Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 87 of 104123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:12 pm 

File a claim with your credit card company and ask for the transaction to be reversed on account of fraud. Your credit card company will side with you over any third party. They just need your signature to that effect in order to act. Also, should he refuse to respond to phone calls and not respond to contact initiated through the PayPal console, you can claim with PayPal that that is evidence of fraudulent activity, and you can file a claim with eBay that he is operating an account using false information and has perpetrated a fraud. You can also ask your local police to recover this guy's address from PayPal (as they will not divulge it to you) and once you have it, you can initiate a legal case in his juristiction (or get someone with some friends who play baseball to go ask for your books).

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:19 pm 

Good Advice Mike!!

I actually called Paypal right away, I figured talking to a person was better than filing online.  Plus, I do a ton of business with them, so maybe that will help me.  I have been using Paypal since 2001, and this is the first claim I have filed, so hopefully that will help me as well.

I did check and some of the money was from my Paypal balance, but some came from my bank, so I may be able to contact them if Paypal goes the other way.

As far as the feedback goes, I left him positive feedback on Ebay since he delivered the one book in great time.  I should have waited until the other package arrived with the worthless magazines!! :x

Here is the seller's link:

eBay listings

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:43 pm 

No items for sale now, so looks like he's on the run..??

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm 

NMilty wrote:As far as the feedback goes, I left him positive feedback on Ebay since he delivered the one book in great time.  I should have waited until the other package arrived with the worthless magazines!! :x

I was wondering about that too, but thought maybe you had bought something from him previously.

I agree that the credit card is the best way to go in the end. I think there's a certain number of days you'll have, so check into that so you don't miss the window in case Paypal fails.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 pm 

By the way, anyone familiar with the ebay user "alohamonte"?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 pm 

You will never hear me complain again about Paypal fees or customer service!! :lol:

I contacted them this morning, and after explaining the situation again, they credited back to my account all of the money.

I feel like there is justice in the world!!
:D

Now, I just need Ebay to ban him and all will be good.  Thanks to all for the great advice and support!!

By the way, this clown's name is Patrick Barley, and he lives in Winnpeg, Canada.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:53 pm 

Great news!  Nice to hear a happy ending in this thread for a change. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:38 pm 

Great news. Sounds like PayPal works a lot better in the US than here in the UK. Claims here can take a month or more. Glad it worked out for you.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 am 

Received this e-mail today:

Hello and hope your having a great day!

I've been talking with several acaeum members about a Seller Another Eastern Chest aka David Randall at Wargames-East Ebay User ID.

Selling TONS of Copied Wyrm Works items - FAKE Magic Viewers - Sage Lore Items and you NAME IT! I've spoke with Phil (prvteye) Shawn (burntwire) and have gave them the scoop on this Crooked Seller!

I'm trying to get on to introduce myself to everyone and Post the WHOLE Story about wargames-east. And they are not rumors - nothing BUT Facts! This seller MUST be Stopped in his tracks - he has ripped at least 50 people off one poor sap for like $140.00 on nothing more than Well Made Copies.

This is not my Opinion its the Stone-Cold Truth and I can prove it! Wait until you here the story.

I CAN NOT believe you guys have not caught to this Scam Artist already -- I'm really pretty shocked that the big acaeum collectors have not even noticed it yet!

Every time I try and register is says my email can not be used? Which makes no since because its my Ebay Email address and everything?

I will tell you this -- if you would PLEASE help me figure out how to get registered there are going to be some really upset acauem buyers - if they were foolish enough to purchase one or any of those from him! Especially when I tell his little scam for all the D&D Community to see - and anyone with a Brain will quickly see that what I have to say is as real as rain.

So hoping to hear back from you soon,

Joe aka Joeknows93

Red flags were immediately raised, as the style of writing appears identical to James Corvin / Eastern Treasure Chest / (thousands of other incarnations), all well documented here in other threads.  I checked his IP and it's from Wytheville, VA, which is the epicenter of where all these characters have operated from.

THEREFORE, please avoid seller "joeknows93" on eBay.  He has several semi-rare items up on eBay right now.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 am 

Thanks Foul, that guy bought some old books from me and immediately relisted them without mentioning the writing, underlining, etc. in them and his listings were much higher prices.  I also was sent the same kind of info about "shady" dealers and rip-off artists whom I should never trust.  I didn't have any negative dealings, but I didn't care for his rants about other people.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 am 

Yep, it's him, same distinctive listing style (lots of bolded words, exclamation points, everything is RARE, etc) and location.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:18 pm 

Good timing.  I was eyeballing one of his listings.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:17 pm 

I just talked to someone James Corwin/Joe sent an email to....they are going to forward it to me. It sounds like the same old crap, someone is in the military, someone died (dying is very big in his scams, someone is always dying, either the husband or wife or brother), etc.  Whether or not these Wyrm Works items are "fakes", the guy spreading the word is a known scam artist and pathological liar, I wouldn't trust a thing he said.

Mike B

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:35 pm 

Badmike wrote:I just talked to someone James Corwin/Joe sent an email to....they are going to forward it to me. It sounds like the same old crap, someone is in the military, someone died (dying is very big in his scams, someone is always dying, either the husband or wife or brother), etc.  Whether or not these Wyrm Works items are "fakes", the guy spreading the word is a known scam artist and pathological liar, I wouldn't trust a thing he said.

