:28 pm 

Not sure if this is shady but certainly is anoyong.  Any one else had an issue with this seller?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:58 pm 

Not with this particular seller, but I've been bit by that several times while purchasing through eBay or Amazon.
I've also been on the receiving end of getting unordered books (in addition to my order) from large-scale sellers - so I know that this definitely happens.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 92 of 104123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 102103104