Mike B

Maybe he has an excessively large family? You know, or getting married every other week / month. Maybe. With a big no in there.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 pm 

Hello, my name is Dave.  I am Wargames-east.  If you have any question, allegations or information that you would like to share in an open, and honest fashion, I am here to answer your questions, address your allegations and give you any information you would like.  I would have sooner if I knew that I was being dragged through the mud.

As a brief background; Tony (Robert) Callahan and many other names he uses, was at one time my partner in Wargames-east.  That is until I reported him for shell accounts, theft from me, and the non-delivery of good to ebay buyers.  It cost me $1200.00 and a LOT of emails so far, but I was able to severe our business relationship.  Something Robert (Tony) Callahan (James Corvin, Joe Daviddson and other bogus aliases) is not too happy about.  He also lied to me about pretty much everything to do with him.  I found out when I accidentally called his father (The real Tony Callahan) and got a VERY disturbing story about how Robert (Tony's son) had ruined his own father's credit, his mother's credit, his wife's credit and every relationship he ever had.  This of course is all so much dirty laundry and day time soap opera.  But its not even the half of it.  I will spare you the details unless you really want to know.

Then he accused me of selling counterfeit items.   One was a "Magic Viewer".  yeah, a counterfeit magic viewer.  Okay, look. . . maybe there are some people in the world who can fake that.  But I'm not one of them.  The chinese maybe.  But who would fake an item, that takes a long time to fake and sell it for $4.99.  I have a better than average IQ.  That is not going to happen.  I won't spend HOURS and I don't even know what kind of resources to fake a less than five dollar item for a VERY small number of buyers.  The idea is insane (kinda like Callahan BTW)

Then he spent a HUGE number of hour and emails from what ebay tells me, tryingto convince collectors (who BTW know the difference) that what I had already sold them were fakes.  Hess stuff, Wyrm works and other stuff.

Again, these people are just like you and I.  They know what they are buying and they ave me 100% postive feedback.  The only negatives I have are from Tonys fake accounts during the summer.  Oldly enough this laters rsh of attacks comes from ebay ID:  joeknows93  

If you would like to know the name of my most recent collection seller I would be happy to provide you with an introduction, and I will let him explain the mania that is Tony - Robert Callahan or Joe Dadviddson or any one of a number of other BS names he uses on a regular basis.

This fake account of Callahans was started July 5th 2012.

Look at the three (only three) negative feedbacks on Wargames-east2.  Hmm. . .  coincidence?  I think not.  Oldly enough I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Look at my account.  Look at who has left positive feedback on the items in questin, then askyourself if those people could ALL be fooled by fakes.

It doesn't add up.  Its not logical.

Lastly, I'm selling some decent stuff,and BTW its the tip of the iceberg.  I suppose when I list the factory sealed greyhawk box set or factory sealed greyhawk wars or five boxes of factory sealed fanacity or Raveloft, or spelljammer or role aids of flying buffalo that I faked those to?

If you have any questions, call me:  413-265-9553 or email me; [email protected].

I would be more than happy to address your questions.

Wargames-East

Last edited by wargames-east on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 pm 

NMilty wrote:You will never hear me complain again about Paypal fees or customer service!! :lol:

I contacted them this morning, and after explaining the situation again, they credited back to my account all of the money.

I feel like there is justice in the world!!
:D

Now, I just need Ebay to ban him and all will be good.  Thanks to all for the great advice and support!!

By the way, this clown's name is Patrick Barley, and he lives in Winnpeg, Canada.

I always use a credit card through PayPal, never my bank account.  Just in case.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:10 pm 

wargames-east wrote:Hello, my name is Dave.  I am Wargames-east.  If you have any question, allegations or information that you would like to share in an open, and honest fashion, I am here to answer your questions, address your allegations and give you any information you would like.  I would have sooner if I knew that I was being dragged through the mud.

You're not -- at least not here -- and hopefully my post didn't give you that impression.  We've had dealings with this idiot (Robert Callahan, James Corvin, whoever) for at least six years now, maybe more.  He pops up with a new identity about once a year.  Thankfully, he's about as bright as a tomato, so it's not too difficult to spot him.  But some newer collectors may not be aware of his activities, or may not be paying attention to the red flags.

Foul

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:47 am 

Well thats all true.  He has been popping in and out of ebay like a dandilion.  They guys is like a bad penny, he just keeps turning up.  The thing is, I took him at his word, so I got pulled into the magical mystical world of Robert Callahan (that is his real name).  Tony is his father's name.  A name that Robert has completely financially ruined according to his father.  

He is unemployed and I think sees himself as some major player in RPG-ing.  If he put half as much time into working for a living, as he does insanely attacking people, he'd be a millionaire.  

I have to say that I wasn't paying attention at first.  I took him at his word.

(okay you can stop laughing now)   :?

Anyway, he has been a mildly amusing and somewhat troubling menace for about 6 months now.  I'm just glad to see that he is well known.

This forum and ebay are well aware of his mania so I feel as though I'm in good company.  One could almost start a thread about this guy alone.  I'm talking to a friend of mine who is a script writer, we're kicking around the idea of a screenplay.  Mostly because I found a picture on google of Tony and (I think) his wife posing mostly nude (Though thankfully still PG-13) with a sword.  It was not a pretty sight, but would certianly make an awesome cover for a DVD case or book.  I don't know if you ever saw the decidely B film called "American Movie."  But this guy "Callahan" could be the second comming of tragically funny.

So, I'm happy at any rate that I found this kick butt forum.  I have already picked up some good knowledge here, so I think I'll make it a regular stop.

Dave
Wargames-East

Dave

Wargames-East

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 87 of 104123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 102103104